Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
Do you realize all the inane laws you could justify with such an argument?[/QUOTE]

I believe that they do and the idea makes them drool.

I've been around pot heads and their devastated families for over 30 years. It's a mercy when they finally stroke out. As long as they haven't taken too many with them when they go. There are two pot shops a block from here. I love it when one of them wanders onto Wilshire and gets creamed. Let someone else call 911.

My family is not devastated by marijuana.

My family was devastated by the diagnosis of breast cancer that I received a few years ago. My daughter was so devastated her skin turned so white that below her eyes were all black. She could barely breathe. She had gone through my dad who had liver cancer and knew that it kills. My daughter was 12 years old when I had to tell her I had cancer. If you've ever had to look into the eyes of your child and tell them you have cancer you would know how stupid your post is about marijuana.

Marijuana is making it possible for my child to still have her mother. If it were up to you my daughter wouldn't have her mother anymore.

People like you make me so disgusted.
People like you, Dana7360, are the people the government should focus on. Not the abusers that so many call pot heads because people will abuse anything no matter what time or century we are in. I've read about all types of disease marijuana treats and how it saves lives, but it still is a struggle for some patients to get a safe legal prescription in the state they live. I live in North Carolina and it is still considered illegal but there is a law on the November ballot to support it in hopes of legalization STRICTLY for medical purposes. My role in this is that I'm trying to spread the word by displaying marijuana in its medical form so people can better understand what it is and HOW it saves lives. Maybe more people would understand what good it gives instead of the bad name it has already.

Thank you DLucia.

I'm lucky. I live in Washington state where we legalized medical marijuana in the 1998 election. Then we legalized it for all adults in the 2012 election.

I can just go up the street from my home and buy my medicine. It's close and easy to obtain.

I was unlucky enough to have been diagnosed with a very deadly form of breast cancer. Carcinoma that was 100% receptive to my own body hormones. Which means that my own body hormones was it's food to grow. Millions of women died from it because our own body chemistry is it's food. It was found, the women had it removed but it came back and killed them. Which is exactly what happened to 4 of my relatives before me.

I'm very lucky in that we now have a way to block those hormones so that the cancer won't return and kill. Studies are now finding that women like me can never go off that medication. It will return and kill me if I don't take that medication. I'm like many women who have the side effect that it causes a weak stomach and most food makes me sick. Without the medical marijuana almost nothing would stay in me. So instead of being a size 1 as I am now, I would now be totally emaciated or dead. There's another drug that blocks the hormones but it causes heart fibulations. I have a deadly allergy to mold and bees. Both will cause antifilaxis. Which kills without an epipen. My throat closes, my lungs collapse and my heart goes very fast. Without that epipen when it stops going very fast it stops completely and I die. So if I took that other medication I could die from heart fibulations.

I'm stuck between that infamous rock and a hard place. So I take the lessor of the two evils. I would rather have problems with keeping food in me than being dead. The medical marijuana makes it possible for me to be able to take that medication that's preventing that cancer from returning and killing me.

If you want to use my story to tell people in your area please send me a private message and I'll provide you with all the information you need. There's millions of people suffering because medical marijuana isn't available in their area.

No one should be made into a criminal just for fighting to save their life.
Hmm...the OP joined USMB yesterday. Maddow's Colorado pot piece was aired yesterday.

Wonder if they're related?

Read more here to see if I'm right: Maddow Miracle Motivates Marijuana Vote US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

74% as of this post want pot legalized both for recreational and medical use. Wonder if any of those people think republicans will advance that agenda? Probably not related to next week's midterms.

Kinda weird how that percentage lines up with another poll or two at that website...of people that feel strongly about this or that issue?
i feel pretty soon med pot will be in all 50 States.....the legalizing....the jury is still out on that.....what i want to know is how come all these pot stories are coming out of Colorado?.....why do i not hear anything coming out of Washington?...
Actually, a user named Dana#### (i forgot the 4 digits) is from Washington and posts about her story on this thread.. You should read it, like all stories on here, it amazes me how much marijuana can help people

I know one thing for sure, the pot they got now days is like 100 times more potent than what I smoked in HS. I don't know how someone can smoke this potent stuff and function. I tried some for the first time since the late 70's a couple months ago, and I was wrecked for a couple of hours.
the people smoking this stuff frequently handle it no differently then back in our day....they are used to it just like we were back when....and if you hadnt smoked any for 30 years.....yea you are going to get high....

They have and it targets each persons illnesses.
They make a whole bunch of different types - one for glaucoma, one for chronic pain one for people who have MS and one for those who are on cancer drugs.
Much of the targeted medical marijuana does not make you high because science has taken out the THC part of the plant that causes people to get high.
The marijuana oil that is used by my neighbor takes away his pain but does not make him high.
That's my understanding as well so I'm always suspicious when I hear smoking pot is the only thing that works.
everyone is different.....the pills dont do shit for my wife....just the way it is....

I already voted yes, I'm for the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana. Also, I've been stating that I support it throughout the thread, so what are you talking about?
So you're for getting stoned.

Sure, if someone wants to spark up a spliffy after work, I've got not problem with that. It's not different than having a glass of wine or a beer.
And that proves my point. If it were really about medicine as you posers claim you would say hey let's just separate the CBD from the THC. Problem solved. But in 23 pages I am the only one who has brought it up. Why? Because it's really about getting high for you folks.

Marijuana helps people deal with a variety of medical ailments. Also, there is nothing wrong with using it for recreational purposes in my opinion. Honestly, I really don't care what you think about it.

"Live and let live" is an ethic some humans struggle with.
Nothing in my point had to do with live and let live. It is about the lack of honesty on why they want it legalized.

Yes. I'm aware that my views don't have majority support. How does that affect the moral question in your view? Should I adopt the moral views of the majority even if I believe that they are wrong? Has the majority ever been wrong in the past? If so, how did things change?
Society by definition is the values and working relationship people share in a geopolitical area. Like everywhere else on Earth, as far as I know, people have decided not to legalize drugs like cocaine, heroine, LSD, etc. And even pot except in a few places.

Arguing from a moral standpoint is useless since everyone has a different moral compass to one degree or another. Some vary wildly. You can't over ride the law with your own personal set of morals. So no, you don't need to adopt the majority's morals, just obey the law or go to jail.

Those who support its legalization, for medical or for general use, fail to recognize that the greatest costs of marijuana are not related to its prohibition; they are the costs resulting from marijuana use itself.

Would you please post a link to that information? I really don't believe that for a second.
Remember the hysteria over MJ laced candy killing Trick or Treaters?

Note news reports of at least a half-dozen kids and their parents run over by DRUNKS this Halloween.

Where are the laced candy deaths?

There aren't any.

They have and it targets each persons illnesses.
They make a whole bunch of different types - one for glaucoma, one for chronic pain one for people who have MS and one for those who are on cancer drugs.
Much of the targeted medical marijuana does not make you high because science has taken out the THC part of the plant that causes people to get high.
The marijuana oil that is used by my neighbor takes away his pain but does not make him high.
That's my understanding as well so I'm always suspicious when I hear smoking pot is the only thing that works.

I can't speak for anyone else but I have tried all the anti nausea pills. They don't work. I've tried the marinol. Marinol does work but it makes me so high I can't function. I won't go through life like that.

The only thing that works and doesn't make me so high I can't function is the medical marijuana I buy at my local dispensary.

If I could take the pharmaceutical I would. My insurance would pay for it. My insurance doesn't pay for one penny of my medical marijuana or the prescription. It would be much cheaper to take the pharmaceuticals than have to buy medical marijuana. It would be much easier to take pharmaceuticals with me to other states that don't allow medical marijuana. But those pills just don't work for me. So I stay in states that medical marijuana is legal and available.

I'm not a criminal for trying not to die.

Yes you are, there are young welfare babies that need your assets.

lol! What? Come on, now you're just making excuses. Of course driving under the influence of any drugs is illegal and would remain so.
It isn't an excuse. I gave personal experiences. People do feel freer to go out and about stoned. It's happening here. Pot does that to you, plus most drinkers don't decide to knock off a couple beers before going out in the morning.

Sorry, but your personal experiences are not representative of the whole. Marijuana is certainly not more dangerous than drinking. You are probably old and never had any contact with marijuana. I'll bet you've never smoked a joint in your entire life.
I have bee driving stoned for 50 years.

Never had a wreck that was my fault.

The reason that weed should be legal is the demand for it.

Imposing morality through prohibition NEVER works.

It didn't work with alcohol and it doesn't work with abortion.

If the demand and the technology both exist, a market will be made and We, The Peeps are foolish not to tax a market as large as the one for weed in America.

A pleasant side effect of the legalization of marijuana will be a dramatic reduction in the violence along the Mexican border.

There's something to look forward to! :thup:

The reason that weed should be legal is the demand for it.

Imposing morality through prohibition NEVER works.

It didn't work with alcohol and it doesn't work with abortion.

If the demand and the technology both exist, a market will be made and We, The Peeps are foolish not to tax a market as large as the one for weed in America.

A pleasant side effect of the legalization of marijuana will be a dramatic reduction in the violence along the Mexican border.

There's something to look forward to! :thup:
The drug cartels aren't going to simply dry up and disappear. They will probably be undercutting the legal market and with more users, probably doing better.

Prohibition did work. Alcohol consumption went way down. You know there was a horrible alcohol problem back in the day, much worse than now, which is how the movement gained momentum.

It got over turned by the will of the people and that's the way it should be, government didn't impose prohibition on alcohol or pot. Legalized pot has been turned down in most places, two states have it now, I believe. So it you are consistent, you have to respect the will of the people and not the demand of the minority.​

So then, let's legalize meth.
As a Libertarian I say go for it.

If meth and heroin and cocaine were legal, and the Monkeys behind the corporations that produced those products were held criminally accountable for killing Monkeys with their for profit products, a balanced market in that industry would result in few, if any, overdoses.

Same goes for acid and ex.

If meth and heroin and cocaine were legal, and the Monkeys behind the corporations that produced those products were held criminally accountable for killing Monkeys with their for profit products, a balanced market in that industry would result in few, if any, overdoses.

I couldn't follow all that but if it was legal, how are the suppliers criminals? Does not compute.

I couldn't follow all that but if it was legal, how are the suppliers criminals? Does not compute.

A libertarian world demands that everything be legal and producers of goods and services be held accountable for what they do for profits. Our history is one of letting industry get away with murder.

The net result of that kind of policy shift would, over time, lower consumption by reducing supply and driving up prices.

Anyone willing to brew cocaine for home use should probably be thinned from the herd, eh? :dunno:

Forum List

Back