McCain takes lead in Gallup poll for first time

Try to keep in mind how weak you're making Obama look.

Obama makes himself look weak. He can't carry the Clinton voters because they don't respect Obama like they respect the Clintons.

I hope on November 5, Clinton releases an ad saying, "I told you so. Vote for me 2012."

i will never get the hillary voters that will not support obama. i hate to say it, but i think many people simply refuse to support a black candidate.

This election will be decided by about 8% of those undecided centrists who have no ideology and will generally vote for whoever they feel as the best answers to the issues they care about. And what they care about has nothing to do with the power base of either party (they don't care much about hot-button leftist issues, like environment, universal health care, welfare, etc... or abortion, state's rights, stem-cell research bans, assisted suicide, etc...) These undecides are NOT an ethnic minority, they are not working poor, they wealthy business owners or executives, nor do they live in the large urban areas; they are middle to upper middle class heartlanders, mostly college educated, mostly white, many women with TRADITIONALIST (not necessarily conservative or liberal) values. Republican presidential candidates usually overwhelminingly appeal to that group while the hard left loons the dems keep nominating do not. And it usually takes until September of the election year for the polls to start reflecting that.

Obama has to pretty much dump the left wing of his own party for the next two months and run to center-right very hard now to win over this group. McCain is already a moderate republican so obama has some work to do.

I suspect that that 8% are going to be facing the cost of heating their homes come Novemember and the sticker shock is going to goad them to start thinking somewhat more radically than they might otherwise.

Still I quite agree with much of you analysis about elections generally.

The economy IS going to be the issue this time around.

Ha. Supporting a black candidate is one thing, supporting an openly racist black candidate is another.

Please show that Obama is openly racist... or STFU.... My Baltimore peeps aren't voting for him cause he's black... Republicans keep saying that people wont vote for him cause he's black. Hillary said people wont vote for him cause he's black.

That being said, Blacks are being franchised in astronomical numbers... I'm hitting the hood this weekend to insure a few more as well....

As of today: Obama - 260; McCain - 173; Too Close To Call - 105

usa31.jpg

Anybody's race....

Please show where she said that or STFU.

Hillary Rodham Clinton vowed Wednesday to continue her quest for the Democratic nomination, arguing she would be the stronger nominee because she appeals to a wider coalition of voters — including whites who have not supported Barack Obama in recent contests.

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

"There's a pattern emerging here," she said.

Clinton's blunt remarks about race came a day after primaries in Indiana and North Carolina dealt symbolic and mathematical blows to her White House ambitions...Clinton rejected any idea that her emphasis on white voters could be interpreted as racially divisive. "These are the people you have to win if you're a Democrat in sufficient numbers to actually win the election. Everybody knows that."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm

Guess that gives me the Ok to keep talkin eh?

I suspect that that 8% are going to be facing the cost of heating their homes come Novemember and the sticker shock is going to goad them to start thinking somewhat more radically than they might otherwise.

Still I quite agree with much of you analysis about elections generally.

The economy IS going to be the issue this time around.

Ya cause McCain is why we have high gas prices, right? Last I checked Congress has been controlled by Dems since January 2007, they, not the President, want to do nothing about high gas prices.

Remember they, not the President, REFUSE to even consider drilling for oil we already have. They insist on Corn created ethanol, driving UP food prices on everything else. Obama is in the pocket of that lobby.

Right.... only the white uneducated people wont vote for him. "Everybody knows that"....
It doesn't say they won't, it says they are more likely to vote for her. And it doesn't say they are more likely to vote for her because he's black, or because she's a woman, or because she's more middle of the road than he is.

But I don't expect you to see that, just like I don't expect you to understand that blackness isn't a negative trait.

Sad that FL is red.

Not by a lot, though. And Obama/Biden can still get the little old ladies in Boca ;)

They're just going to have to work at it... and it's exactly what I mean by Obama is going to have to convince them he's not like Rev Wright. I think Joe Biden will go a long way to helping get FL blue or at least to purple.

Not by a lot, though. And Obama/Biden can still get the little old ladies in Boca ;)

They're just going to have to work at it... and it's exactly what I mean by Obama is going to have to convince them he's not like Rev Wright. I think Joe Biden will go a long way to helping get FL blue or at least to purple.
That's always possible, though Florida has been red forever and McCain is perceived by many Dems here as moderate.

It doesn't say they won't, it says they are more likely to vote for her. And it doesn't say they are more likely to vote for her because he's black, or because she's a woman, or because she's more middle of the road than he is.

But I don't expect you to see that, just like I don't expect you to understand that blackness isn't a negative trait.

Ok.. first she brought up color. Then.. .she said this isnt about race. If it wasnt being construed to be about race then why would she feel the need to put that disclaimer in there.

Forum List

Back