Mark Halprin Calls Obama A Dick On Air

Friggin Nazis at NBC. The one time on their Network someone tells the truth and they suspend them. BOO NBC!!!

well, I turned this around, I said to myself if he had called say; Bush a dick, or Romney etc. I would have expected him to be suspended etc. Its crude and vulgar. And it was stupid. Hes an author and journalist, he has a wider more in depth vocabulary than that I am sure.

Plus, though I don't like Obama, he IS the President and I expect some respect for the office if not for the man and he IS the office so to speak.

I guess that makes me old fashioned.*shrugs*.

this was posted at 130 as well, saw that thread first, I'll just say same here;

well, I turned this around, I said to myself if he had called say; Bush a dick, or Romney etc. I would have expected him to be suspended etc. Its crude and vulgar. And it was stupid. Hes an author and journalist, he has a wider more in depth vocabulary than that I am sure.

Plus, though I don't like Obama, he IS the President and I expect some respect for the office if not for the man and he IS the office so to speak.

1. (NEW YORK) -- MSNBC has suspended Mark Halperin from his role as a political analyst for the network after the Time magazine editor referred to President Obama as “kind of a d--k” Thursday on live television.

Discussing the president’s testy Wednesday morning White House press conference and Obama's approach to the deadlocked bipartisan talks on deficit reduction, Halperin asked Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski whether the show was being broadcast on delay.

“Do we have the seven-second delay today?” Halperin asked, referring to the technique employed by many live broadcasts that allows control room operators to censor material before it goes to air. “I want to characterize how I thought the president behaved.”

Then, assured by each of the show’s hosts and control room that yes in fact, the show was being broadcast on delay, Halperin said of the president, “I thought he was kind of a d--k yesterday.”
KBOI News/Talk 670 - Boise, Idaho

2. One should be very clear as to on which side of the political divide Halperin resides...

"In October 2004 the Drudge Report published a memo Halperin sent to ABC News staff about coverage of the U.S. presidential election directing them not to "reflexively and artificially hold both sides 'equally' accountable" and that both John Kerry and George W. Bush used "distortion" in their campaign, but that Kerry's distortions were not "central to his efforts to win."[3] Halperin was criticized by conservatives who used the memo to reinforce long-standing complaints of media bias.
Mark Halperin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. “Something that the president said this week struck me … he said it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter as it was in 2008. … I think he’s right. I think it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter now. How do you get cool back into this?”
Crowley pointed out that support for the president among independents has declined from 52 percent in the 2008 election to 42 percent today, and that even among staunch liberals, 89 percent of whom voted for Obama in 2008, support has dipped to 64 percent.
Mona Charen: Smear reveals desperation - Spokesman.com - June 21, 2011

4. This week's Gallup and WSJ/NBC presidential polls may hearten Republicans, but not any particular GOP contender. These early campaign heat-checks show Barack Obama losing by five points to a generic Republican candidate but still outpacing any of the already-announced candidates by a comfortable margin. The likely meaning, as The Hill wrote today, suggests, again, that Obama is vulnerable due the jobless economic recovery and Republicans are hobbled by a lack of a enthusiasm for the current crop of contenders.
Generic Republican Beats Obama; Named Candidates Still Lose - Yahoo! News

5. From '08...
Sen. Barack Obama has a sizable lead over Sen. John McCain, polls show, but those numbers could be deceiving if the "Bradley effect" comes into play.

The Bradley effect is named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, an African-American who ran for California governor in 1982.

Exit polls showed Bradley leading by a wide margin, and the Democrat thought it would be an early election night.

But Bradley and the polls were wrong. He lost to Republican George Deukmejian.
Will Obama suffer from the 'Bradley effect'? - CNN

The hand-writing is on the wall....Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin
...couldn't be clearer.

Would a video of me calling him a dick help?

Happy to provide

Whose Mark Halprin?

here...
Mark E. Halperin (born January 11, 1965, in Bethesda, Maryland) is the senior political analyst for Time magazine, Time.com, and MSNBC and serves as a board member on the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College. He is the co-author (with John Heilemann) of Game Change. wiki

I read Game Change it was, okay, long on Obama worship but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be......

Interesting how you want to ignore who controlled the HoR prior to January of this year... I guess jobs bills were unimportant way back then...

That's the kind of bullshit thing that Richard 0bama want's you to keep peddling... Thankfully, he has you loyalists to fluff him up...
you know, that might actually be a compelling argument if, in fact, the repubs didn't filibuster pretty much every bill the dems brought to the floor. but that's the kind of thing that the right likes to forget.

*sigh* you do know what a supra majority is? and a reconciliation majority is?

and, for the record, i'm far from a "loyalist",

:lol:

How exactly should *he* work on the debt. That is congress' job, is it not?

The only 'work' the GOP Congress has done is to state simply and unequivocally that they will not compromise.

That makes it perfectly appropriate for the president, for his part, to do what he did yesterday,

smack them around.

why don't the dems compromise? :eusa_eh:

He's still a Dick. :rolleyes:

don't be glib dude....

As soon as they regain power. But, as we all know obiedick holds the veto pen.

You think Obama will veto extending the debt ceiling?

He once voted AGAINST raising the debt ceiling. He also stated "Raising the debt ceiling is a sign of failed leadership." So,, where does that leave him?

Oh, he was talking about Bush's failed leadership so he was right. It turned out to be only one sign though unfortunately.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xedaZRoh8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪scott he's a dick‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back