McCain picks Sarah Palin

so you admit to not being able to prove your statement? silly me, i thought you would try and show that what you said wasnt idiotic and wrong.

and the av is incorrect because slavery and communism still exist, as does fascism to a lesser extent, and there are still people who hold to nazism's beliefs. so they arent all ended. but that is a different discussion than the one in this thread

Man you are reaching there is a difference between me being sarcastic and stating a valid point. Every time i have stated an opinion that was not sarcastic i have been able to back it with facts. Your need to pick through my words and find grounds to attack me because of your need to feel important.

You say war didnt end slavery well are there slaves in America? No? why because of war. Do we really have to go through this step by step? Or can you walk to the short bus by yourself from now on?

Man you are reaching there is a difference between me being sarcastic and stating a valid point. Every time i have stated an opinion that was not sarcastic i have been able to back it with facts. Your need to pick through my words and find grounds to attack me because of your need to feel important.

You say war didnt end slavery well are there slaves in America? No? why because of war. Do we really have to go through this step by step? Or can you walk to the short bus by yourself from now on?

did i say there were slaves in america? (well, there does seem to be http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22083762/) or does that sign really mean 'ended most slavery in america, communism in russia, fascism in italy and germany, and nazism in germany? to say they are ended everywhere is a lie. and that is what your sign states.

and claiming you didnt really mean it is a great way to back off of a claim

Last edited:
Republican voting for Obama and you say McCain has lost it? Now that's rich!

Ain't it great to live in America where we can vote for the man or woman that will actually try to make things better?

It's not we Republicans that are voting for a Democrat that is the problem ... it is you "head up your ass Republicans" that are nuts! :cuckoo:

First of all there was no claim sarcasm is just that sarcasm. Secondly my sign doesn't say it ended it everywhere in the world that my friend was something you implied.

First of all there was no claim sarcasm is just that sarcasm. Secondly my sign doesn't say it ended it everywhere in the world that my friend was something you implied.

your first statement: what does that mean?

"except for ending"

what does "ending" mean to you? apparently not the actual definition of the word.

complete: having come or been brought to a conclusion
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Would you like to expand on this or just blow :eusa_whistle: smoke, and :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Sure. It is pretty easy to find that she was a two term mayor and is a governor. Anyway, here is some info:

Pre-gubernatorial political experience

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged and defeated the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[6] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[6] Palin followed through on her campaign promises to reduce her own salary, and to reduce property taxes by 60%.[6] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[6][10] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[11]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[6]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[12] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[13][6] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican Party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[14] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[6]

Governorship

In 2006, Palin, running on a clean-government campaign, executed an upset victory over then-Gov. Murkowski in the Republican gubernatorial primary.[6] Despite the lack of support from party leaders and being outspent by her Democratic opponent, she went on to win the general election in November 2006, defeating former Governor Tony Knowles.[6] Palin said in 2006 that education, public safety, and transportation would be three cornerstones of her administration.[15]

When elected, Palin became the first woman to be Alaska's governor, and the youngest governor in Alaskan history at 42 years of age upon taking office. Palin was also the first Alaskan governor born after Alaska achieved U.S. statehood and the first not to be inaugurated in Juneau, instead choosing to hold her inauguration ceremony in Fairbanks. She took office on December 4, 2006.

Highlights of Governor Palin's tenure include a successful push for an ethics bill, and also shelving pork-barrel projects supported by fellow Republicans. After federal funding for the Gravina Island Bridge project that had become a nationwide symbol of wasteful earmark spending was lost, Palin decided against filling the over $200 million gap with state money.[16][17] "Alaska needs to be self-sufficient, she says, instead of relying heavily on 'federal dollars,' as the state does today."[18]

She has challenged the state's Republican leaders, helping to launch a campaign by Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell to unseat U.S. Congressman Don Young[19] and publicly challenging Senator Ted Stevens to come clean about the federal investigation into his financial dealings.[16]

In 2007, Palin had an approval rating often above 90%.[18] A poll published by Hays Research on July 28, 2008 showed Palin's approval rating at 80%.[20]

Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your first statement: what does that mean?

"except for ending"

what does "ending" mean to you? apparently not the actual definition of the word.

complete: having come or been brought to a conclusion
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Youre like a dog chasing its tail and wont stop until it deep throats itself. You have NO valid point, you're not even being sarcastic you're just an idiot who thinks that he's right and hopes maybe someone else will too.

Youre like a dog chasing its tail and wont stop until it deep throats itself. You have NO valid point, you're not even being sarcastic you're just an idiot who thinks that he's right and hopes maybe someone else will too.

so instead of showing how you are correct, you turn to insults. that really proves your point.

im sorry you cant handle this criticism

She is right. Hey, I just heard that McCain is furious about who they picked to run as his VP. Oh you think he makes that decision? Hardly. Other people are controlling McCain.

They made a big mistake picking a rookie, female or not.

Anways, McCain wanted Kay Bailey Hutchison or Tom Ridge. McCain has never heard this woman stump. Bill Kristol of Fox News is walking around with a perma wedgy shit eating grin trying to pretend like this is good news. :clap2: great pick

She is right. Hey, I just heard that McCain is furious about who they picked to run as his VP. Oh you think he makes that decision? Hardly. Other people are controlling McCain.

Anways, McCain wanted Kay Bailey Hutchison or Tom Ridge. McCain has never heard this woman stump. Bill Kristol of Fox News is walking around with a perma wedgy shit eating grin trying to pretend like this is good news. :clap2: great pick

good--Bill Kristol is a dick and post a link for us where McCain is pissed about Palin.

The mere fact that you are siding with her should let her know that she is wrong

"A rookie".
Given your mindless devotion to Obama, who next to this woman looks like a squalling political infant, that's pretty funny.

The volatile issue of teaching creation science in public schools popped up in the Alaska governor's race this week when Republican Sarah Palin said she thinks creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the state's public classrooms.

Oh great! She wants to teach religion in a science class! As if schools don't have enough things to do, now they have to be churches?

adn.com | elections : 'Creation science' enters the race

This women is a great pick for McCain! Thank God! She is going to ruin him!

"A rookie".
Given your mindless devotion to Obama, who next to this woman looks like a squalling political infant, that's pretty funny.

Obama has been right about everything for 8 plus years. And, he has more experience than this woman, who is one heart attack away from being the leader of the free world.

Your party just fucked up big time. LOL. :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back