Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

A good run down on it..

The cop that's already killed two people needs to be put in jail for homicide. The 911 caller that clearly lies to the dispatcher needs to go to jail for life.

And let me ask you this, and be honest.

Do you agree that in light of recent events it is STUPID to be carrying weapons that look like assault rifles to people around in public? I'm not asking if you think it should be illegal. I'm asking if you agree it is stupid.

Yes, up = not pointing at the ground, and certainly not leaning on it like a cane.
Yes or no is that gun in that pic pointing at the ground. If you say no you need to get your eye glass prescription updated.

How is that relevant? I mean we see one picture, we don't know what else he did with that gun.

As for yes and no questions.

The idiot should have put the gun down when ordered to by police. Yes , or no?
He was on the phone.. apparently by the reports he was shot by one cop right when the other cop told to him to put it down.

Watch the video...

The cops came in and as soon as they came in they made one comment and shot the boy...

It's on video dude... those cops did not even give that boy 1second to live. Those cops turned the corner on the aisle where they had a shot and as one started to make a noise BOOM not even 1second goes by between those cops looking around the corner with rifle at shoulder... and BOOM the guy pulls the trigger like he's shooting a deer. The boy's gun was pointed to the ground he did not raise it at all... It was a killing. Killed for holding a bb gun. Not even killed for pointing it at someone killed for holding it.

That is a TERRIBLE video, and by the way I found a different one here, not sure if you've seen it

Mass shooting hysteria and the death of John Crawford - The Washington Post

Anyway, I'm not making the argument that these police acted correctly. I'm making the argument that the kid was a moron. Yes, I think those police fired as too early, they didn't even confront the kid, however I've no doubt that they were yelling "police drop the weapon" or some variation as they came towards him. When they came around the corner the BB gun should have been on the ground.

Several witnesses state he was yelling "it's only a bb gun " as the police confronted him, if he had time to do that, he had time to drop the damned thing.

My only real question here is why aren't these cops using non lethals? A bean bag gun would have disarmed that kid.

Same with M Brown for me. I'm sorry the kid's choices led to his death, but ultimately they were his choices.

You know how many times I've carried a rifle around at stores, bars, around town, parks? WTF? You get 1second to drop it or you get shot when it's pointing at the ground? WTF? A frigging bb gun? Evidently this is the second person this cop has killed, questionably. The only reason they came in gangbusters is some racist POS was lying to 911 telling the dispatcher that the guy had a real gun and was pointing it at kids. Which by the video turned out to be a LIE and now the racist POS is recanting what he said.

You know IF the cop actually believed in good faith that people were in danger, you bolster the defense of the shooting.

It's not relevant if the guy lied to police in regards to the actions of the police. That cop that he had good information.

Now, as I said, I think he shot too early, and yes two shootings by the same cop is quite suspect. I mean most cops never use their weapon in anger., but I ask again, it today's climate do you agree that carrying that gun around WM was stupid?

A good run down on it..

The cop that's already killed two people needs to be put in jail for homicide. The 911 caller that clearly lies to the dispatcher needs to go to jail for life.

Do you agree that in light of recent events it is STUPID to be carrying weapons that look like assault rifles to people around in public? I'm not asking if you think it should be illegal. I'm asking if you agree it is stupid.

No. I do not think it is stupid for me to be carrying weapons that look like assault rifles to people around in public. I live in TX we like our guns here. Additionally I'm white. I have no fear that some white racist POS is gonna call the cops lying to them to tell them I'm threatening the lives of little children running around the store pointing my rife at them. Further even if someone did... They would look around the corner and see a middle aged white man confidently carrying a rifle. They would not have shot me. More likely they would have yelled out.. hey Mike what's up, did you see the shooter that's been threatening some kids in the store? IOW they would have seen me and thought to themselves, that guy isn't our bad guy. He's just a shopper.

If they did shoot me, they would be in jail along with this 911 guy, I have no doubt of that.

A good run down on it..

No. I do not think it is stupid for me to be carrying weapons that look like assault rifles to people around in public. I live in TX we like our guns here. Additionally I'm white. I have no fear that some white racist POS is gonna call the cops lying to them to tell them I'm threatening the lives of little children running around the store pointing my rife at them. Further even if someone did... They would look around the corner and see a middle aged white man confidently carrying a rifle. They would not have shot me. More likely they would have yelled out.. hey Mike what's up. If they did shoot me, they would be in jail along with this 911 guy, I have no doubt of that.

okay, well I've no desire to discuss further with you if you truly think this was just about race.......

Also, I didn't ask you if you liked your guns. I LOVE my guns. But I don't feel the need to carry them through a store scaring people like a fucking idiot. You can claim that people shouldn't be scared when they see people carrying weapons in public all you want, but when people are randomly being shot in pubic left and right, only an ignoramus goes around with a weapon in public and then wonders why someone called the cops.

See you in another thread.

You know IF the cop actually believed in good faith that people were in danger, you bolster the defense of the shooting.

It's not relevant if the guy lied to police in regards to the actions of the police. That cop that he had good information.

Now, as I said, I think he shot too early, and yes two shootings by the same cop is quite suspect. I mean most cops never use their weapon in anger., but I ask again, it today's climate do you agree that carrying that gun around WM was stupid?

I can see how the cop was thinking... he turns the corner and sees a black guy with a gun... just like the last killing he did where he shot a white guy that had a knife in his hand. This cop is seeing a potential criminal and pulling the trigger as fast as he can. Judge, jury, conviction-er.

I've been told way to many lies by people to trust someone I don't know with the life of someone else I don't know. You have to take information with a grain of salt. There was only 1 911 caller and it wasn't the store calling.

I think it's dangerous for a black kid to be holding a bb gun, but I don't think it's dangerous for me or my kids to be holding a bb gun that looks like an assault rifle, not if they are pointing it down. We carry our rifles around all the time to dove shoots etc. People buy rifles at Walmart around here. It's not unusual for someone to be carrying a rifle. Hell people used to put their shotguns in the back windows of their pickups around here before the PC police had that banned.

okay, well I've no desire to discuss further with you if you truly think this was just about race.......

Also, I didn't ask you if you liked your guns. I LOVE my guns. But I don't feel the need to carry them through a store scaring people like a fucking idiot. You can claim that people shouldn't be scared when they see people carrying weapons in public all you want, but when people are randomly being shot in pubic left and right, only an ignoramus goes around with a weapon in public and then wonders why someone called the cops.

I don't think it was just about race... my point is this one clearly was mostly about race. The 911 caller is a KNOWN racist. The kid was black... The cops were not black... it's about race like it or not. But yes you are correct the kid would be alive if he had a shopping cart and the gun was in it.

Sorry but the only people I've been hearing about running around doing a lot of shootings are the cops and gangbangers in some major metro type inner cities.

Oh and about people being scared... yeah that never happened. This kid never threatened anyone. The 911 caller was LYING. That kid did not point the gun at anyone. That 911 caller set up the black kid then sat back and watched him die. It was planned.

It was a clean shoot.
I don't believe that at all. The cops shot as they were saying their first words to him. He was talking to the mother of his kids on his cell phone & had no time to react before being executed. The police also caused the mother shopping next to them to die of a heart attack. The guy who called 911 was an evil asshole who got the cops on edge. Then they were very careless when they rushed in & executed the dude.

They should be protesting in Columbus, Ohio instead if Ferguson, Missouri.

Last edited:
A good run down on it..

In light of what recent events???

Police should not shoot people for openly carrying automatic weapons in public.

Why didn't they give John Crawford a chance to put down his gun???

Yes, up = not pointing at the ground, and certainly not leaning on it like a cane.
Yes or no is that gun in that pic pointing at the ground. If you say no you need to get your eye glass prescription updated.

How is that relevant? I mean we see one picture, we don't know what else he did with that gun.

He was on the phone.. apparently by the reports he was shot by one cop right when the other cop told to him to put it down.

Watch the video...

The cops came in and as soon as they came in they made one comment and shot the boy...

It's on video dude... those cops did not even give that boy 1second to live. Those cops turned the corner on the aisle where they had a shot and as one started to make a noise BOOM not even 1second goes by between those cops looking around the corner with rifle at shoulder... and BOOM the guy pulls the trigger like he's shooting a deer. The boy's gun was pointed to the ground he did not raise it at all... It was a killing. Killed for holding a bb gun. Not even killed for pointing it at someone killed for holding it.

That is a TERRIBLE video, and by the way I found a different one here, not sure if you've seen it

Anyway, I'm not making the argument that these police acted correctly. I'm making the argument that the kid was a moron. Yes, I think those police fired as too early, they didn't even confront the kid, however I've no doubt that they were yelling "police drop the weapon" or some variation as they came towards him. When they came around the corner the BB gun should have been on the ground.

Several witnesses state he was yelling "it's only a bb gun " as the police confronted him, if he had time to do that, he had time to drop the damned thing.

My only real question here is why aren't these cops using non lethals? A bean bag gun would have disarmed that kid.

Same with M Brown for me. I'm sorry the kid's choices led to his death, but ultimately they were his choices.

Just so we are all clear when a cop confronts someone who is holding what the manufacturers attempted to make look like a 'real gun' and the person who is holding the gun says to a cop "It's only a BB gun" then the cop is supposed to believe the person holding the gun? Ya fucking right pal.
Tell that to any cop on the planet and see what their reaction is.
You're stupid.
BTW a high powered BB gun can kill a fucking moose if it's hit in the right place. Today's high powered BB guns ARE NOT like the old 'Daisy' variety.

Watch the video...

Just so we are all clear when a cop confronts someone who is holding what the manufacturers attempted to make look like a 'real gun' and the person who is holding the gun says to a cop "It's only a BB gun" then the cop is supposed to believe the person holding the gun? Ya fucking right pal.
Tell that to any cop on the planet and see what their reaction is.
You're stupid.
BTW a high powered BB gun can kill a fucking moose if it's hit in the right place. Today's high powered BB guns ARE NOT like the old 'Daisy' variety.

The bb gun that kid had in his hand won't kill a rabbit let alone a moose. It might sting a bit if he shoots you with it.

Last edited:
A good run down on it..

Did you mean to say semi-automatic, aka pull the trigger one shot?

I don't think it was just about race... my point is this one clearly was mostly about race. The 911 caller is a KNOWN racist. The kid was black... The cops were not black... it's about race like it or not. But yes you are correct the kid would be alive if he had a shopping cart and the gun was in it.

Sorry but the only people I've been hearing about running around doing a lot of shootings are the cops and gangbangers in some major metro type inner cities.

Oh and about people being scared... yeah that never happened. This kid never threatened anyone. The 911 caller was LYING. That kid did not point the gun at anyone. That 911 caller set up the black kid then sat back and watched him die. It was planned.

To be clear, I wasn't saying people had a valid reason to be scared of this kid in particular , I was saying people have a valid reason to be scared when they see a gun in public.

Hey, I love guns as much, or more, than the next guy, but just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. There was no good reason for this kid to be wandering around Wal Mart acting like he was on a safari hunt or something.

And THAT is an entirely different argument than "did these cops handle the situation right?" because the answer to that is a clear no.

That "toy" gun looks like an assault rifle. This idiot took it out of the package, and was walking around like he was on patrol of WalMart.

Cops told him to drop the gun (which looks like an AK47), and HE REFUSED.

If you are carrying a gun, or a BB gun that LOOKS LIKE A GUN, and cops come and tell you to put it down..........Jesus Christ, have people really become THIS DUMB?

I don't know. Some articles say the cops just shot the guy without warning.

Well, if they said put it down, and he didn't, any movement at all could be a threat.

Don't you have to move to put it down?

Nooooow you're getting it

This article doesn't give the race but other articles i've read said he was black.

Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart | MSNBC

08/09/14 05:16 PM—
A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.
Gunna need a bit more to go on, b/c if he aimed it at the cops, they did what they were supposed to do.

really sad though.

and unfortunately, al sharpton was contacted so there will probably be riots

A good run down on it..

ok, that cop murdered that guy.

He does life or the chair

This article doesn't give the race but other articles i've read said he was black.

A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.
Gunna need a bit more to go on, b/c if he aimed it at the cops, they did what they were supposed to do.

really sad though.

Watch the video. He never aimed it at anyone.

911 call surveillance video together www.whio.com

That "toy" gun looks like an assault rifle. This idiot took it out of the package, and was walking around like he was on patrol of WalMart.

Cops told him to drop the gun (which looks like an AK47), and HE REFUSED.

If you are carrying a gun, or a BB gun that LOOKS LIKE A GUN, and cops come and tell you to put it down..........Jesus Christ, have people really become THIS DUMB?
Why did you lie?

really sad though.

Watch the video. He never aimed it at anyone.

911 call surveillance video together www.whio.com
yea, saw that

drop 'bang' the'bang' gun'bang' or 'bang' I'll 'bang' shoot. 'bang'

Forum List

Back