US Ebola patients released

Would have never thought this possible two weeks ago.

After a couple days it semed possible.............but there was still uncertainty. Now it is fact. Both improved rapidly once under US care, and in the the Emory hospital.

It's a wonder the poor man wasn't immediately sued or arrested for thanking God in such an enthusiastic way.

Why? They walked into the hospital when they got here.

Yes, but with the claims there wasn't a cure, and with how the CDC was taking every precaution possible to shield the public, I figured at best he would be in the hospital for months if for no other reason than to make absolutely sure he could not spread the disease.

Why? They walked into the hospital when they got here.

Yes, but with the claims there wasn't a cure, and with how the CDC was taking every precaution possible to shield the public, I figured at best he would be in the hospital for months if for no other reason than to make absolutely sure he could not spread the disease.

It appears they tested clean for the virus, I am noting the excellence of US medical research, some do not like the US praised, see above. All those that were screeching about "letting it in the US" know nothing about Ebola Reston, nor the Ebola treatment which used segments of the virus IN the US. Now, they claim disinterest. Good news, it seems the US can, if resouces are available, treat this disease, and, it is to be hoped, develop a vaccine. No doubt Nancy Writebol and Dr. Brantly will be monitored.

This is fantastic news, I personally thank God for giving us the intelligence, ingenuity, and desire (and the funding), to find solutions and cures for these horrible diseases....

Now lets get this drug manufactured and sold to the UN, so they can distribute it to the countries affected with Ebola...and start saving other lives....it's allowing a possible genocide of sorts, if we don't.... imho.

This is fantastic news, I personally thank God for giving us the intelligence, ingenuity, and desire (and the funding), to find solutions and cures for these horrible diseases....

Now lets get this drug manufactured and sold to the UN, so they can distribute it to the countries affected with Ebola...and start saving other lives....it's allowing a possible genocide of sorts, if we don't.... imho.

I agree; also, mutations the US cannot handle may develop, work is way overdue. DoD funding I believe, starts a vaccine project in September, the sooner the better. While it was in Africa only (few know about Ebola Reston) some blinders on types thought the US should stay 'out of it'. Those nearsighted ignore international travel obviously.

There is no drug to manufacture.

It doesn't surprise me, the fatality rate of this outbreak has been about 55% in Africa where treatment methods/conditions are often less than ideal. Obviously still a very serious illness with risk of fatality, but I'd guess that getting first rate medical care probably greatly improved the chances of these two.

There is no cure. It's not always fatal & the host will carry the virus for some time, although they "say" it's not contagious anymore.
What? Medical professionals who worked with this dude say he no longer carries Ebola in his blood, so what evidence do you have to the contrary that he will still carry the virus for some time?

Just for the sake of keeping it scary?

It doesn't surprise me, the fatality rate of this outbreak has been about 55% in Africa where treatment methods/conditions are often less than ideal. Obviously still a very serious illness with risk of fatality, but I'd guess that getting first rate medical care probably greatly improved the chances of these two.

There is no cure. It's not always fatal & the host will carry the virus for some time, although they "say" it's not contagious anymore.
What? Medical professionals who worked with this dude say he no longer carries Ebola in his blood, so what evidence do you have to the contrary that he will still carry the virus for some time?

The virus can mutate into the a strain in humans that survive the initial infection, thus, asymptomatic in humans, or so I have read.

Asymptomatic is not the same as tested and cleared of carrying the virus. Someone with no symptoms but having Ebola in their system can easily be identified with blood tests. According to everything I've read this doctor being released is clear of Ebola in his blood so is no longer carrying the disease.

Not clear as in doesn't have a fever or bleed from his eyeballs, cleared as in lab analyzed his blood and says nope no more ebola.

Asymptomatic is not the same as tested and cleared of carrying the virus. Someone with no symptoms but having Ebola in their system can easily be identified with blood tests. According to everything I've read this doctor being released is clear of Ebola in his blood so is no longer carrying the disease.

Not clear as in doesn't have a fever or bleed from his eyeballs, cleared as in lab analyzed his blood and says nope no more ebola.

Then he tested clear, thank you for this.

Because it is a fact.People can still transmit the virus through sex for two weeks. Jeez pick up a book.

Forum List

Back