Will Chris Cristie Be The Man Who Can Save Our Nation??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Chris Christie, the former New Jersey governor who has branded himself as the only Republican willing and able to take down former President Donald Trump, will enter the 2024 presidential race next week, according to reports. Christie joins a growing field of GOP presidential candidates, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, South Carolina congressman Rep. Tim Scott, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and former Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson. Former Vice President Mike Pence is another strong contender but has not yet entered the race. And, of course, there's former president Trump.

The former New Jersey governor has sought to set himself apart from other candidates by taking Trump to task. He's criticized other Republican challengers for steering clear of any Trump flak - Christie backed Trump in 2016 and 2020, but reached his breaking point on election night in 2020 when the former president stood behind the presidential seal and falsely claimed the election was stolen."

I don't think Cristie had a shot of being the GOP nominee; let alone the president - but to give context....at this stage leading up to the 2016 election, Ben Carson was a front runner; so there is a long way to go and anything can happen....Ironically, Cristie was at his most popular when he was bullying teachers and trash talking reporters; but the minute Trump came along and showed himself willing to do that and more, Christie ended up just being his sidekick...and ultimately ended up being Trump's whipping boy....so no, I doubt he has serious chance.

but Cristie does remind me of something that I find funny with Republican voters...why do yall end up hating the same people you just cheered for to be president?
_006.gop.0(117).jpg

Before Trump sycophants, the closest thing I had seen to it was Bush sycophancy...especially during the early days of the Iraq war.....Right-wingers back then would call you a terrorist or a traitor if you ever spoke out against Bush or the Iraq invasion...now those same right-wingers pretend none of this ever happened...due to utter embarrassment...then...after Bush, it was McCain and Palin....and those same folks now dance on McCain's grave...and don't even get me started on Romney....so yes, it is definitely a cult of personality more so than it is policies when it comes to right-wingers...Since the policies between Bush and Trump and everyone in between them are basically identical.....so I guess it really is about the high-school level trolling and cruelty, isn't it...

"Chris Christie, the former New Jersey governor who has branded himself as the only Republican willing and able to take down former President Donald Trump, will enter the 2024 presidential race next week, according to reports. Christie joins a growing field of GOP presidential candidates, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, South Carolina congressman Rep. Tim Scott, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley and former Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson. Former Vice President Mike Pence is another strong contender but has not yet entered the race. And, of course, there's former president Trump.

The former New Jersey governor has sought to set himself apart from other candidates by taking Trump to task. He's criticized other Republican challengers for steering clear of any Trump flak - Christie backed Trump in 2016 and 2020, but reached his breaking point on election night in 2020 when the former president stood behind the presidential seal and falsely claimed the election was stolen."

I don't think Cristie had a shot of being the GOP nominee; let alone the president - but to give context....at this stage leading up to the 2016 election, Ben Carson was a front runner; so there is a long way to go and anything can happen....Ironically, Cristie was at his most popular when he was bullying teachers and trash talking reporters; but the minute Trump came along and showed himself willing to do that and more, Christie ended up just being his sidekick...and ultimately ended up being Trump's whipping boy....so no, I doubt he has serious chance.

but Cristie does remind me of something that I find funny with Republican voters...why do yall end up hating the same people you just cheered for to be president?
View attachment 790409

Before Trump sycophants, the closest thing I had seen to it was Bush sycophancy...especially during the early days of the Iraq war.....Right-wingers back then would call you a terrorist or a traitor if you ever spoke out against Bush or the Iraq invasion...now those same right-wingers pretend none of this ever happened...due to utter embarrassment...then...after Bush, it was McCain and Palin....and those same folks now dance on McCain's grave...and don't even get me started on Romney....so yes, it is definitely a cult of personality more so than it is policies when it comes to right-wingers...Since the policies between Bush and Trump and everyone in between them are basically identical.....so I guess it really is about the high-school level trolling and cruelty, isn't it...

The more people that join the race, the better the chances Trump gets the nomination

The best candidate to unseat Trump is Tim Scott...but Trump will preemptively ask Tim to be his VP candidate and Tim will accept because all Timmy wants is to be accepted and be called "one of the good ones"

I think a Trump/Scott ticket is Trump's best chance

It'll be Trump or Desantis. Either one will mulch Potato if there's no interference, the Dems would be better off running Kennedy

Forum List

Back