Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

The 'TD' REMOVED the gun from it's packaging pal. Then he started wandering around the store waving it around.
The cops had ZERO way of knowing positively it was not a real gun. Would you be willing to risk your life by guessing?
Charlie Manson's merry band of murderers: "Don't worry. These are just rubber knives". Ya fucking right.
Last time I saw air guns at Walmart they were not in packaging. But keep on defending murder.
"It's our understanding that one of the employees inside of Walmart called a manager and indicated that this young man is carrying a BB gun that he picked up off a shelf, you may want to go talk to him about carrying this BB gun," Wright said. Note: The manager said the TD "picked [the BB gun] off the SHELF!
So the gun was on a shelf. Like just laying there...............in a fucking package! Got it now pal?

Read more: Ohio Walmart pulls air rifles from shelves after police shooting Local News - WLWT Home
Why did you leave out this part asshole?

Wright also wants to verify the air rifle was out of its packaging for two days prior to Crawford picking it up.

Just out of curiosity I went and checked , and at our local WM if you buy any gun like that, a WM employee will take it up to the service desk and you can pay for it and carry it out from that point. The manager told me that has been their policy for a long time. They don't want people carrying guns (even BB guns) around their store.

Now that doesn't excuse the cops shall we say quick reaction here, but I wonder why this story wasn't following the same policy.

By the way, the manager told me the policy isnt in place because people are afraid of guns, it's in place because people were stealing the damn things.
Depends on the town. Some towns the bb guns are on the shelves like bread... other towns the bb guns that look scary are behind glass or behind a counter. BB guns at a store should have a removable orange cap. That particular bb gun is sold in a box... so someone took it out. Maybe it was the guy who called 911.

I don't know, I'm in a small rural town. As the guy said, they do it because people were stealing them.

Cases of police brutality scare me a lot. In the last decade alone the number of people murdered by police has reached 5,000. For comparison, the number of soldiers killed since the inception of the Iraq war, 4489.

Cases of police brutality scare me a lot. In the last decade alone the number of people murdered by police has reached 5,000. For comparison, the number of soldiers killed since the inception of the Iraq war, 4489.

The number of people KILLED by police has reached 5,000. The number of people murdered by police is FAR less.

The number of people KILLED by police has reached 5,000. The number of people murdered by police is FAR less.
Agreed... even in this case, the police did not murder this kid. An argument could easily be made that the 911 caller did though. The police were more accessories, and the one that did the shooting including shooting the kid in the back (??) should at least be charged with negligent homicide, IMO. Again, if that was a 10-year old kid or a white girl... do you think he would have kill them? Or did he see a scary person based on the 911 caller and first impression?

People & kids often take guns, toys & other stuff out of packages to examine or play with them at stores, especially at Walmart. This is the way most Walmart's displays it's air guns.
b3fb422e-fee2-417c-a129-de93d2236e00.jpg
7441-600p.jpg

IMAG1315.jpg

BB4ME-Shopping-for-a-Daisy.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg
red-ryder.jpg
IMG_1421_1.jpg
Ya and every fucking one of those guns were in packages. Just like the one the TD removed from the package. There wasn't a High Powered BB gun just laying on a fucking shelf for anyone to pick up and play with.

Agreed... even in this case, the police did not murder this kid. An argument could easily be made that the 911 caller did though. The police were more accessories, and the one that did the shooting including shooting the kid in the back (??) should at least be charged with negligent homicide, IMO. Again, if that was a 10-year old kid or a white girl... do you think he would have kill them? Or did he see a scary person based on the 911 caller and first impression?

I've rewatched the video several times since last night and to be honest, I don't think that cop even gave the situation time for him to come up with a first impression.

I could see moving that fast if the guy had a hostage or something, but damn

I don't think the cop should be charged with murder, in fact I'm comfortable with him not being charged with any crime. But , he should lose his badge, that's some bad judgement right there.

I also have to ask, who was in charge of the scene? I can't imagine civilian police work is THAT much different than my experiences in the military. As I rose up the ranks, I went from being the guy who actually took the shot to being the guy who said "yes, take the shot", this situation here looks like that officer took the shot completely of his own accord. Where was his supervisor?

That is an open carry state. If a white man had carried a real rifle into that store, he'd be OK.
so why have blacks created an environment that causes some people to become hysterical when they see a black male with a gun. Is it due to the fact that 6% of the population causes more than half the murders?

I've rewatched the video several times since last night and to be honest, I don't think that cop even gave the situation time for him to come up with a first impression.

I could see moving that fast if the guy had a hostage or something, but damn

I don't think the cop should be charged with murder, in fact I'm comfortable with him not being charged with any crime. But , he should lose his badge, that's some bad judgement right there.

I also have to ask, who was in charge of the scene? I can't imagine civilian police work is THAT much different than my experiences in the military. As I rose up the ranks, I went from being the guy who actually took the shot to being the guy who said "yes, take the shot", this situation here looks like that officer took the shot completely of his own accord. Where was his supervisor?
By first impression I mean target sight picture. The cop turned the corner with finger on the trigger, rifle at his shoulder, looking down the sight picture at... a young black man holding what looked like an assault rifle,.. he pulled that trigger as soon as he had a good shot. He had a moment in time between putting that young black man in his cross hairs and pulling, and it does not appear to me that he hesitated one bit. My guess is that was exactly how he was trained, with the exception of the accused rifle pointing down. If that gun was sweeping up toward the cops... I get it. The kid was on the phone for christ sake. How does the cop know that this young man isn't the 911 caller?

That is an open carry state. If a white man had carried a real rifle into that store, he'd be OK.
so why have blacks created an environment that causes some people to become hysterical when they see a black male with a gun. Is it due to the fact that 6% of the population causes more than half the murders?
I don't think you can blame all blacks for the actions of a few, any more than blacks should be blaming whites for what these cops and that 911 caller just did.

I don't think you can blame all blacks for the actions of a few, any more than blacks should be blaming whites for what these cops and that 911 caller just did.

No you can't, but you can acknowledge facts.

Same as I said with if anyone is carrying such a weapon around. With things that have happened here in the last few years, it isn't unreasonable that people are calling the police when they see a man with a weapon wandering through Wal Mart.

The 'TD' REMOVED the gun from it's packaging pal. Then he started wandering around the store waving it around.
The cops had ZERO way of knowing positively it was not a real gun. Would you be willing to risk your life by guessing?
Charlie Manson's merry band of murderers: "Don't worry. These are just rubber knives". Ya fucking right.

No, the gun was sitting on the shelf with no packaging. One of the prosecutors had said I'm sure in a video that someone had already taken it out of the package, but I can't find it.

The video shows Crawford, while talking on a cellphone, picking up a pellet gun, which was out of its package and sitting on a shelf.

Ohio Wal-Mart surveillance video shows police shooting and killing John Crawford III - The Washington Post

No you can't, but you can acknowledge facts.

Same as I said with if anyone is carrying such a weapon around. With things that have happened here in the last few years, it isn't unreasonable that people are calling the police when they see a man with a weapon wandering through Wal Mart.
People did not call 911. It was one guy, who just happens to be a known flaming racist skin head POS.

So that would be 4,000 then?

Ya and every fucking one of those guns were in packages. Just like the one the TD removed from the package. There wasn't a High Powered BB gun just laying on a fucking shelf for anyone to pick up and play with.

Well, yes there was. :)
Was it high powered? Not that it matters.

Some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting that if one is black, he or she shouldn't touch an air gun.

Well, yes there was. :)
Was it high powered? Not that it matters.

Some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting that if one is black, he or she shouldn't touch an air gun.

Those high powered air rifles can kill a moose Ravi!!!!

:D

Forum List

Back