Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
bong-weed-elite-daily.png

They have and it targets each persons illnesses.
They make a whole bunch of different types - one for glaucoma, one for chronic pain one for people who have MS and one for those who are on cancer drugs.
Much of the targeted medical marijuana does not make you high because science has taken out the THC part of the plant that causes people to get high.
The marijuana oil that is used by my neighbor takes away his pain but does not make him high.
That's my understanding as well so I'm always suspicious when I hear smoking pot is the only thing that works.

I can't speak for anyone else but I have tried all the anti nausea pills. They don't work. I've tried the marinol. Marinol does work but it makes me so high I can't function. I won't go through life like that.

The only thing that works and doesn't make me so high I can't function is the medical marijuana I buy at my local dispensary.

If I could take the pharmaceutical I would. My insurance would pay for it. My insurance doesn't pay for one penny of my medical marijuana or the prescription. It would be much cheaper to take the pharmaceuticals than have to buy medical marijuana. It would be much easier to take pharmaceuticals with me to other states that don't allow medical marijuana. But those pills just don't work for me. So I stay in states that medical marijuana is legal and available.

I'm not a criminal for trying not to die.

16 pages and still no one will be honest.

Plenty of people are being honest. What do you mean?
Oh really. So be honest. You are for getting stoned or you are are not. Those are the only two positions being discussed after all.

I already voted yes, I'm for the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana. Also, I've been stating that I support it throughout the thread, so what are you talking about?

I disagree. It was voted for in Colorado. The only reason why people are against it is because they are ignorant about it. They don't know anything about it. If they knew, they would see that it is far less harmful than alcohol and/or cigarettes, both of which are perfectly legal to consume.
Who doesn't know a pothead? Most drinkers don't have a problem with it and don't pretend it's a cure all and makes you function at some higher level, (no pun intended). People can smoke tobacco and function/travel just fine. Their personal health is none of your business.

So if that's how you feel, how can you be against marijuana? It's none of your business, right? :D

They make a whole bunch of different types - one for glaucoma, one for chronic pain one for people who have MS and one for those who are on cancer drugs.
Much of the targeted medical marijuana does not make you high because science has taken out the THC part of the plant that causes people to get high.
The marijuana oil that is used by my neighbor takes away his pain but does not make him high.
That's my understanding as well so I'm always suspicious when I hear smoking pot is the only thing that works.

Because of side effects that oftentimes happen with the use of other prescription drugs, sometimes marijuana is the only option. Do you know anything about medical marijuana? Do you know anything about marijuana at all? Did you know that it is already (and has been for years) widely used in the pill form, known as Merrem, which is a narcotic pain killer? So tell, why would you be suspicious of it's medical uses?

Edit: Oops, it should be "Marinol" which is the drug that contains marijuana, not Merrem! Sorry!

Because of side effects that oftentimes happen with the use of other prescription drugs, sometimes marijuana is the only option. Do you know anything about medical marijuana? Do you know anything about marijuana at all? Did you know that it is already (and has been for years) widely used in the pill form, known as Merrem, which is a narcotic pain killer? So tell, why would you be suspicious of it's medical uses?

Edit: Oops, it should be "Marinol" which is the drug that contains marijuana, not Merrem! Sorry!
What happened to the information that i posted? The reason why i posted this forum is for people to better understand marijuana.. And it medical uses. The very firat page, the very first thing. Like... Really? The video helps. And its interesring.

Many might wander what the dependency rate on marijuana is and (refering to the video posted in the very first comment. Video by Dr. Sanjay Gupta called "Weed: A Dr. Sanjay Gupta special", CNN) according to that, Marijuana's dependency rate compared to Heroin, Alcohol, and Cocaine is nowhere near as severe. Marijuana: 8%
Heroin: 23%
Cocaine: 17%
Alcohol: 15%
I bet many of you are surprised of how low the number is, but then again one can only become addicted to something because of the temptations within.

Oh really. So be honest. You are for getting stoned or you are are not. Those are the only two positions being discussed after all.

I already voted yes, I'm for the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana. Also, I've been stating that I support it throughout the thread, so what are you talking about?
So you're for getting stoned.

So you're for getting stoned.

Sure, if someone wants to spark up a spliffy after work, I've got not problem with that. It's not different than having a glass of wine or a beer.

Who doesn't know a pothead? Most drinkers don't have a problem with it and don't pretend it's a cure all and makes you function at some higher level, (no pun intended). People can smoke tobacco and function/travel just fine. Their personal health is none of your business.
So if that's how you feel, how can you be against marijuana? It's none of your business, right? :D
They can suck down Draino for all I care, that's none of my business. I'm against legalized pot except for the few that really need it for reasons already discussed. Stoned people thinking it makes them smarter and driving around is my business. Just like I'm against drunk driving, but there is no push to minimize the danger to society.

They can suck down Draino for all I care, that's none of my business. I'm against legalized pot except for the few that really need it for reasons already discussed. Stoned people thinking it makes them smarter and driving around is my business. Just like I'm against drunk driving, but there is no push to minimize the danger to society.

lol! What? Come on, now you're just making excuses. Of course driving under the influence of any drugs is illegal and would remain so.

lol! What? Come on, now you're just making excuses. Of course driving under the influence of any drugs is illegal and would remain so.
It isn't an excuse. I gave personal experiences. People do feel freer to go out and about stoned. It's happening here. Pot does that to you, plus most drinkers don't decide to knock off a couple beers before going out in the morning.

It isn't an excuse. I gave personal experiences. People do feel freer to go out and about stoned. It's happening here. Pot does that to you, plus most drinkers don't decide to knock off a couple beers before going out in the morning.

Sorry, but your personal experiences are not representative of the whole. Marijuana is certainly not more dangerous than drinking. You are probably old and never had any contact with marijuana. I'll bet you've never smoked a joint in your entire life.

Sorry, but your personal experiences are not representative of the whole. Marijuana is certainly not more dangerous than drinking. You are probably old and never had any contact with marijuana. I'll bet you've never smoked a joint in your entire life.
Sorry, but my personal experiences over ride your opinion of what you think I should believe or who I am.

Sorry, but my personal experiences over ride your opinion of what you think I should believe or who I am.

What makes you think that? Your personal experiences don't mean anything at all. :lol: The fact is that medical marijuana helps people, and most doctors are for it. Also, recreational marijuana is not any worse than drinking or cigarettes, and you are trying to dictate what people can and cannot take into their bodies because of your "personal" experiences. Well, sorry, but many of us have had "personal experiences" that are completely different than yours. Why are your personal experiences more meaningful? Bottom line, they are not more meaningful and, I suspect, that they are probably not truthful either.

As you can see by the poll results above, overwhelmingly, people are FOR the legalization of marijuana. It was never any health agency that said marijuana is dangerous and should be illegal. It was the government!!! People have been using marijuana since ancient times and never had any issues.

What makes you think that? Your personal experiences don't mean anything at all. :lol: The fact is that medical marijuana helps people, and most doctors are for it.
You can't read. Are you already stoned?
Also, recreational marijuana is not any worse than drinking or cigarettes, and you are trying to dictate what people can and cannot take into their bodies because of your "personal" experiences. Well, sorry, but many of us have had "personal experiences" that are completely different than yours. Why are your personal experiences more meaningful? Bottom line, they are not more meaningful and, I suspect, that they are probably not truthful either.
It's not been legal for a reason, you pretending the government dreamed it up doesn't make it so. Yes, pot absolutely is a deceiving drug and makes people think the are unimpaired, or even better than straight. Drinkers don't think they are cognitively superior to their lucid state.

As you can see by the poll results above, overwhelmingly, people are FOR the legalization of marijuana. It was never any health agency that said marijuana is dangerous and should be illegal. It was the government!!! People have been using marijuana since ancient times and never had any issues.
It's been voted down in many places and not popular, you are picking and choosing the polls you want.

It's been voted down in many places and not popular, you are picking and choosing the polls you want.

I'm talking about THIS poll. Duh. Maybe you DO smoke marijuana. Lol.

Forum List

Back