Mark Halprin Calls Obama A Dick On Air

Discussion in 'Media' started by PoliticalChic, Jun 30, 2011.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,815
    1. (NEW YORK) -- MSNBC has suspended Mark Halperin from his role as a political analyst for the network after the Time magazine editor referred to President Obama as “kind of a d--k” Thursday on live television.

Discussing the president’s testy Wednesday morning White House press conference and Obama's approach to the deadlocked bipartisan talks on deficit reduction, Halperin asked Morning Joe hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski whether the show was being broadcast on delay.

“Do we have the seven-second delay today?” Halperin asked, referring to the technique employed by many live broadcasts that allows control room operators to censor material before it goes to air. “I want to characterize how I thought the president behaved.”

Then, assured by each of the show’s hosts and control room that yes in fact, the show was being broadcast on delay, Halperin said of the president, “I thought he was kind of a d--k yesterday.”
    KBOI News/Talk 670 - Boise, Idaho

2. One should be very clear as to on which side of the political divide Halperin resides...

"In October 2004 the Drudge Report published a memo Halperin sent to ABC News staff about coverage of the U.S. presidential election directing them not to "reflexively and artificially hold both sides 'equally' accountable" and that both John Kerry and George W. Bush used "distortion" in their campaign, but that Kerry's distortions were not "central to his efforts to win."[3] Halperin was criticized by conservatives who used the memo to reinforce long-standing complaints of media bias.
    Mark Halperin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. “Something that the president said this week struck me … he said it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter as it was in 2008. … I think he’s right. I think it’s not as cool to be an Obama supporter now. How do you get cool back into this?”
    Crowley pointed out that support for the president among independents has declined from 52 percent in the 2008 election to 42 percent today, and that even among staunch liberals, 89 percent of whom voted for Obama in 2008, support has dipped to 64 percent.
    Mona Charen: Smear reveals desperation - Spokesman.com - June 21, 2011

4. This week's Gallup and WSJ/NBC presidential polls may hearten Republicans, but not any particular GOP contender. These early campaign heat-checks show Barack Obama losing by five points to a generic Republican candidate but still outpacing any of the already-announced candidates by a comfortable margin. The likely meaning, as The Hill wrote today, suggests, again, that Obama is vulnerable due the jobless economic recovery and Republicans are hobbled by a lack of a enthusiasm for the current crop of contenders.
    Generic Republican Beats Obama; Named Candidates Still Lose - Yahoo! News

5. From '08...
    Sen. Barack Obama has a sizable lead over Sen. John McCain, polls show, but those numbers could be deceiving if the "Bradley effect" comes into play.

The Bradley effect is named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, an African-American who ran for California governor in 1982.

Exit polls showed Bradley leading by a wide margin, and the Democrat thought it would be an early election night.

But Bradley and the polls were wrong. He lost to Republican George Deukmejian.
    Will Obama suffer from the 'Bradley effect'? - CNN

The hand-writing is on the wall....Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin
    ...couldn't be clearer.

2. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,139
    Obama is beginning to piss a lot of the media off.

Yesterday on MSNBC former Time mag journalist called Obama "a bit of a Dick"

This was in response to his audacious 45 min speech chewing out Congress for not doing what he should be doing.......working on the debt.

3. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I'm wondering if anyone really thinks the American people are not listening and watching what is being or not being said by the Administration. There are consequences to the rhetoric being used.

4. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    How exactly should *he* work on the debt. That is congress' job, is it not?

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Well Obama is a dick, but a smart one. and not wrong on that issue either.

6. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I was hoping Comcast buying NBC would mean changes. NBC has lost so much credibilty in recent years. Their extremist Democrat Boot-Licking has gotten to be sickening. That "Thrill up my Leg" dude and that heinous Maddcow chick are incredibly annoying. They have their noses jammed so far up Democrat buttholes. Halperin is another well known Democratic hack,so this thing is pretty funny. I really do hope Comcast makes some big changes at NBC though. Maybe one day they will be watchable again? I guess we'll see.

7. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    It's called "leadership".

8. 1751Texan

1751Texan US Constitution first...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just like the President...getting all up in congress' face...poppin' off.

9. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    They're both Dicks. Halperin is a well known Democrat Butt-Sniffer. So lets just say they're both Dicks and call it a day.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,639
    Well for one he can stop spending money out his asshole. Our money. Thanks for asking.