McCain takes lead in Gallup poll for first time

Fear sells. Have you noticed that the Republicans always win by making Americans afraid of something? Mostly afraid of liberals, and as stupid as it is, it works every time.

I thought hope and change would win the day this time around, but it only seems to work on Democrats.

Whatever happens, I still think the Dems will have a sizable majority in Congress. And I hope McCain takes Liberman as VP.

In the poll's horserace question, Obama got a small bump out of the announcement, and now leads McCain, 46% to 44%, in a two-way contest, and leads 45% to 42% in a five-way contest including Libertarian candidate Bob Barr of Georgia, who won 4%, Green Party nominee Cynthia McKinney and liberal independent candidate Ralph Nader, both of whom won 1% support.

Zogby International

And Rasmussen thinks it's b/c disaffected Hillary voters are cranky...

Obama’s support has declined in each of the last three individual nights of polling. This may be either statistical noise or a reaction to the selection of Biden. If it’s the latter, it probably has less to do with Biden than Hillary Clinton. Forty-seven percent (47%) of Democratic women say Clinton should have been picked and 21% of them say they’ll vote for McCain.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

The Hillarybots need to get over it or they're going to screw up the supreme court for generations...

The Hillarybots need to get over it or they're going to screw up the supreme court for generations...

Welllllll.....I'd agree with you but watching Obama suck up to the religious right I'm no longer sure that he won't appoint someone to SCOTUS that will be just as bad.

Fear sells. Have you noticed that the Republicans always win by making Americans afraid of something? Mostly afraid of liberals, and as stupid as it is, it works every time.

c'mon, i'm not afraid of liberals..that's bogus. you damn dem bots just think you're smarter than everybody else. :tongue:

Welllllll.....I'd agree with you but watching Obama suck up to the religious right I'm no longer sure that he won't appoint someone to SCOTUS that will be just as bad.

He's a constitutional scholar... he's constitutionally incapable of it.

:eusa_shhh:

Seriously... not a shot. Did he suck up... well, there are huge populations of uncommitted voters who are religious. He was respectful and talked about his own faith. I doubt that Hillary would have done much differently.

:eek: imagine that! a little nugget of truth!

speaking of fear, that goes both ways now, doesn't it? :eusa_whistle:

He's a constitutional scholar... he's constitutionally incapable of it.

:eusa_shhh:

Seriously... not a shot. Did he suck up... well, there are huge populations of uncommitted voters who are religious. He was respectful and talked about his own faith. I doubt that Hillary would have done much differently.
Oh, please. He's bent over backwards to make it look like he's Mr. Godly. And if he wins, he'll have to keep sucking up to them for the next election's votes.

Hillary (and Bill) need to get over it first and do what is expected of them ... promote the Democratic nominee.

Hillary (and Bill) need to get over it first and do what is expected of them ... promote the Democratic nominee.

It shouldn't matter WHAT Bill and Hillary do...

I don't think anyone ever answered me, though... did Bill Bradley have to prostrate himself to turn over his support when he didn't get the nomination?

It shouldn't matter WHAT Bill and Hillary do...

I don't think anyone ever answered me, though... did Bill Bradley have to prostrate himself to turn over his support when he didn't get the nomination?

It's different with the Clintons ... a unique situation ... they had the White House already ... they are practically a brand name ... with legions of loyal followers ... they were going to make history with Hillary's ascension ... then Obama deflated them ... it left a lot of their supporters jaded ... they are cold towards Obama and surprise, surprise ... so are Bill and Hillary ... so yeah, IMO it DOES matter what Bill and Hillary do.

It's different with the Clintons ... a unique situation ... they had the White House already ... they are practically a brand name ... with legions of loyal followers ... they were going to make history with Hillary's ascension ... then Obama deflated them ... it left a lot of their supporters jaded ... they are cold towards Obama and surprise, surprise ... so are Bill and Hillary ... so yeah, IMO it DOES matter what Bill and Hillary do.
It wouldn't make a difference to me.

in other words, no. bill bradley didn't have to. and Hillary just happens to be the first woman to have come close to getting the nomination...... a correlation?

but in all seriousness... it shouldn't matter what Bill and Hillary do because only an idiot would vote against their self-interest because they are cranky.

Believe me, I don't think Hillary was treated fairly.... but that's not a good enough reason for me to vote for someone who's going to make a mess out of the High Court and has supported the loser policies of the last 7 1/2 years somewhere between 80% and 95% of the time.

in other words, no. bill bradley didn't have to. and Hillary just happens to be the first woman to have come close to getting the nomination...... a correlation?

but in all seriousness... it shouldn't matter what Bill and Hillary do because only an idiot would vote against their self-interest because they are cranky.

Believe me, I don't think Hillary was treated fairly.... but that's not a good enough reason for me to vote for someone who's going to make a mess out of the High Court and has supported the loser policies of the last 7 1/2 years somewhere between 80% and 95% of the time.

Both sides rely on getting a lot of idiots to vote for them ...

Hillary has actually bent over backwards to show support for Obama and to make this election go to the Dems. I don't even understand why anyone is griping that she "owes" something more? What more? Suicide?

Forum List

Back