Married... and flirting on line... is it OK?

No matter what you say, if you have a sexy pic, either as an avatar or in a gallery, you are looking for attention.....
no exceptions.

Several women on this board (one is gone) consistently did the sexy pic thing. The one who is gone would say things like...."I do the sexy pics for myself because I like pretty pictures." :)

Ah...okay. :D

Of course there is nothing wrong with it but the motivations for doing so are interesting. I think the woman who is gone used the pics to either elicit a reaction from both men or women, garner attention, or to control people in a weird way.

She wanted to be the head mean girl...the top bitch at USMB. I think she saw the sexy avatars as a way to accomplish her goal. It was very manipulative and a little bit sad imho. I think the real people behind the fake pictures are probably a lot more interesting than the image they were trying to project.

I think she has a very sexy nature and was just having fun with her avi's, just as I and not unlike others who post avis they like and relate to for various reasons. I knew her well and she really does have a very sexy nature. Most avatars make a statement. They are an extension of the poster. It's not like it's a big deal. If you think it is because it's an attention-grabber, one could say some people seek attention by posting many OPs? I don't get what is wrong with attention regardless of it's form. In one way or another we all benefit. from one-another because of our variety.
Nothing wrong with it.. but nonetheless, showing off the nearly naked form of a female as an avatar is going to be seen as a flirtation by men who have over active imaginations. Now if a guy does it... it just means I like this pic. Just sayin.

If a guy does it, I see that as sexualizing a woman. If a woman does it I see her expressing her essence. And I love her essence. We used to have quite a few expressing their essence and I never saw it as for attention.

But then "we don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

Until a few weeks ago, I expressed my essence in my gallery, then I removed my gallery. :)
as for the double standard... lol...
As for the removal of the gallery, all frowns here, but I understand, I had to kill off my gallery too. To many stalkers.

No matter what you say, if you have a sexy pic, either as an avatar or in a gallery, you are looking for attention.....
no exceptions.

There are always exceptions. :eusa_think:

no, really there are not.
I have considered it. but then said, no, why would you do that? for attention? so you will get PM's from guys? I mean, what is really the point? So, my answer was -- none other than self glorification. So Harley Quinn is my avatar and not personal pics in the gallery!

... or not?

Harmless? or dangerous?

what do you PERSONALLY think? This is not a "right or wrong" answer.
Personal opinions only.... along with any reasoning ... thanks! :)

Oh, a little flirting keeps that spouse on his or her toes!!!

Married women flirt with me - alot - and I give them a nice smile and play dumb, well, most of the time.

:D

I know honey you are so sweet :)

no exceptions.

Several women on this board (one is gone) consistently did the sexy pic thing. The one who is gone would say things like...."I do the sexy pics for myself because I like pretty pictures." :)

Of course there is nothing wrong with it but the motivations for doing so are interesting. I think the woman who is gone used the pics to either elicit a reaction from both men or women, garner attention, or to control people in a weird way.

She wanted to be the head mean girl...the top bitch at USMB. I think she saw the sexy avatars as a way to accomplish her goal. It was very manipulative and a little bit sad imho. I think the real people behind the fake pictures are probably a lot more interesting than the image they were trying to project.

I think she has a very sexy nature and was just having fun with her avi's, just as I and not unlike others who post avis they like and relate to for various reasons. I knew her well and she really does have a very sexy nature. Most avatars make a statement. They are an extension of the poster. It's not like it's a big deal. If you think it is because it's an attention-grabber, one could say some people seek attention by posting many OPs? I don't get what is wrong with attention regardless of it's form. In one way or another we all benefit. from one-another because of our variety.
Nothing wrong with it.. but nonetheless, showing off the nearly naked form of a female as an avatar is going to be seen as a flirtation by men who have over active imaginations. Now if a guy does it... it just means I like this pic. Just sayin.

If a guy does it, I see that as sexualizing a woman. If a woman does it I see her expressing her essence. And I love her essence. We used to have quite a few expressing their essence and I never saw it as for attention.

Until a few weeks ago, I expressed my essence in my gallery, then I removed my gallery. :)

I don't see many guys on here with Avatars of Brad Bitt or Chippendales... just sayin'....

The woman I was referencing admitted to me she did the sexy pic thing to manipulate others. For her, it was a litmus test, and she used it as a tool against both men and women.

I
no exceptions.

I don't see many guys on here with Avatars of Brad Bitt or Chippendales... just sayin'....

I'm considering this as my new avatar. Whayda think? :D

6a0e0fb63f3b8c1a384f404480a426aa.jpg

The woman I was referencing admitted to me she did the sexy pic thing to manipulate others. For her, it was a litmus test, and she used it as a tool against both men and women.

I

images

I

If I did it, it would be for pure self gratification and amusement!

Come visit me boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I

images

what is that thing in her mouth... I don't even know!

I

images

it's just a popsicle... I love it when women lick lolipops, don't know why.. but it's just fascinating to watch.

I

images

it's just a popsicle... I love it when women lick lolipops, don't know why.. but it's just fascinating to watch.

that's hot. It really is and you know why you think it's fascinating.. don't play dumb :)

I

images

Oh woops! got it wrong.. here you go:

images

I

images

that's hot. It really is and you know why you think it's fascinating.. don't play dumb :)

Ok THAT'S HOT... I knew this girl in High School that looked just like her. She always wore these button up shirts that would give a great side view. She'd be going after lollipops in class while forcing open her shirt for a good view. Course I figure she did it so she could get a look at my snake going half way down my skin tight corduroy pants.

I

images

Oh woops! got it wrong.. here you go:

images
No that's not it.. I mean like this... :

cea04dbf2c21d0ec37a8c9b69044c6e3.gif

I

images

Ok THAT'S HOT... I knew this girl in High School that looked just like her. She always wore these button up shirts that would give a great side view. She'd be going after lollipops in class while forcing open her shirt for a good view. Course I figure she did it so she could get a look at my snake going half way down my skin tight corduroy pants.

... that's not flirting.. that is just downright graphic :)

no exceptions.

When I first got to this site I was immediately struck by how many (apparent) males ran female avatars. That struck me kinda weird. A couple of posters ---- I still can't tell. :dunno:

I find it interesting that Athena said what she did considering in the past at least she uses endearments with men calling them honey and sweetie and giving the wink faces etc. I am sure she does get emails for offers but she invites them. As for my avatar...there is controversy but I am not hiding behind a picture from photo bucket. I do not get email offers and the like. I get people asking if that is really me. My husband has no issue with the picture. I do not use endearments or kissy icons to other men. The only people so far that have had controversy with it are pious women who condemn me and everyone else to hell yet cannot see the forest for the trees (which is exactly why I have the picture...to weed out the judges and see who actually reads what I say). I am not on here to steal anyone's man, I have one of my own. Addressing someone you are speaking to directly as cute or sexy etc is out of bounds for me. Stating that SOMETHING is cute is not the same. There may be times when a celebrity is referred to that way but that is not addressing them in a personal conversation. Most people know that the avatars others use are not themselves, some are. To associate that person as that picture is deceptive. Many are chosen for just that reason. For myself, I found that when I had a picture of a dove up my posts got passed over, now they don't and people find when they read what I say it wasn't what they expected.

As for flirting...it all depends on your security and if what you say to someone else is what you would say in front of their spouse or yours or if you would feel comfortable saying in front of your children.

I

Anything would be an improvement. Actually you should go back to that first one, the kid in pajamas drinking coffee. A self-portrait I presume.

Forum List

Back