Man arrested outside Asheville airport as Obama leaves

I haven't assumed anything. I've just been wondering how someone is supicious for having a radio and an Ohio license plate on his car. I would think they'd need alittle more to do a stop.

Hell, you should see how they'd react to some Texas tags.:lol: Of course, I wouldn't walk out the door to see Herr Obama driving through my parking lot.

Not even with a sign that said something like, "I choose my own health care, keep your grubby paws out of my choices?"

Immie

Choice? Ve haf no choice in the Reich. You lif to serve the Motherland. Publik werks, anyone?

Hell, you should see how they'd react to some Texas tags.:lol: Of course, I wouldn't walk out the door to see Herr Obama driving through my parking lot.

Not even with a sign that said something like, "I choose my own health care, keep your grubby paws out of my choices?"

Immie

Choice? Ve haf no choice in the Reich. You lif to serve the Motherland. Publik werks, anyone?

You're right. I'm sorry, I forgot. :lol:

Immie

Interesting, is it not? The 'lefties' assume one thing and the 'right' assume something else. Personally, I prefer to have all the facts before I hang someone for having a gun, police scanner, etc in his car. On the other hand, WTF was he thinking doing having that shit anywhere near the rightfully elected POTUS?

Totally agree.

This guy did nothing illegal but he was suspicious as hell.

The police would have been looking for anything suspicious because of the POTUS.

Guy can't be that swift. Jeeze..

Oh well. The Arabs that carried 9/11 to fruition were suspicious as well, but their civil rights couldn't be violated.:rolleyes:

The link is no longer any good.

I wanted to go back and look was he actually arrested or just detained?

I didn't think he was actually arrested. I thought they detained him for questioning and if that is the case, were any of his civil rights violated? Do we have the right not to be questioned by the police?

As for probable cause, if the President is in the area and you see an unknown man intently watching the Airport, wouldn't that raise some suspicion and bring about probable cause?

Immie

Totally agree.

This guy did nothing illegal but he was suspicious as hell.

The police would have been looking for anything suspicious because of the POTUS.

Guy can't be that swift. Jeeze..

Oh well. The Arabs that carried 9/11 to fruition were suspicious as well, but their civil rights couldn't be violated.:rolleyes:

The link is no longer any good.

I wanted to go back and look was he actually arrested or just detained?

I didn't think he was actually arrested. I thought they detained him for questioning and if that is the case, were any of his civil rights violated? Do we have the right not to be questioned by the police?

As for probable cause, if the President is in the area and you see an unknown man intently watching the Airport, wouldn't that raise some suspicion and bring about probable cause?

Immie

If you're waiting on a google link to anything that supports conservatism, don't hold your breath. I've been watching them "mysteriously vanish" for years.

here is a working link;
Police: Gun found on man arrested at Asheville airport was loaded | citizen-times.com | Asheville Citizen-Times
from the article;
"ASHEVILLE — The Ohio man arrested Sunday at Asheville Regional Airport around the time President Obama left town was carrying a loaded handgun, according to airport police.

Joseph Sean McVey, 23, of Coshocton, Ohio, was arrested as he listened to radio scanner traffic in a rental parking lot on the edge of the airport."

and;

"Law enforcement told McVey they were already on their way. A short time later, he was detained at gunpoint, according to the documents. He was charged with a misdemeanor firearms offense."

So it appears that there was both a good reason to question him, and that he was arrested.

here is a working link;
Police: Gun found on man arrested at Asheville airport was loaded | citizen-times.com | Asheville Citizen-Times
from the article;
"ASHEVILLE — The Ohio man arrested Sunday at Asheville Regional Airport around the time President Obama left town was carrying a loaded handgun, according to airport police.

Joseph Sean McVey, 23, of Coshocton, Ohio, was arrested as he listened to radio scanner traffic in a rental parking lot on the edge of the airport."

and;

"Law enforcement told McVey they were already on their way. A short time later, he was detained at gunpoint, according to the documents. He was charged with a misdemeanor firearms offense."

So it appears that there was both a good reason to question him, and that he was arrested.

Really? Why? Because he exists and has a gun and radio equipment? I know of bout 3500 Marines in the same boat.

You DO know your history, right? Hitler vilified and killed anyone that wasn't politically prudent for him to have around?

Dissidents, I tell you. Oh wait ... isn't THAT what the left claims to stand for? :cuckoo:

here is a working link;
from the article;

and;

Really? Why? Because he exists and has a gun and radio equipment? I know of bout 3500 Marines in the same boat.

You DO know your history, right? Hitler vilified and killed anyone that wasn't politically prudent for him to have around?

Dissidents, I tell you. Oh wait ... isn't THAT what the left claims to stand for? :cuckoo:

Well, normally I would agree with you. The thing is though, I went to the last two years of HS at TC Roberson High, just a few miles from the Asheville airport.
We used to go out to the end of the runway and party when i was a kid. You can see the planes and all that, but its an empty area. That area is reallythe only part around the airport that isn't built up. So, that is likely where he was. Even when I was a kid, there were signs prohibiting firearms in that area. At that time the concern was probobly more like a stray bullet from some kid like me shooting rabbits would hit a plane.
I visited family last year, and that area now has signs that say you and your vehicle is subject to searches if you park there. The signs don't say you can't, justthat it is an area that is under observation, as it is right at the end of the runway.

The other thing is, people in NC just don't seem to carry firearms the way they do here in AZ, so I imagine someone armed, in an area at the end of the runway would be enough to cause people to call the police. the article in the Citizen times said that's what happened.

Just like with other laws, if he wasn't legal with his firearm, which he tacitly agreed to do when he came into the state, he should be charged.

Additionally, if he is in an area where "no firearms" is posted, I don't think it matters if the gun is legal or not. Even here in AZ, where most of us do carry guns, one would be arrested if one had a firearm in an area where it posted "no firearms".

If he was an Illegal alien then all the dems would be up in arms for racial profiling. and he would have a lawsuit already filed for descrimination!!!!

here is a working link;
from the article;

and;

Well, normally I would agree with you. The thing is though, I went to the last two years of HS at TC Roberson High, just a few miles from the Asheville airport.
We used to go out to the end of the runway and party when i was a kid. You can see the planes and all that, but its an empty area. That area is reallythe only part around the airport that isn't built up. So, that is likely where he was. Even when I was a kid, there were signs prohibiting firearms in that area. At that time the concern was probobly more like a stray bullet from some kid like me shooting rabbits would hit a plane.
I visited family last year, and that area now has signs that say you and your vehicle is subject to searches if you park there. The signs don't say you can't, justthat it is an area that is under observation, as it is right at the end of the runway.

The other thing is, people in NC just don't seem to carry firearms the way they do here in AZ, so I imagine someone armed, in an area at the end of the runway would be enough to cause people to call the police. the article in the Citizen times said that's what happened.

Just like with other laws, if he wasn't legal with his firearm, which he tacitly agreed to do when he came into the state, he should be charged.

Additionally, if he is in an area where "no firearms" is posted, I don't think it matters if the gun is legal or not. Even here in AZ, where most of us do carry guns, one would be arrested if one had a firearm in an area where it posted "no firearms".

What right do states have to usurp the US Constitution? This argument always seems to go in favor of who is making it. The left claims to want max freedoms, but support a fascist. The Constitution says the right to keep and bear arms "shall NOT be infringed".

Yet at every turn some state or another wants to defy the US Constitution.

So when are state's right's right, and when are they wrong? All I see are people swapping from one to the other as it is convenient to their argument.

The 10th Amendment: Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2nd Amendment: Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This isn't hard. As a basic amendment to the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment no only precedes the 10th, it also nullifies unconstitutional state laws that abound. The Constitution is clear. The states cannot usurp the Constitution and the Constitution cannot usurp the states. The being all too prevalent nowadays. That doesn't change the fact of this argument.

Clearly the Right granted in the Constitution supercedes any stupid local laws.

What right do states have to usurp the US Constitution? This argument always seems to go in favor of who is making it. The left claims to want max freedoms, but support a fascist. The Constitution says the right to keep and bear arms "shall NOT be infringed".

Yet at every turn some state or another wants to defy the US Constitution.

So when are state's right's right, and when are they wrong? All I see are people swapping from one to the other as it is convenient to their argument.

The 10th Amendment: Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2nd Amendment: Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This isn't hard. As a basic amendment to the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment no only precedes the 10th, it also nullifies unconstitutional state laws that abound. The Constitution is clear. The states cannot usurp the Constitution and the Constitution cannot usurp the states. The being all too prevalent nowadays. That doesn't change the fact of this argument.

Clearly the Right granted in the Constitution supercedes any stupid local laws.

I agree with you and the principles you espouse. That said, I also believe in the right of "home rule', or allowing a state or local government to make and enforce their own laws.

The thing is, if the signs were not there people would carry guns and we would all be safer. because it is posted "no firearms", the decent law abiding people don't do it. The only ones that do make themselves suspicious. That is a sad sad sad situation.

I am a firm believer that an armed society is a polite society. I say let everyone carry everywhere, except where a private property owner restricts it. I don't have to visit someone else's private property, and I also support private property rights.

here is a working link;
from the article;

and;

All that appears to have been from the January incident.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back