McCain takes lead in Gallup poll for first time

heh

Hillary could come to my door and beg me to vote for Obama and it wouldn't make a difference. I can see through pandering. lol. Only Obama can make me vote for him, no one else.

that's what i was thinking as i was watching last night...make me believe!

jeepers creepers, jeepers! you're the one who sounds a bit overly emotional here! :eusa_whistle:
talk about the fear factor! **
I am emotional, Damn right. There is nothing wrong with that. I cant stand her or her rabid supporters. They dont think twice about putting themselves before the party... She however would have made a better veep than Biden... I say this even though Biden was secretly my dark horse for the #1 slot. I am currently registering new voters but the process is slow.. her foot soldiers are more motivated than biddens.. we could use that passion out in the trenches.. so while you cats bitch and moan about Obama the unregistered voters out there still remain in that state.. I dont have to like eachother... we just have to like our common goals..

Last edited:
so while you cats bitch and moan about Obama the unregistered voters out there still remain in that state.. I dont have to like eachother... we just have to like our common goals..

when there were twenty different candidates to choose from, obama was on the bottom of the list for me. i don't care if he's black. i don't care if hillary is a woman. i haven't bitched and moaned about anything, i just do not plan on voting for a guy with no experience at such a critical time in our history.

btw, i don't dislike you...i just sorta enjoy saying jeepers creepers, jeepers. :tongue:

i applaud your passion, however misguided it might be. :eusa_clap:

Hillary has actually bent over backwards to show support for Obama and to make this election go to the Dems. I don't even understand why anyone is griping that she "owes" something more? What more? Suicide?

She doesn't. Barak is just lazy and has a huge ego.

Fear sells. Have you noticed that the Republicans always win by making Americans afraid of something? Mostly afraid of liberals, and as stupid as it is, it works every time.

I thought hope and change would win the day this time around, but it only seems to work on Democrats.

Whatever happens, I still think the Dems will have a sizable majority in Congress. And I hope McCain takes Liberman as VP.

Zogby International

And Rasmussen thinks it's b/c disaffected Hillary voters are cranky...

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

The Hillarybots need to get over it or they're going to screw up the supreme court for generations...

Talk about selling fear. The biggest fearmonger on this board sure as Hell isn't a Republican.

Right. You assume it would be trashed, and you assume I would be okay with it.

I would not. I'm equally sure I wouldn't want anyone YOU would consider qualified sitting on the Supreme Court.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... so long as the 2nd amendment is protected, heck with the 4th amendment, the 1st amendment and all of the other individual freedoms....

and of course, unless the justice treats the constitution like a fundie reading the bible and pretends they're not supposed to interpret the words, the extremist right NEVER thinks they're qualified... instead they like the substandard, ill-equipped clarence thomas and the ethics impaired scalia... given they're all so uniquely qualified to discuss the concept of constitutional construction and all...

so i pretty much think i'd be appalled by anyone you would find qualified.

by the by... i was okay with sandy day o'connor, it's the fringe freaks i take issue with.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... so long as the 2nd amendment is protected, heck with the 4th amendment, the 1st amendment and all of the other individual freedoms....

and of course, unless the justice treats the constitution like a fundie reading the bible and pretends they're not supposed to interpret the words, the extremist right NEVER thinks they're qualified... instead they like the substandard, ill-equipped clarence thomas and the ethics impaired scalia... given they're all so uniquely qualified to discuss the concept of constitutional construction and all...

so i pretty much think i'd be appalled by anyone you would find qualified.

by the by... i was okay with sandy day o'connor, it's the fringe freaks i take issue with.

Interpretting the SENTENCES, not the individual words, is one thing ... reinventing the vocabulary, as you lefties have done with the Second quite another.

And I must have missed something where all of these goings on are going on. The 4th is under attack? News to me.

What's not news is that you take issue with conservative justices. What a shock.

As I said, fearmongering, nothing more nor less.

Fear sells. Have you noticed that the Republicans always win by making Americans afraid of something? Mostly afraid of liberals, and as stupid as it is, it works every time.

I thought hope and change would win the day this time around, but it only seems to work on Democrats.

Whatever happens, I still think the Dems will have a sizable majority in Congress. And I hope McCain takes Liberman as VP.

This election will be decided by about 8% of those undecided centrists who have no ideology and will generally vote for whoever they feel as the best answers to the issues they care about. And what they care about has nothing to do with the power base of either party (they don't care much about hot-button leftist issues, like environment, universal health care, welfare, etc... or abortion, state's rights, stem-cell research bans, assisted suicide, etc...) These undecides are NOT an ethnic minority, they are not working poor, they wealthy business owners or executives, nor do they live in the large urban areas; they are middle to upper middle class heartlanders, mostly college educated, mostly white, many women with TRADITIONALIST (not necessarily conservative or liberal) values. Republican presidential candidates usually overwhelminingly appeal to that group while the hard left loons the dems keep nominating do not. And it usually takes until September of the election year for the polls to start reflecting that.

Obama has to pretty much dump the left wing of his own party for the next two months and run to center-right very hard now to win over this group. McCain is already a moderate republican so obama has some work to do.

Interpretting the SENTENCES, not the individual words, is one thing ... reinventing the vocabulary, as you lefties have done with the Second quite another.

And I must have missed something where all of these goings on are going on. The 4th is under attack? News to me.

What's not news is that you take issue with conservative justices. What a shock.

As I said, fearmongering, nothing more nor less.

sandra day o'connor was a conservative. kennedy IS a conservative, I have no issue with them. scalia, alito, thomas??? extremist freaks...

for the record, unlike the loonies on the right, i don't want the judges all to have the same philosophy, I want there to be balance, but hiring someone for the job of president who is offended by judicial review???? who's going to appoint justices approvied by the same religious right he used to call the "agents of intolerance"??

heck with that.....

sandra day o'connor was a conservative. kennedy IS a conservative, I have no issue with them. scalia, alito, thomas??? extremist freaks...

for the record, unlike the loonies on the right, i don't want the judges all to have the same philosophy, I want there to be balance, but hiring someone for the job of president who is offended by judicial review???? who's going to appoint justices approvied by the same religious right he used to call the "agents of intolerance"??

heck with that.....

What I want is are justices who basically take the view that if the constitution did not EXPLICITLY give the government the power then the government DOES NOT HAVE IT. A court whose main purpose is to neuter the federal government and return the vast majority of power back to the states and from there to local government. Beyond national defense the federal government has no real role or purpose.

heck with that.....

From what position do you call them extremists? YOUR extremist position? It's all a matter of perspective.

There's no one on the right who doesn't think the same of anyone YOU would nominate as you think of them. That's also a matter of perspective.

I want every damned one of them to be right down the middle and interpret the law as it's stated and intended and I don't care whether they're a member of a political party or not.

But I won't support today's definition of a liberal anything.

Forum List

Back