McCarthyism: Trump Team Hunts For Names Of Those Involved With Obama’s Climate Change Plan

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
584b40131800002d00e41e89.jpeg

This has all the makings of “an illegal modern-day political witch hunt.”

President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team has asked the Department of Energy to compile a list of all the employees and contractors who worked on a number of different initiatives related to climate change, sparking fears of witch hunts and drawing parallels to McCarthyism.

The request, a copy of which was first obtained by Bloomberg, specifically seeks the names of those who attended climate change meetings at the United Nations in the past five years and the names of Obama administration staffers who helped set a metric for calculating the social cost of carbon.

Unnamed employees at the DOE told The Washington Post that it seemed as if the Trump transition team was intentionally singling out individuals.

It’s certainly alarming that they would be targeting specific employees in this way,” Michael Halpern, deputy director of the Center for Science and Democracy at the Union of Concerned Scientists told Bloomberg. “Scientists are looking at this with some suspicion, because many of the people who have been chomping at the bit to dismantle federal climate change science programs are now deeply embedded in the transition.”

Neither the Trump team nor the DOE has commented publicly on the questionnaire. Several politicians have voiced their alarm, however.

More: Trump Team Hunts For Names Of Those Involved With Obama’s Climate Change Plan

This is only the beginning. We haven't seen anything yet.

McCarthyism - Wikipedia

Trump's White House will be a haven for McCarthyism, cronyism, nepotism, and capitalism. He has drained the swamp and brought them into the White House.

Oh for the love of God, McCarthy? Or was it Hitler? Mussolini? Darth Vader? The boogie man?

Patriarchy, institutional racism, sexism, islamaphobia, homophobia, transphobia, fascism, nazi.

That should about cover right? Oh wait, that was last week, this week we have to add "alt right,& fake news". It's so difficult to keep up with the lefts buzz word factory.

Who "silenced" you?

You seem to be posting just fine.

That's not what I meant.

Surely you know what McCarthyism is, right? It's a tool frequented by people in the climate discussion to silence or discredit others.

:lol:

I do know what McCarthyism is - but I'm not sure that you quite understand it.

How have "people" used "McCarthyism" to silence anyone in the climate disscussion?

Again, I see hundreds, if not thousands of posts on this board discussing climate change. Is there a Congressional subcommittee or other government agency investigating these posters that I'm not aware of?

Surely you know what McCarthyism is, right? It's a tool frequented by people in the climate discussion to silence or discredit others.

You know, alarmists to deniers, deniers to alarmists.

What did I say about honesty?

The people Trump's hunting down are trying to make the US environment healthier and safer.

Trump's buddies want to remove all environmental regulations and controls.

People will die.

Are you so obsessed with your side "winning" that you'll happily die?

Why are you even on that side?

Trump doesn't give a fuck about you.

The people Trump's hunting down are trying to make the US environment healthier and safer.

People will die.

The people Trump is hunting down are con artists stealing Americas future.

Again, I see hundreds, if not thousands of posts on this board discussing climate change. Is there a Congressional subcommittee or other government agency investigating these posters that I'm not aware of?

Perhaps I'm not articulating it well enough.

Lakhota is accusing Trump's transition team of engaging in McCarthyism by firing people involved with Obama's climate change policies. I'm not referring to any posts, posters, or behavior of posters involving the act of McCarthyism. I'm talking about people engaging in this behavior that don't include you, I, or anyone else on this board.

Perhaps I'm not articulating it well enough.

Lakhota is accusing Trump's transition team of engaging in McCarthyism by firing people involved with Obama's climate change policies. I'm not referring to any posts, posters, or behavior of posters involving the act of McCarthyism. I'm talking about people engaging in this behavior that don't include you, I, or anyone else on this board.

Ok, then be specific. If not posters here, who are you talking about?

Who has the government fired?

People will die.

If Trump "hunts" down anyone I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are they have no other talent to offer other than being a political appointment. After all we're not talking about knowledgeable scientist we're talking about bureaucrats who were obviously owed some political payback.

Nothing meaningful that I'm aware of.

No they aren't. They have gone way too far in trying to enforce environmental standards. This, for example.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property

That's not true, and you know it.

I'm on a "side"? I argue whatever side I happen to be on at that point in time. Damn lady, I'm not Charlie Sheen.

I'll assume whatever side I wish, with all due respect to you.

How do you know that? That statement is made based off of your hatred of him. Not for any other verifiable fact or reason.

Who "silenced" you?

You seem to be posting just fine.

That's not what I meant.

:lol:

I do know what McCarthyism is - but I'm not sure that you quite understand it.

How have "people" used "McCarthyism" to silence anyone in the climate disscussion?

I think the general issue is about DEMONIZING to DISCREDIT anyone who questions validity of global warming arguments.

I d say the equal and opposite reaction is equally wrong if it seeks to shut down or punish people for speaking their opinions and beliefs.

If it isn't fair for global warming advocates to deny and undercut opposing arguments, it isn't fair to undercut and target them either!

Forum List

Back