Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
A libertarian world demands that everything be legal and producers of goods and services be held accountable for what they do for profits. Our history is one of letting industry get away with murder.

The net result of that kind of policy shift would, over time, lower consumption by reducing supply and driving up prices.

Anyone willing to brew cocaine for home use should probably be thinned from the herd, eh? :dunno:
That's why I'm not a Libertarian. You want something legal until it goes wrong then you want someone else to pay for it. That's whacko.

Remember Al Capone and his ilk? All dried up and disappeared, Bro'!
Not because of legal booze.
You don't think that if alcohol were still illegal we wouldn't have gangsters running it for untaxed profits?

Wake up, Bud! Prohibition, especially for the purpose of imposing a morality, NEVER works.
Many laws enforce morality. You can't walk down the street showing off your dick. Your libertarian argument can be used to legalize anything and everything.

The reason that weed should be legal is the demand for it.

Imposing morality through prohibition NEVER works.

Only because we are unwilling to institute sufficient punishment for it. I'm totally in favor of simply executing these moral criminals on the spot, sans trial. Saves us a lot of money and helps improve LEO firearms accuracy.

Well, I'm totally glad that you're not in charge, Mr. Screw Due Process & Fuck Innocent Until Proven Guilty by The State to the Satisfaction of a Jury of My Peers!

Thank you DLucia.

I'm lucky. I live in Washington state where we legalized medical marijuana in the 1998 election. Then we legalized it for all adults in the 2012 election.

I can just go up the street from my home and buy my medicine. It's close and easy to obtain.

I was unlucky enough to have been diagnosed with a very deadly form of breast cancer. Carcinoma that was 100% receptive to my own body hormones. Which means that my own body hormones was it's food to grow. Millions of women died from it because our own body chemistry is it's food. It was found, the women had it removed but it came back and killed them. Which is exactly what happened to 4 of my relatives before me.

I'm very lucky in that we now have a way to block those hormones so that the cancer won't return and kill. Studies are now finding that women like me can never go off that medication. It will return and kill me if I don't take that medication. I'm like many women who have the side effect that it causes a weak stomach and most food makes me sick. Without the medical marijuana almost nothing would stay in me. So instead of being a size 1 as I am now, I would now be totally emaciated or dead. There's another drug that blocks the hormones but it causes heart fibulations. I have a deadly allergy to mold and bees. Both will cause antifilaxis. Which kills without an epipen. My throat closes, my lungs collapse and my heart goes very fast. Without that epipen when it stops going very fast it stops completely and I die. So if I took that other medication I could die from heart fibulations.

I'm stuck between that infamous rock and a hard place. So I take the lessor of the two evils. I would rather have problems with keeping food in me than being dead. The medical marijuana makes it possible for me to be able to take that medication that's preventing that cancer from returning and killing me.

If you want to use my story to tell people in your area please send me a private message and I'll provide you with all the information you need. There's millions of people suffering because medical marijuana isn't available in their area.

No one should be made into a criminal just for fighting to save their life.
That would be a horrible situation to be in, thanks for sharing the story. When I hear stories like that I wonder why science can't isolate the medicinal qualities of pot and mass market it. I would definitely choose the get stoned over dying but would prefer the best of both worlds, lucid and healthy.

I don't want to have to smoke marijuana for the rest of my life. I see it as a necessary evil. I've taken all the pills but they don't work.

A drug company did develop a pharmaceutical form of marijuana. It's called marinol. I tried that too. It made me so high I couldn't function. It's timed release so that when the high wears off, that time release kicks back in and I'm back to being so high I can't function.

It's much easier to just take a few hits off a pipe. It doesn't take much and the food stays in my stomach. I don't get super high, in fact I barely get high at all. I'll take that over being dead any day.

Buy a good vaporizer. No smoke, no smell, easy to use.
I have been using a vaporiser for years. The high is a euphoric high, as opposed to a knock you down stupid high. Excellent when you have work to do, such as yard work. It makes you more productive.

Remember Al Capone and his ilk? All dried up and disappeared, Bro'!
Not because of legal booze.
You don't think that if alcohol were still illegal we wouldn't have gangsters running it for untaxed profits?

Wake up, Bud! Prohibition, especially for the purpose of imposing a morality, NEVER works.
Gangsters run drugs. They sell sex slaves. They run human trafficking rings. No gangster ever stopped being a gangster because a criminal act was legalized.

Slider_Slide_3.jpg
I have been using a vaporiser for years. The high is a euphoric high, as opposed to a knock you down stupid high. Excellent when you have work to do, such as yard work. It makes you more productive.

I was at the Snowbomb Festival last weekend. It's a winter sports expo thing at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Everyone was vaping in the crowd.

Vaping... it just isn't my bag, personally. I like to taste real smoke. But, there is no denying that vaporizing has caught on, and I don't doubt that it is more healthy for the lungs.

At Snowbomb, I talked briefly to the organizer of the 420 Games. The event is about de-stigmatizing cannabis users (don't call them stoners!) through athletic achievement. Their tag line is, "Everything in moderation, except sweat!". It's all about the social, active, healthy, moderate cannabis user who does outdoor adventure sports and strives to live healthfully and responsibly.

420 GAMES

Slider_Slide_3.jpg

I was at the Snowbomb Festival last weekend. It's a winter sports expo thing at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Everyone was vaping in the crowd.

Vaping... it just isn't my bag, personally. I like to taste real smoke. But, there is no denying that vaporizing has caught on, and I don't doubt that it is more healthy for the lungs.

At Snowbomb, I talked briefly to the organizer of the 420 Games. The event is about de-stigmatizing cannabis users (don't call them stoners!) through athletic achievement. Their tag line is, "Everything in moderation, except sweat!". It's all about the social, active, healthy, moderate cannabis user who does outdoor adventure sports and strives to live healthfully and responsibly.

420 GAMES
My wife prefers smoking too.

Well, that's what I was referring to the live and let live thing. The act of someone doing meth, in and of itself, isn't harmful to you.

This is essentially the same argument as the gun rights debate.
Meth hurts society and there is no right to get fucked up.

Ah yes. "Society" is the victim. What does that even mean? Do you realize all the inane laws you could justify with such an argument?

Smoking meth is not an inane activity.

Those who support its legalization, for medical or for general use, fail to recognize that the greatest costs of marijuana are not related to its prohibition; they are the costs resulting from marijuana use itself.

Would you please post a link to that information? I really don't believe that for a second.
Remember the hysteria over MJ laced candy killing Trick or Treaters?

Note news reports of at least a half-dozen kids and their parents run over by DRUNKS this Halloween.

Where are the laced candy deaths?

There aren't any.

Children do not have to die in order to suffer badly from it.

Slider_Slide_3.jpg

420 GAMES
They are still stoners or potheads.

Slider_Slide_3.jpg

420 GAMES

I think that's the point.

Slider_Slide_3.jpg

420 GAMES

You know its like they say- stoners can always give up pot, but assholes will always be assholes....

Yes. I'm aware that my views don't have majority support. How does that affect the moral question in your view? Should I adopt the moral views of the majority even if I believe that they are wrong? Has the majority ever been wrong in the past? If so, how did things change?
Society by definition is the values and working relationship people share in a geopolitical area. Like everywhere else on Earth, as far as I know, people have decided not to legalize drugs like cocaine, heroine, LSD, etc. And even pot except in a few places.

Arguing from a moral standpoint is useless since everyone has a different moral compass to one degree or another. Some vary wildly. You can't over ride the law with your own personal set of morals. So no, you don't need to adopt the majority's morals, just obey the law or go to jail.

Obviously. But so what? I often see posts like yours ("Then you can't oppose the legalization of meth. That puts you in a tiny minority.") and wonder what it is you're trying to say. It's sounds like you're saying that if someone is in the minority they simply have to put up with whatever the majority wants to do. But our government was designed to protect minorities from abusive in the name of democracy.

Obviously. But so what? I often see posts like yours ("Then you can't oppose the legalization of meth. That puts you in a tiny minority.") and wonder what it is you're trying to say. It's sounds like you're saying that if someone is in the minority they simply have to put up with whatever the majority wants to do. But our government was designed to protect minorities from abusive in the name of democracy.
Government protects us from minority rule as well. The prohibition on meth exists for a reason as it does for pot in most places. Your agreement or disapproval doesn't change anything. There's nothing complicated about it unless you are too stoned to think.

Forum List

Back