McCain takes lead in Gallup poll for first time

Your losing it retired..

Barack meant 47 states... everybody knows that.. now confusing time and again shia and sunni and saying that Iran shares a border with pakistan, and saying that Iran is training alqueada... thats a problem...

Are you contending that Iran does not share a border with Pakistan? (You should look at a map before you call someone out).

Are you contending you know the affiliation of all the terrorists that Iran IS training and therefore you KNOW that one of them is not AQ?

Or is this just a deduction based on nothing but "you betting your ass" that Sunni and Shiite hate each other so much that no matter the mutual benefit, they could never work together?

Not by a lot, though. And Obama/Biden can still get the little old ladies in Boca ;)

They're just going to have to work at it... and it's exactly what I mean by Obama is going to have to convince them he's not like Rev Wright. I think Joe Biden will go a long way to helping get FL blue or at least to purple.

Now you have hit on the fundamental reason Obama will lose. He cannot explain Rev. Wright and to a lesser extent some of his other contacts like Ayers and others of that ilk to this particular audience.

You have to remember who this people are. These are the construction workers and factory workers who carry their lunch pale to work each day. These are the men who during the VietNam war went on college campuses and surrounded the flag pole to defend the flag against the radical college students that wanted to burn it. These people do not understand in the least and do not WANT to be made to understand why someone like Rev. Wright would say the things he did. They further understand completely to their satisfaction how Obama could sit in that church listening to things like that for 20 years.

The answer that satisfies them is: because he agreed with what Wright was saying.

Now you may contend that that's neither fair or true. Be that as it may, these are not people who have the time or inclination to do in depth analysis of the issue. They go off their gut.

That is the challenge that Obama has. Changing their minds. Oh and to top it off, he has directly insulted them by saying they cling to their guns and bibles. I'm not sure selecting BIG member of the Washington establishment is really going to cut it with them. They didn't like Biden in 1988, they didn't like him in 2008 and it is unlikely that they will like him combined with a big dose of Obama.

He may be able to do it, but I say he can't. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think he can get that part of his base back.

I think you are wrong because most of them have probably sat in a church for more than 20 years and heard things that they didn't agree with, either.

I think it's a giant bowl of rich, chocolaty flavored ice cream irony that ANY republican wants to point out an obama gaffe about 47 states given the brain impediment, and plethora of examples thereof, of their last presidential choice.

for real... pick this "stupid presidential candidate" scab, bitches.

I think you are wrong because most of them have probably sat in a church for more than 20 years and heard things that they didn't agree with, either.

Having your preacher say something you don't agree with and having your preacher preach hatred are two completely different things.

Having your preacher say something you don't agree with and having your preacher preach hatred are two completely different things.
Not really. Catholics at one time made it a point to preach hatred against gays every Sunday. I know quite a few Catholics that stayed with the church and just rolled their eyes. Now, that's hatred. Wright was actually making a halfway decent point, as stupidly as he made it.

Not really. Catholics at one time made it a point to preach hatred against gays every Sunday. I know quite a few Catholics that stayed with the church and just rolled their eyes. Now, that's hatred. Wright was actually making a halfway decent point, as stupidly as he made it.

At least the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't say being white is a sin.

Whether I'm wrong or not, it is Obama's burden. Clearly, he has not solidified his base he has a Clinton/Edwards gap. If I'm wrong, why does it exist? They are clearly thinking something that doesn't agree with Obama. Maybe you think they are just racist instead?

I think it's a giant bowl of rich, chocolaty flavored ice cream irony that ANY republican wants to point out an obama gaffe about 47 states given the brain impediment, and plethora of examples thereof, of their last presidential choice.

for real... pick this "stupid presidential candidate" scab, bitches.

Two idiots don't make a right....or something like that.

I really happen to believe that Obama was thinking of the number of primaries rather than the number of states (so Guam, Puerto Rico DC and places like that were included in the number). But, I like making sport of Obama so I never ran to his defense. I would have thought some of you would have come up with it though. Shame on you "supporters" you're letting your guy twist in the wind.

Whether I'm wrong or not, it is Obama's burden. Clearly, he has not solidified his base he has a Clinton/Edwards gap. If I'm wrong, why does it exist? They are clearly thinking something that doesn't agree with Obama. Maybe you think they are just racist instead?
Racist? No, I think that it's going to be a close race because McCain is perceived as a moderate and Obama is seen as not the establishment...even if neither is true.

Racist? No, I think that it's going to be a close race because McCain is perceived as a moderate and Obama is seen as not the establishment...even if neither is true.

I didn't even hear a "Toro" as you dodged the question.

The question is not about the nature of the race but why Obama is not able to get 20% - 30% of his base. People who have voted for some other Dem candidate but are not supporting him. Why? I gave my reasons. He cannot explain Wright to those kind of people. He cannot then insult them and make them like him.

I didn't even hear a "Toro" as you dodged the question.

The question is not about the nature of the race but why Obama is not able to get 20% - 30% of his base. People who have voted for some other Dem candidate but are not supporting him. Why? I gave my reasons. He cannot explain Wright to those kind of people. He cannot then insult them and make them like him.
I can only speak for myself. It possible I won't vote for Obama, but it has nothing to do with Wright. I used to like him, but now I don't. It has more to do with him portraying Hillary as a racist, and his flip on FISA and offshore drilling that make me not want to vote for him. I do think he was lying when he said he didn't know what Wright was preaching, but in a vacuum, that doesn't bother me.

Are you contending that Iran does not share a border with Pakistan? (You should look at a map before you call someone out).
Dohh.. Mac said there was an Iraq / pakistan border.. gaffing is easy apparently.. but hey.. I'm not running for president.

Are you contending you know the affiliation of all the terrorists that Iran IS training and therefore you KNOW that one of them is not AQ?
Nope.. not my contention. It was however Senator Liebermans who leaned over to correct him.

Or is this just a deduction based on nothing but "you betting your ass" that Sunni and Shiite hate each other so much that no matter the mutual benefit, they could never work together?
Buddy of mine went there to teach democracy and coalition building to the sunnis .. he left saying those people are fucked...

We have 50 States so even 47 is wrong. You used to learn that in Grade school. But again remind me how when McCain makes a slip it is earth shattering but when Obama does it is just cause he was tired.

Obama meant 47 states. he went on to say with 1 left and 2 my campaign wouldnt let me go to.. last I checked there were only 50 stars on that flag.. I aint no math major but Obamas comment seems to add up to 50...

Forum List

Back