Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

Nobel Prize winner Michael Mann is very trustworthy, eh?
I would trust him to direct a movie. Nothing more.

Michael Kenneth Mann is an American director, screenwriter, and producer of film and television who is best known for his distinctive style of crime drama. His most acclaimed works include the films Thief, Manhunter, The Last of the Mohicans, Heat, The Insider, Collateral, and Public Enemies.

There has never been glaciation at any pole without that pole being thermally isolated from marine currents. Never. It's in the geologic record. The reason why should be self evident. It's harder for ice to form over water than it is over land.
I have no idea what you're saying. Glaciers only form on land and Antarctica is covered by them and is NOT thermally isolated from marine currents.

The supposed scientific consensus that you keep mentioning as the reason you believe man is responsible for the recent warming trend.

You know.... these guys...
The scientific consensus I've been referring to says the Earth is warming and sea levels are rising. There is another scientific consensus that says man is responsible and I've always said that may or may not be true but it doesn't matter if the first one is true.

I did answer, sorry you didn't like it.
Your answer was you couldn't answer it, right?

I can't answer that question.
And you aren't willing to venture a guess that it's because CO2 doesn't drive the climate of the planet, right? Even though that's exactly what it implies and is the simplest explanation. That other factors were more important than CO2.

But they absolutely have. You need to see my credentials to believe the so called scientific experts blame CO2 for the recent warming trend?

I find it odd that you say you rely upon the experts and yet you don't have a clue what the experts are saying.
I know what they are saying, I just don't think it matters why the Earth is warming and sea levels are rising.

Your answer was you couldn't answer it, right?
Yes,

And you aren't willing to venture a guess that it's because CO2 doesn't drive the climate of the planet, right? Even though that's exactly what it implies and is the simplest explanation. That other factors were more important than CO2.
I've always accepted that there are multiple causes but I'm not knowledgeable enough to rank their importance.

I have no idea what you're saying. Glaciers only form on land and Antarctica is covered by them and is NOT thermally isolated from marine currents.
The northern pole is covered by an ocean which is mostly landlocked. The southern pole has a continent parked over it. So both are thermally isolated from warmer marine currents. These are not controversial statements. You clearly don't understand what you are discussing.

1673610607280.png

1673610635159.png

1673610658578.png

1673610681639.png

1673610708334.png

1673610735485.png

1673610757371.png

1673610782998.png

1673610810087.png

1673610835091.png

1673610863227.png

I know what they are saying, I just don't think it matters why the Earth is warming and sea levels are rising.
Of course it matters. Why wouldn't it matter? Either it is due to natural climate fluctuations which we can do nothing about or it's due to man's influence which we can do something about.

Forum List

Back