Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

By first impression I mean target sight picture. The cop turned the corner with finger on the trigger, rifle at his shoulder, looking down the sight picture at... a young black man holding what looked like an assault rifle,.. he pulled that trigger as soon as he had a good shot. He had a moment in time between putting that young black man in his cross hairs and pulling, and it does not appear to me that he hesitated one bit. My guess is that was exactly how he was trained, with the exception of the accused rifle pointing down. If that gun was sweeping up toward the cops... I get it. The kid was on the phone for christ sake. How does the cop know that this young man isn't the 911 caller?

Exactly. Would a shooter be talking on the phone? Yet when the police found him, this meant nothing to them, and they couldn't possibly have not seen he was on one. When you see someone talking on a cellphone, it is unmistakable.

Ran around our neighborhood with realistic toy M-16s, no one ever bothered calling cops.....people are afraid of everything nowdays.

Mattel? I had one of those. That was before we became a police state, though.

When I was a teenager we drove our trucks to school with our hunting rifles hanging in the back window.

BUT, we had never heard of a school shooting. I mean if it ever happened at any school while I was a student, I never heard of it.

Was it high powered? Not that it matters.

Some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting that if one is black, he or she shouldn't touch an air gun.

Everything is race with you democrats.

Cops will gladly kill a white person with the same disregard as they do a black person.

The issue isn't race, the issue is out of control, militarized police who view the public as the enemy to be subdued through any means.

The cops who shot this guy, in body armor and with fully automatic weapons, right?

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

MK-177 BB - Google Search

Cops shoot first and ask questions, maybe; often not.

Because bullets usually travel in excess of the speed of sound (1127.5 feet per second) orders by police to freeze, drop the weapon might trail behind the bullets fired. :)

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

By first impression I mean target sight picture. The cop turned the corner with finger on the trigger, rifle at his shoulder, looking down the sight picture at... a young black man holding what looked like an assault rifle,.. he pulled that trigger as soon as he had a good shot. He had a moment in time between putting that young black man in his cross hairs and pulling, and it does not appear to me that he hesitated one bit. My guess is that was exactly how he was trained, with the exception of the accused rifle pointing down. If that gun was sweeping up toward the cops... I get it. The kid was on the phone for christ sake. How does the cop know that this young man isn't the 911 caller?

Exactly. Would a shooter be talking on the phone? Yet when the police found him, this meant nothing to them, and they couldn't possibly have not seen he was on one. When you see someone talking on a cellphone, it is unmistakable.

Actually, yes some dude goes crazy decides to tell his wife goodbye as he blows the shit out of Wal Mart, THAT part isn't unreasonable.

The only issue here in my mind is that they didn't even pretend to give that kid time to surrender.

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

Because bullets usually travel in excess of the speed of sound (1127.5 feet per second) orders by police to freeze, drop the weapon might trail behind the bullets fired. :)

only if you fire first. Give a warning, give time to comply and THEN possibly fire.

"Freeze! Drop the weapon!"

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

Actually, yes some dude goes crazy decides to tell his wife goodbye as he blows the shit out of Wal Mart, THAT part isn't unreasonable.

The only issue here in my mind is that they didn't even pretend to give that kid time to surrender.

Assuming she is still alive and he did not already murder her, a shooter during an act of rage is going to call his wife to say goodbye. :laugh:

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect is ~3300 feet away, and the rounds you fire travel at ~3000 feet per second (typical load of an M4/M16) the warning will reach their ear almost at the same moment the bullets do even if you waited 3 seconds for compliance. :)

If the suspect doesn't act aggressive there is no rush.

This cop used poor judgement, at the very minimum.

I've seen stand offs last hours without anyone getting shot.

Was it high powered? Not that it matters.

Some posters on this thread seem to be suggesting that if one is black, he or she shouldn't touch an air gun.

Everything is race with you democrats.

Cops will gladly kill a white person with the same disregard as they do a black person.

The issue isn't race, the issue is out of control, militarized police who view the public as the enemy to be subdued through any means.

The cops who shot this guy, in body armor and with fully automatic weapons, right?
A couple of posters made comments about how, as a black person, he shouldn't have had the gun.

And if the suspect had had a real weapon and shot someone the cop'd be crucified for not having fired.

That's why it's called using judgement. This cop used none, even if that had been a real weapon it wasn't a threat from the time the officer confronted the guy til the time he shot him.

Let's say he had killed 3 people before the cops showed up, even then if he's just standing there with muzzle down, you don't shoot.

A couple of posters made comments about how, as a black person, he shouldn't have had the gun.

That sounds like something Pogo or Bucs would say....

We need to get the police under control. We need the federal government prohibited from ANY involvement with local police. No military training of police, no military equipment grants.

And we need to prohibit local police from engaging in open criminal acts. That means no seizure. IF something is seized, the police cannot gain from it in any way. Cops in LA are nothing but car jacking gangstas. If you have a nice ride, the gangsta in blue might very well stick a gun in your face an take it - calling it "seizure."

There has always been a fine line between cops and criminals, seizure laws erased that line completely and left us with cops who are more violent and FAR more dangerous to the public than the criminals they supposedly protect us from. Take the profit motive out of criminal acts and they will stop. Seizure is just armed robbery, nothing more or less.

And if the suspect had had a real weapon and shot someone the cop'd be crucified for not having fired.
That is immaterial as it wasn't a real weapon, no one was anywhere near the guy, and he was on the phone.

Being on the phone is irrelevant as well. Or do you think people can't fire a weapon while on the phone?
Sure they can, but a quick look at the security monitor would have shown a non-threatening person.

one second...
two seconds...
three seconds...

FIRE

If the suspect doesn't act aggressive there is no rush.

This cop used poor judgement, at the very minimum.

I've seen stand offs last hours without anyone getting shot.

Is a gun pointed at you an aggressive act?

Or would you wait until the trigger is pulled?

That is immaterial as it wasn't a real weapon, no one was anywhere near the guy, and he was on the phone.

Being on the phone is irrelevant as well. Or do you think people can't fire a weapon while on the phone?
Sure they can, but a quick look at the security monitor would have shown a non-threatening person.

Wait a minute! You liberals fucks think every one that open carries is a threat. What makes this guy carrying a weapon in a store a non-threat?

Forum List

Back