McCarthy approaches Biden debt ceiling talks with the economy — and his job — at stake

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
McCarthy approaches Biden debt ceiling talks with the economy — and his job — at stake

Speaker Kevin McCarthy faces a defining challenge: Can he can strike a debt ceiling deal with President Joe Biden without endangering his job?

Remote : Mon, 08 May 2023 21:03:52 GMT
Local : 2023-05-08(Monday) 23 : 03 : 52
Found via https://nicer.app/world-headlines

to be honest, i'm getting tired of the endless cycles of seeing the rich get richer at the expense of the poor.
the poor are suffering on all sides.

so instead of more austerity for the poor, MAGA Republicans, i really think it's time to tax the richest more.
as a personal note : you lead the world, Americans. your example to tax the rich more would serve as an example for all of your allies around 10 to 20 years down the road.
if you feel differently about this, then i'd like to see some public statements as to why you feel that way.

Last edited:

Speaker Kevin McCarthy faces a defining challenge: Can he can strike a debt ceiling deal with President Joe Biden without endangering his job?

to be honest, i'm getting tired of the endless cycles of seeing the rich get richer at the expense of the poor.

so instead of more austerity for the poor, MAGA Republicans, i really think it's time to tax the richest more.
if you feel differently about this, then i'd like to see some public statements as to why you feel that way.
Why is it a Republican problem? The Democrats held this responsibility through 2022 and decided to punt it to Republicans in 2023 as they lost power. Sure hope Biden comes to his senses.

What "expense of the poor" are you referencing?

Why is it a Republican problem? The Democrats held this responsibility through 2022 and decided to punt it to Republicans in 2023 as they lost power. Sure hope Biden comes to his senses.

What "expense of the poor" are you referencing?
the very restrictions on foodstamps that MAGA is now advocating, for instance!

and it's a Republican problem because it was Trump who just handed over 2T USD to the richest!

the very restrictions on foodstamps that MAGA is now advocating, for instance!

and it's a Republican problem because it was Trump who just handed over 2T USD to the richest!
Trump has been out of office for 2+ years and has nothing to do with the Democrat decision to procrastinate and punt the debt ceiling decision to the new leadership. Do you even know what debt ceiling means and the impacts it produces? Or will you just spew talking points that have nothing to do with it?

Trump has been out of office for 2+ years and has nothing to do with the Democrat decision to procrastinate and punt the debt ceiling decision to the new leadership. Do you even know what debt ceiling means and the impacts it produces? Or will you just spew talking points that have nothing to do with it?
yeah, i know what the debt ceiling means.
i also know that Republicans and especially MAGA Republicans have a tendency to push the poor through austerity measures just so they can shuttle more money to the richest! :(

yeah, i know what the debt ceiling means.
i also know that Republicans and especially MAGA Republicans have a tendency to push the poor through austerity measures just so they can shuttle more money to the richest! :(
Do you have an example or two of this outcome? What measures did Republicans put in place to push the poor through austerity measures?

Do you have an example or two of this outcome? What measures did Republicans put in place to push the poor through austerity measures?

as you can see it's well documented (at least there's that, so far)..

as you can see it's well documented (at least there's that, so far)..
Why did Democrats negate this responsibility in 2022 - 2023 before handing over the baton to Republican leadership? Pelosi?

to be honest, i'm getting tired of the endless cycles of seeing t

as a personal note : you lead the world, Americans. your example to tax the rich more would serve as an example for all of your allies around 10 to 20 years down the road.
People don’t get rich by taking anything from the poor. They get rich by achieving success. Their accumulation of wealth doesn’t mean there’s less for others. It’s not a finite pie.

People don’t get rich by taking anything from the poor. They get rich by achieving success. Their accumulation of wealth doesn’t mean there’s less for others. It’s not a finite pie.
really? that's just what the rich would have us believe, that we can all acquire success through hard work.
but hard work in reality turns out to be very often little more than wage-slavery combined with a modest amount of consumerism and tourism.
i am, due to a medical condition, on a social welfare income level. so i know all about austerity, and i think it's gone far enough already.
i also work hard on my websites to one day hopefully escape my income situation.
but i wanna advocate for universal basic income just about now.
social welfare doesn't allow one to really advertise any product.

i don't know. maybe they were hoping a Democrat would be elected to speaker.
Or maybe they didn't want to deal with the decision process to present a marketable and realistic idea of the situation? Gosh .. You have $100 for budget and you want to spend $100K. Good for the Republicans to make Biden extend invites to discuss.

really? that's just what the rich would have us believe, that we can all acquire success through hard work.
but hard work in reality turns out to be little more than wage-slavery combined with a modest amount of consumerism and tourism.
Wage slavery? What does that mean?

Are employees required to work for a company? Or ... can they move on to more lucrative and / or work life balance opportunities to meet their needs? Idiots believe entry-level positions should pay a "liveable wage" .... while never defining what that means.

but hard work in reality turns out to be very often little more than wage-slavery combined with a modest amount of consumerism and tourism.
i am, due to a medical condition, on a social welfare income level. so i know all about austerity, and i think it's gone far enough already.
i also work hard on my websites to one day hopefully escape my income situation.
but i wanna advocate for universal basic income just about now.
social welfare doesn't allow one to really advertise any product.
After reading that a second time, that was rather idiotic

the Dems didn't spend more than MAGA did under Trump!
Yet .. then there was this thing called COVID ... where Trump extended financial benefits to a plethora of beneficiaries .. I bet they (and maybe you) didn't complain about those extended unemployment benefits or rental moratoriums.

Wage slavery? What does that mean?

Are employees required to work for a company? Or ... can they move on to more lucrative and / or work life balance opportunities to meet their needs? Idiots believe entry-level positions should pay a "liveable wage" .... while never defining what that means.
oh those wage slaves constantly suggest definitions as to what that 'liveable wage' means. only to see fans of the meritocracy and the rich shoot those proposals down with empty moronic rethoric.

Forum List

Back