Mark Halprin Calls Obama A Dick On Air

How exactly should *he* work on the debt. That is congress' job, is it not?

The only 'work' the GOP Congress has done is to state simply and unequivocally that they will not compromise.

That makes it perfectly appropriate for the president, for his part, to do what he did yesterday,

smack them around.

1. (NEW YORK) -- MSNBC has suspended Mark Halperin from his role as a political analyst for the network after the Time magazine editor referred to President Obama as “kind of a d--k” Thursday on live television.

Discussing the president’s testy Wednesday morning White House press conference and Obama's approach to the deadlocked bipartisan talks on deficit reduction, Halperin asked Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski whether the show was being broadcast on delay.

“Do we have the seven-second delay today?” Halperin asked, referring to the technique employed by many live broadcasts that allows control room operators to censor material before it goes to air. “I want to characterize how I thought the president behaved.”

Then, assured by each of the show’s hosts and control room that yes in fact, the show was being broadcast on delay, Halperin said of the president, “I thought he was kind of a d--k yesterday.”
KBOI News/Talk 670 - Boise, Idaho

2. One should be very clear as to on which side of the political divide Halperin resides...

"In October 2004 the Drudge Report published a memo Halperin sent to ABC News staff about coverage of the U.S. presidential election directing them not to "reflexively and artificially hold both sides 'equally' accountable" and that both John Kerry and George W. Bush used "distortion" in their campaign, but that Kerry's distortions were not "central to his efforts to win."[3] Halperin was criticized by conservatives who used the memo to reinforce long-standing complaints of media bias.
Mark Halperin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. “Something that the president said this week struck me … he said it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter as it was in 2008. … I think he’s right. I think it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter now. How do you get cool back into this?”
Crowley pointed out that support for the president among independents has declined from 52 percent in the 2008 election to 42 percent today, and that even among staunch liberals, 89 percent of whom voted for Obama in 2008, support has dipped to 64 percent.
Mona Charen: Smear reveals desperation - Spokesman.com - June 21, 2011

4. This week's Gallup and WSJ/NBC presidential polls may hearten Republicans, but not any particular GOP contender. These early campaign heat-checks show Barack Obama losing by five points to a generic Republican candidate but still outpacing any of the already-announced candidates by a comfortable margin. The likely meaning, as The Hill wrote today, suggests, again, that Obama is vulnerable due the jobless economic recovery and Republicans are hobbled by a lack of a enthusiasm for the current crop of contenders.
Generic Republican Beats Obama; Named Candidates Still Lose - Yahoo! News

5. From '08...
Sen. Barack Obama has a sizable lead over Sen. John McCain, polls show, but those numbers could be deceiving if the "Bradley effect" comes into play.

The Bradley effect is named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, an African-American who ran for California governor in 1982.

Exit polls showed Bradley leading by a wide margin, and the Democrat thought it would be an early election night.

But Bradley and the polls were wrong. He lost to Republican George Deukmejian.
Will Obama suffer from the 'Bradley effect'? - CNN

The hand-writing is on the wall....Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin
...couldn't be clearer.

I'm wondering if anyone really thinks the American people are not listening and watching what is being or not being said by the Administration. There are consequences to the rhetoric being used.

Speaking as one who supported Obama in '08 and has been disappointed, I must add that my disappointment was based on not speaking out as he did yesterday. If one looks at polls with an open mind, one might see the disappointment I feel reflected in opinons of others who supported him in '08. I suspect those numbers will change if the President continues to use firm language and to point out what has been obvious from the start.

Since the day President Obama was nominated the hue and cry from a loose coalition who did not support him has not stopped. Every effort to govern has been opposed by the forces of No in the Republican Party, the idiot fringe of that party has attacked him personally and the conservative voices in the media have used the tools of demagogues to defame Obama with half-truths, lies and inuenndos.

People are listening, the polls reflect the fear of a second recession, a double dip, or worse. Men and women across America need jobs yet not one job bill has been debated in the House of Representatives. The vast numbers of the unemployed know this, and they know who controls the House. With callous disregard the Republican Party has focused on saving the very wealthy from taxaton and the people know that brother Koch spent $3.4 million on one photograph this week. Such a purchase does not get by the men and women who are worried about feeding their kids.

1. (NEW YORK) -- MSNBC has suspended Mark Halperin from his role as a political analyst for the network after the Time magazine editor referred to President Obama as “kind of a d--k” Thursday on live television.

Discussing the president’s testy Wednesday morning White House press conference and Obama's approach to the deadlocked bipartisan talks on deficit reduction, Halperin asked Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski whether the show was being broadcast on delay.

“Do we have the seven-second delay today?” Halperin asked, referring to the technique employed by many live broadcasts that allows control room operators to censor material before it goes to air. “I want to characterize how I thought the president behaved.”

Then, assured by each of the show’s hosts and control room that yes in fact, the show was being broadcast on delay, Halperin said of the president, “I thought he was kind of a d--k yesterday.”

2. One should be very clear as to on which side of the political divide Halperin resides...

"In October 2004 the Drudge Report published a memo Halperin sent to ABC News staff about coverage of the U.S. presidential election directing them not to "reflexively and artificially hold both sides 'equally' accountable" and that both John Kerry and George W. Bush used "distortion" in their campaign, but that Kerry's distortions were not "central to his efforts to win."[3] Halperin was criticized by conservatives who used the memo to reinforce long-standing complaints of media bias.

3. “Something that the president said this week struck me … he said it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter as it was in 2008. … I think he’s right. I think it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter now. How do you get cool back into this?”
Crowley pointed out that support for the president among independents has declined from 52 percent in the 2008 election to 42 percent today, and that even among staunch liberals, 89 percent of whom voted for Obama in 2008, support has dipped to 64 percent.

4. This week's Gallup and WSJ/NBC presidential polls may hearten Republicans, but not any particular GOP contender. These early campaign heat-checks show Barack Obama losing by five points to a generic Republican candidate but still outpacing any of the already-announced candidates by a comfortable margin. The likely meaning, as The Hill wrote today, suggests, again, that Obama is vulnerable due the jobless economic recovery and Republicans are hobbled by a lack of a enthusiasm for the current crop of contenders.

5. From '08...
Sen. Barack Obama has a sizable lead over Sen. John McCain, polls show, but those numbers could be deceiving if the "Bradley effect" comes into play.

The Bradley effect is named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, an African-American who ran for California governor in 1982.

Exit polls showed Bradley leading by a wide margin, and the Democrat thought it would be an early election night.

...couldn't be clearer.

Halperin is the dick and he is definately a conservative Repub.

Halperin is just one more of tedious nothing-to-contribute regulars that Scarborough insists on putting on his show time after time. It's inexplicable.

5. From '08...

...couldn't be clearer.

Halperin is the dick and he is definately a conservative Repub.

Halperin is just one more of tedious nothing-to-contribute regulars that Scarborough insists on putting on his show time after time. It's inexplicable.

I saw this happen this morning. Mika and everyone were laughing their silly asses off. I've grown tired of Scarborough, I don't even know why I had it on.

Speaking as one who supported Obama in '08 and has been disappointed, I must add that my disappointment was based on not speaking out as he did yesterday. If one looks at polls with an open mind, one might see the disappointment I feel reflected in opinons of others who supported him in '08. I suspect those numbers will change if the President continues to use firm language and to point out what has been obvious from the start.

Since the day President Obama was nominated the hue and cry from a loose coalition who did not support him has not stopped. Every effort to govern has been opposed by the forces of No in the Republican Party, the idiot fringe of that party has attacked him personally and the conservative voices in the media have used the tools of demagogues to defame Obama with half-truths, lies and inuenndos.

People are listening, the polls reflect the fear of a second recession, a double dip, or worse. Men and women across America need jobs yet not one job bill has been debated in the House of Representatives. The vast numbers of the unemployed know this, and they know who controls the House. With callous disregard the Republican Party has focused on saving the very wealthy from taxaton and the people know that brother Koch spent $3.4 million on one photograph this week. Such a purchase does not get by the men and women who are worried about feeding their kids.

Interesting how you want to ignore who controlled the HoR prior to January of this year... I guess jobs bills were unimportant way back then...

That's the kind of bullshit thing that Richard 0bama want's you to keep peddling... Thankfully, he has you loyalists to fluff him up...

Here's what I don't get about this flap. Halperin specifically asked Scarborough if the seven-second delay was working and Joe assured him it was and then urged him to go ahead with whatever he wanted to say (later claiming he had only been joking with him). So, Halperin lets loose with his dick comment about Barry, and the rest is now history. But what was he thinking in the first place? Why, once he thought the delay was working and his words wouldn't be aired, would he say what he said. Had the delay worked only the folks in the studio and the control booth would have heard him. But the same would have been true had he waited until they went to a commercial break, those same folks would have been the only ones to hear him.

Was it just that he wanted the viewers to know he'd had unkind words to say about how Barry came across at his news conference? Oh, goodness, he said something that had to be beeped! If it's not something like that, I don't get the whole episode.

Interesting how you want to ignore who controlled the HoR prior to January of this year... I guess jobs bills were unimportant way back then...

That's the kind of bullshit thing that Richard 0bama want's you to keep peddling... Thankfully, he has you loyalists to fluff him up...

you know, that might actually be a compelling argument if, in fact, the repubs didn't filibuster pretty much every bill the dems brought to the floor. but that's the kind of thing that the right likes to forget.

and the president's name is barak. :)

just helping.

and, for the record, i'm far from a "loyalist", it's just you guys have zip, zero, nada to offer and i'm bored of obama derangement syndrome

How exactly should *he* work on the debt. That is congress' job, is it not?

Number one: Produce a realistic budget proposal

Number two: Quit demonizing the GOP in public

Number three: Stop lecturing everyone. Offer constructive ideas, not criticisms.

Number four: Take workable solutions to the American people, not smart-assed counterproductive finger-pointing misrepresentations of the condition of the economy

Last edited:
Wow, you guys hate the black guy. He doesn't eat babies. He didn't lie us into a war. He didn't let Bin Laden go. He's tried to get health care for millions of Americans.

But man, the hate is thick. It's dark. It's black.

you know, that might actually be a compelling argument if, in fact, the repubs didn't filibuster pretty much every bill the dems brought to the floor. but that's the kind of thing that the right likes to forget.
They didn't filibuster pretty much everything... Democratics had the rule of the roost and didn't need the squishy republicans...

Facts, ma'am, just the facts...

just helping.

Typo.... My bad....lol

and, for the record, i'm far from a "loyalist", it's just you guys have zip, zero, nada to offer and i'm bored of obama derangement syndrome
Anyone who thinks 0bama is doing a good job is pretty much a loyalist... And the minority party's plans were disregarded outright... Hell, not even allowed on committees...

Even the DNC chair says they own the economy...

Sorry, reality can be a bitter pill to swallow sometimes...

Last edited:
the left will never admit that Obama hasn't done shit since being in office. but he does go on vacation quite often while at the same time blames the GOP for being too lazy to pass anything. does this mean that Paul Ryan spends too much time in the Bahamas?

Wow, you guys hate the black guy. He doesn't eat babies. He didn't lie us into a war. He didn't let Bin Laden go. He's tried to get health care for millions of Americans.

You racist fuckers crack me up sometimes....:lol:

As your aim, deanie, is to pretend that the man's color is the problem, the following may prove too nuanced for you....

Today’s Questions for the President

May 11, 2011 11:08 A.M.

By Peter Kirsanow

In 2009, you sold the $800 billion stimulus bill, in part, on the promise that the funds would be directed toward “shovel-ready projects” that would create jobs. But a few months ago, you conceded that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” in public works. Given that the border fence is an authorized public-works project already under construction, isn’t it, in fact, a “shovel-ready project” that could have benefited from stimulus funds? Were any of the stimulus funds (in addition to any funds already appropriated) dedicated to expediting the construction of the fence? If not, is it because Republicans insisted that a portion of the funds be used for the creation of a moat with alligators?

You extended deserved praise and congratulations to the SEAL team that killed Osama bin Laden. You did not, however, extend praise and congratulations last year to the SEAL team that captured Ahmed Abed — the most wanted al-Qaeda terrorist in Iraq — responsible for killing and mutilating a number of Americans. Instead, three members of that SEAL team — Officer Second Class Matt McCabe and Petty Officers Julio Huertas and Jonathan Keefe — were tried because Abed claimed he’d been slapped by one of the operators. All three SEALs were acquitted.

Will you now praise and congratulate McCabe, Huertas, and Keefe for capturing Abed? If not, why not?

Monday’s bonus questions: Similarly, you’ve justifiably praised the work done by intelligence officers leading to the termination of bin Laden. Even members of your own administration concede that some of the information leading to bin Laden resulted from the work of intelligence officers using EITs on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other high-value detainees. Yet, as Mona Charen notes, your administration isn’t praising these officers. Rather, Eric Holder is investigating them with an eye toward possible prosecution — even though their actions were assessed lawful at the time.

Do you agree with your attorney general’s decision? If so, aren’t you concerned that his actions might sow confusion and chill the resolve of intelligence officers pursuing leads today? Isn’t that risk important enough to at least get an explanation from Mr. Holder as to why dedicated intelligence officers – whose work, in part, led to the termination of the world’s most wanted terrorist — should be in continuing legal jeopardy for actions they’d been assured were not only lawful, but necessary to national security

Your nominee to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Berkeley law professor Gordon Liu, wrote that “the use of foreign authority in American constitutional law is a judicial practice that has been very controversial in recent years. The U.S. Supreme Court has cited foreign authority in cases limiting the death penalty and invalidating criminal laws against homosexual sodomy, among others. The resistance to this practice is difficult for me to grasp, since the United States can hardly claim to have a monopoly on wise solutions to common legal problems faced by constitutional democracies around the world.” A cloture motion on Professor Liu’s nomination failed in the Senate last week.

Do you find the use of foreign authority in American constitutional law controversial? Do you find resistance to the use of foreign authority difficult to grasp? Do you favor the use of foreign authority to forge “solutions to common legal problems?” If so, are there any legal problems for which you’d never resort to foreign authority? If so, which problems and why?

Is it your belief that 200 years of American constitutional jurisprudence provides insufficient, incomplete, or inferior guidance to our judiciary? Or is it that American authority fails to provide the guidance some prefer?

Bonus question: Professor Liu also has criticized Supreme Court cases that prohibit the use of state-sponsored racial preferences and other forms of racial engineering to redress general societal discrimination. Do you concur with Professor Liu’s criticism?

(pssst! deanie.....Peter Kirsanow is black...)

Speechless, eh, deanie?

Come on,you gotta admit this shit is deliciously hilarious. His own classless Butt-Sniffers over at NBC calling him a Dick? FUCKIN PRICELESS!! lol! :)

When ya gots nutting slap da race card down. That'll show em.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

just helping.

Funny how the dems had the votes to end every filibuster if they wanted to. Explain again why Obama has never signed a comprehensive Budget yet almost 3 years into his presidency? 2 Years of which the Dems controlled everything?

That's Mark Halprin's A$$...msnbc has suspended him INDEFINITELY.

Forum List

Back