McCain picks Sarah Palin

Listen to the debates I posted in this topic. She cares about the people, not BP.

She also supports laws that give gays certain rights. I don't agree with banning gay marriage because I think marriage has been made a joke of, but that doesn't mean I don't respect her decision to keep marriage between a man and a woman, either. She has gay friends, she admitted to that. She just doesn't think they should be married.

She's a proactive person. She wants to make sure the VP has an active role in the government. She doesn't want to sit around twiddling her thumbs.

So did Obama.

like i said, theyre all stupid things, like most of what is brought up in political campaigns. but theyre all things that can be brought up to scare others

Heh ... riiiiiiiiiiiiight ... you keep on dreaming ... if last night is any kind of indication Obama is coming out swinging in the debates.

You could come out swinging against the MMA champion... but if you have no experience, no training, and nothing behind it.... you're going down quick too...

You were the one who stated that Biden's experience would dwarf Palin's platitudes... goes to reason that it would be the same thing in McCain .vs Obama then, wouldn't it??

You don't get it both ways.... even though partisan thought within you wants it to be

like i said, theyre all stupid things, like most of what is brought up in political campaigns. but theyre all things that can be brought up to scare others

They're all going to backfire. Biden learned from his debates against Clinton that you don't attack women personally. It doesn't bode well for your popularity.

I'm glad that you've got some great memories. I never played that way myself but that in-the-woods home run I hit when I was a Cub Scout will always be with me.

Obama has done what, exactly, to get that foreign policy experience in the few months of his Senate tenure while not running for President?

The fact is that he's on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has just finished a multi-nation tour, and has been in the spotlight for a national campaign for a year and a half ... when something happens either nationally or globally Obama is one of the first opinions sought.

Admittedly, he's doing a lot of learning as he goes but he's been is getting experience through this campaign.

Palin wants to drill in ANWR and will kill all the Caribou so their lobby won't stand in the way. Even if she has to shoot them all herself..... seen here getting a start on the new policy.

palin.jpg

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

The fact is that he's on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has just finished a multi-nation tour, and has been in the spotlight for a national campaign for a year and a half ... when something happens either nationally or globally Obama is one of the first opinions sought.

Admittedly, he's doing a lot of learning as he goes but he's been is getting experience through this campaign.

Again

Name any specific thing Obama has worked on and created with the SFRC...

And he's traveled and talked to people without any agenda, accomplishment to show for it, etc... basically a worldwide photo op... and he's vying for a job with speeches, more photo ops, and more speeches

Just how many of these Senate Foreign Relations Committee meetings has he actually been to? Its no surprise that the media would ask the Democrat Prez Nom his opinions about issues.

Again, I would argue that on the job training may be appropriate for a Veep, but not the #1.

Again

Name any specific thing Obama has worked on and created with the SFRC...

And he's traveled and talked to people without any agenda, accomplishment to show for it, etc... basically a worldwide photo op... and he's vying for a job with speeches, more photo ops, and more speeches

Oh for God's sake, do some reading!

Palin wants to drill in ANWR and will kill all the Caribou so their lobby won't stand in the way. Even if she has to shoot them all herself..... seen here getting a start on the new policy.

palin.jpg

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

I hear those caraboo make good eating....

Based on her record, I would expect her to be very prepared for questions on foreign relations because that is her weakness (in some respects) remember that governors these days, especially coastal governors with resources to sell overseas do a good bit of traveling and meeting foreign leaders to open markets for their states products. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has met quite a few foreign leaders.

She's not going to have the depth and breadth of experience that someone who has been in the SFRC for 36 years has, but he's never been in the executive branch either.
great point wow

You could come out swinging against the MMA champion... but if you have no experience, no training, and nothing behind it.... you're going down quick too...

You were the one who stated that Biden's experience would dwarf Palin's platitudes... goes to reason that it would be the same thing in McCain .vs Obama then, wouldn't it??

You don't get it both ways.... even though partisan thought within you wants it to be

Oh, please ...

No, it wouldn't.

I've seen all 4 in a debate. Biden, McCain, and Obama in multiple ...

I stated that when it comes to foreign policy and national issues Biden would thunder away and Palin will bring platitudes and Bush policy.

To think that because I think Biden-Palin would go that way I would have to assume McCain-Obama would be the same is ridiculous.

Pick your favorite rap station listen to a rap song then listen to the vote Obama that comes after

so, a rapper who supports obama and may occasionally say something bad about the police shows that all liberals hate police for the sheer purpose of getting the black vote? i see a flaw in your logic.

and your av is incorrect, btw

Just how many of these Senate Foreign Relations Committee meetings has he actually been to?

I'm not sure ... are you? I tried to research it but couldn't find any concrete numbers.

Its no surprise that the media would ask the Democrat Prez Nom his opinions about issues.

So he better do his homework and be prepared, eh?

Again, I would argue that on the job training may be appropriate for a Veep, but not the #1.

While I agree that it is a fair concern for you to have I don't think it means that Obama would be a failure.

Oh, please ...

No, it wouldn't.

I've seen all 4 in a debate. Biden, McCain, and Obama in multiple ...

I stated that when it comes to foreign policy and national issues Biden would thunder away and Palin will bring platitudes and Bush policy.

To think that because I think Biden-Palin would go that way I would have to assume McCain-Obama would be the same is ridiculous.

So with a liberal platitudes are ok and win out over experience.... but also experience wins out over platitudes, as long as it is a liberal with the experience

gotcha..

:rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Obama is a great teleprompter reader and repeater of slogans... but a very poor debater

Forum List

Back