McCain Camp Wants to Postpone VP Debate

in due time little friends in due time, you will get your hate fest, just be patient.

Thank you. I was wondering if he was on some senate committee that had something to do with the economy and I couldn't think of one.

I agree, it's strictly politics. And that's kind of sad.

McCain sits on the Armed Services Committee, the Commerce, Science, Transportation Committee, and the Indian Affairs Committee.

All 3 have absolutely nothing to do with this financial matter.

Until a bill is on the floor for roll call, the guy's got no reason to suspend his campaign and avoid a debate. He has no business being there, other than to boost PR.

Neither does Obama. The campaign should continue on, because what is at stake is too great to be playing politics over it.

I love the partisan back and forths in this thread over it, though. Basically, the McCain supporters are in agreement because, well, they are McCain supporters.

I would expect to see the Obama supporters reacting the same way if the situation was reversed, and I would tell them the same thing.

These two have no business being in Washington getting in the way of the ones who are responsible for financial matters.

Oh, but of course you know now Obamalama is stamping his little wittle foot and saying "But but but I thought of it first."""

:lol::lol::lol:

boo fucking hooo, and now yer bitching cause McCain may play this to his advantage.. haa haa haaa!

You sound really bitter... I'm so sorry.

I wasn't the one whining though. You were.

I have no issues with McCain trying to play things to his advantage. But surely even you understand that Obama would laugh at him and not play into it, right?

Obama and McCain are two sitting U.S. Senators, Obama not McCain gave up their seats in the Senate to run for president, so it seems that John McCains move to go to this is doing his job as a Senator. The other thing that I find striking in this, after listening to the Obama press conference, what happened to the " I will reach across the Isle to get things done". It appears at least on the surface that Obama is putting his presidential ambitions before the needs of his country. John McCain though I will agree, other than floor debates, I really don't see him being able to do much, unless it's behind closed doors. However, the appearence of working on the issue is still an important one. Contrary to what some may believe , I have said over and OVER again, that this "BAILOUT" is a mistake, not only that its a huge mistake, and should NOT go forward as proposed. It's nothing but a great big *wink wink nod nod * to irresponsibility and passing the responsibility to the American taxpayer.

You sound really bitter... I'm so sorry.

I wasn't the one whining though. You were.

I have no issues with McCain trying to play things to his advantage. But surely even you understand that Obama would laugh at him and not play into it, right?

what I know is that Obama has had six months of opportunity to meet with McCain and bypassed every one. Now, everybody sit down and cry a river and call names, and be as vile as you can possibly be because this one debate has been delayed a bit.. about 6 more chickenshits outta do it.

McCain on the economy, 'the fundamentals are sound....' the man is a fool, I wonder why he did not select Romney, oh, sorry, I know because he is a Mormon. Republican party sign: Hillbillies, Rednecks and far right wingnut Christians only.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.

I hope you're being facetious. Somehow, I feel the people at Ole Miss can handle cancelling/postponing a debate expect to attract 2,000 people.

Now if one of the football games was cancelled...

No, I was not kidding when I said this, to be honest. When a community, in this case ... as you said "Ole Miss" .... advance preparations have to be made. That cost's money. And just as in government spending it trickles all the way down .... to small local merchants, hotel/motel owners, restrauants, etc. If for nothing more ..... to cover the hoard of 'news media' that would be on hand to cover it. The local people/businesses will feel the effect.

The fact that there would only be 2,000 people to attend is a drop in the bucket to the amount of people that are involved, overall.

Obama and McCain are two sitting U.S. Senators, Obama not McCain gave up their seats in the Senate to run for president, so it seems that John McCains move to go to this is doing his job as a Senator. The other thing that I find striking in this, after listening to the Obama press conference, what happened to the " I will reach across the Isle to get things done". It appears at least on the surface that Obama is putting his presidential ambitions before the needs of his country. John McCain though I will agree, other than floor debates, I really don't see him being able to do much, unless it's behind closed doors. However, the appearence of working on the issue is still an important one. Contrary to what some may believe , I have said over and OVER again, that this "BAILOUT" is a mistake, not only that its a huge mistake, and should NOT go forward as proposed. It's nothing but a great big *wink wink nod nod * to irresponsibility and passing the responsibility to the American taxpayer.

What job does McCain have to do? There's nothing being voted on. No bill is on the floor.

McCain is not a member of any financial committee, so what job exactly does he need to be there doing?

Man, and I was looking forward to The Daily Show and the Cobert Report after the debates! :mad:

Text in bold is why McCain is doing what he is doing. It's a political move and nothing more.

Your Quote

"It appears at least on the surface that Obama is putting his presidential ambitions before the needs of his country."

Navy this is one of the few times I totally disagree with you. Dont spin this on Obama, Mccain and all his experience should allow himself to handle this matter and be at the debate. This is a cop out and there could be several reasons for it but there is something fishy going on here and it has nothing to do with Obama.

What job does McCain have to do? There's nothing being voted on. No bill is on the floor.

McCain is not a member of any financial committee, so what job exactly does he need to be there doing?

As I said earlier Paul, He does not have much to do other than floor debates, thats if the bill comes to the floor. However, if it appears to people that he is there working on the issue in whatever way he can, it has the appearence of being proactive. As one of John McCains constituents I can tell you from my standpoint as someone who is going to have eat it in the tax department like everyone else in this country I would rather have him in Washington in ANY capacity , rather than doing photo-ops at joes coffee house in Anywhere,USA or talking about what bad guys Iran is in Mississippi on TV. Thats talking though as someone who is represented by John McCain.

Your Quote

"It appears at least on the surface that Obama is putting his presidential ambitions before the needs of his country."

Navy this is one of the few times I totally disagree with you. Dont spin this on Obama, Mccain and all his experience should allow himself to handle this matter and be at the debate. This is a cop out and there could be several reasons for it but there is something fishy going on here and it has nothing to do with Obama.

Experience with WHAT?

His experience is completely devoid of financial matters such as this.

Forum List

Back