Maybe God is...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Premise: God exists. But God isn't what we think of it as being but rather...Begin speculation.

- God isn't what our religions describe it being. It's something bigger, grander, vaster, and more mind-numbingly complicated. A being which can create worlds, and the whole of the universe isn't gonna pluck a hair over what an individual does. I'd think such a being will view life as a whole rather than as individuals like with sinners/not sinners. When we examine simple life like spores and fungus, we don't say 'that's a 'good spore' or that's a evil fungus. :) It's all just spores or fungus. So it likely would be with a God. Any 'god' who did feel certain ways about life differentiating between good or bad life would not then be anyone worth worshipping because it's biased and petty. You really think "God" cares more about religion x, y, or z than the rest of life?

- Maybe while God exists, it isn't sentient at all like we are. Maybe what we've taken to calling God is simply a force of nature naturally extant in this universe? Some kind of manifestation of life existing in the universe which results from the sum of all life everywhere. A kind of group-think manifestation. Quantum mechanics states we alter the physical reality of a particle simply by observing it. So what happens when many observe the same thing? What happens when an entire universe of living things observes the night sky? Do we all create stars and planets because we expect to see stars and planets up there?

It's a discussion site. Didn't have to regster to simply observe. :)
Your first paragraph is actually very Torah oriented as opposed to original.
Of course, if you actually took a basic 3 month Torah class you'd probably already know that.

The sad thing is that your complete lack of knowledge of your own heritage leads you to think that many of your ideas are novel.
They're not.

(shakes head sadly) Have talked with 11 and 13 year-olds here at the apartments who would absolutely humiliate you with their thoughts on this stuff. Maybe instead of chiming in on a thread confirming you're less intelligent than tweens, you should go find a site where you can impress people instead of embarass yoruself and your parents.
I highly doubt that if your ideas are at all the result of having discussions with these young people.

Have you studied Luzatto's The Way Of God? The Path Of The Just?
Have you studied Ethics Of The Father?
Have you studied Rashi's, Rambam's or Ranban's commentaries?

I believe you are sincere.

God was a middle school student who created the universe as a science fair project. It took third place and currently exists in a small box in her parents' attic.
In some ways this is correct.

Interesting. In what ways?

Take note that even amongst God's Chosen People, few have lived up Avraham, Yitzchak, Yaakov, Moshe, David, Solomon.
In many ways, Adam and Eve's failure (by dint of Free Will) signaled a significant degree of failure in God's intent.
The Mishnah and Talmud are the result of the input of very few individuals.

I have to work now.
Do not hesitate to comment or ask questions.

God was a middle school student who created the universe as a science fair project. It took third place and currently exists in a small box in her parents' attic.
In some ways this is correct.

Interesting. In what ways?

Take note that even amongst God's Chosen People, few have lived up Avraham, Yitzchak, Yaakov, Moshe, David, Solomon.
In many ways, Adam and Eve's failure (by dint of Free Will) signaled a significant degree of failure in God's intent.
The Mishnah and Talmud are the result of the input of very few individuals.

I have to work now.
Do not hesitate to comment or ask questions.

You presume an understanding of God's intent. Accepting the A&E story on its face, I would say it was quite successful. It got them out of their parent's basement and making their own way in the world. Nice little reverse psychology trick too, putting the tree of knowledge right in front of them and then telling them not to touch it. There's not a parent alive who couldn't predict the outcome of that.

I'm still not seeing the connection between my comment and this.

Premise: God exists. But God isn't what we think of it as being but rather...Begin speculation.

- God isn't what our religions describe it being. It's something bigger, grander, vaster, and more mind-numbingly complicated. A being which can create worlds, and the whole of the universe isn't gonna pluck a hair over what an individual does. I'd think such a being will view life as a whole rather than as individuals like with sinners/not sinners. When we examine simple life like spores and fungus, we don't say 'that's a 'good spore' or that's a evil fungus. :) It's all just spores or fungus. So it likely would be with a God. Any 'god' who did feel certain ways about life differentiating between good or bad life would not then be anyone worth worshipping because it's biased and petty. You really think "God" cares more about religion x, y, or z than the rest of life?

- Maybe while God exists, it isn't sentient at all like we are. Maybe what we've taken to calling God is simply a force of nature naturally extant in this universe? Some kind of manifestation of life existing in the universe which results from the sum of all life everywhere. A kind of group-think manifestation. Quantum mechanics states we alter the physical reality of a particle simply by observing it. So what happens when many observe the same thing? What happens when an entire universe of living things observes the night sky? Do we all create stars and planets because we expect to see stars and planets up there?

I don't get involved in religion. Sorry.

Too late...

If you don't get involved, why the hell did you post to a thread about it? Just like hearing yourself type?

Honestly, people on this site are starting to annoy me. If you can't participate in a mature discussion (and little kids can) then I'm not sure why you're here in the first place. Are you desparate for attention you'll make yourself look like a fool just for some feedback? Any feedback, even negative feedback? That's pathetic.

Too late...

If you don't get involved, why the hell did you post to a thread about it? Just like hearing yourself type?

Honestly, people on this site are starting to annoy me. If you can't participate in a mature discussion (and little kids can) then I'm not sure why you're here in the first place. Are you desparate for attention you'll make yourself look like a fool just for some feedback? Any feedback, even negative feedback? That's pathetic.

There's no need to be a dick.

Maybe. But it's a problem on this site others dont' suffer from because they're more strictly moderated. Crappy replies wouldn't be permitted. If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything. Not that complicated.

Wasn't just you personally Darlene. I see it in every thread I look at. Some dingus chimes in with nothing of value amounting to "nuh-uh" and it ruins otherwise good threads.

Maybe. But it's a problem on this site others dont' suffer from because they're more strictly moderated. Crappy replies wouldn't be permitted. If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything. Not that complicated.

Wasn't just you personally Darlene. I see it in every thread I look at. Some dingus chimes in with nothing of value amounting to "nuh-uh" and it ruins otherwise good threads.

Nuh-uh. :dance:

Forum List

Back