Man arrested outside Asheville airport as Obama leaves

I am skeptical of assumptions made from first reports. I am certain the police are performing an investigation. If it is reasonable suspicion of the intent to harm the president is found, they should lock him up.

Violence against our elected officials is unacceptable.

I am skeptical of assumptions made from first reports. I am certain the police are performing an investigation. If it is reasonable suspicion of the intent to harm the president is found, they should lock him up.

i agree, but this guy sounds like he won the loon lottery.

politics have nothing to do with it, imo.

He looks vewy scawy!!
bilde

He looks like he's twelve.

Funny how some on the right think no one should be detained when carrying a gun near the president but that its fine to stop people for walking while brown in Arizona.
:clap2:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Truthmatters again.

He could be harmless too.Like I said, he looks like he's twelve, and the previous link (not sure whose post) makes him out to be more of a geek than anything. The President's a geek (albeit a savvy geek), maybe they'll be friends someday, once the FBI explains protocol and how NOT to make oneself a person of interest.

He could be harmless too.Like I said, he looks like he's twelve, and the previous link (not sure whose post) makes him out to be more of a geek than anything. The President's a geek (albeit a savvy geek), maybe they'll be friends someday, once the FBI explains protocol and how NOT to make oneself a person of interest.

he could be, barb, but i still don't think his elevator goes all the way to the top floor. i think he needs some serious help. just my $0.02

he could be, barb, but i still don't think his elevator goes all the way to the top floor. i think he needs some serious help. just my $0.02

Well, the gun and sights are troubling. Shame to see a kid that young hang himself as irredeemable. Maybe the visit from the FBI will help his focus.

Of course you right-wing morons are defending the guy. The guy was fucking suspcicious with all of the radio scanners, a handgun, digital camera on his window, etc. That's fucking SCARY!

I have to agree with you he was suspicious, but I have to wonder what was so suspicious about this:

Police began questioning McVey after noticing his car's Ohio license plate and other equipment, including a digital camera on the dashboard and four large antennas on the trunk lid,

An Ohio license plate, digital camera and radio antennas? I don't find those items to be suspicious although in today's day and age I find the antennas to be odd. As they found the other things, I can understand the red flags, but I don't see what should have alerted them in the first place.

That being said as I read further on down the report the whole thing did seem very suspicious to me. Whether or not anything he did was illegal, I don't know but from the article, it seems to me like he was up to no good.

I am actually glad that whether or not the antennas were suspicious they did in fact check this out.

Unfortunate last name.

That's what I thought. Clearly, the McVeigh/MVey clan are a dangerous bunch who need to be rounded up and sent for re-education.

Me too. When I began to read the OP and saw his name, I actually thought it was just a joke. The further I got into the story, the less funny I found the entire thing. Then when I opened the link, I wasn't feeling comfortable at all.

Immie

Of course you right-wing morons are defending the guy. The guy was fucking suspcicious with all of the radio scanners, a handgun, digital camera on his window, etc. That's fucking SCARY!

What is scary about a camera and an Ohio license plate?

Last edited:

had this shoe been on the LEFT foot then these same cons would be
1. defending the police
2. using this as an example proving ALL liberals are prone to violence
3. demanding this person be executed (no need for a trial)

1. defending the police

Nope. Sure wouldn't have.

Course seeing flaws in arrests is becoming second nature for me and all. Kind of hard to put up a defense if you dont recognize them.

1. defending the police

you're projecting, i'm afraid.

Police began questioning McVey after noticing his car's Ohio license plate and other equipment, including a digital camera on the dashboard and four large antennas on the trunk lid, according to the case summary.
McVey got out of the car and started talking on a handheld radio attached to a remote earpiece, and the officer noticed he was wearing a sidearm. The officer and Secret Service agents asked for McVey's identification, and when they ran his driver's license number through a computer, it did not come back as valid, according to the summary.
When the officer asked what he was doing, McVey stated “he heard the president was in town. He stated he wanted to see the president,” according to the summary.
Officers removed McVey's Springfield XD 40 handgun and detained him.
While searching his Pontiac Grand Prix, investigators heard police department radio traffic, “indicating he was monitoring our frequency when he arrived.” Officers also found a siren box under his steering wheel, several pieces of paper with agency radio frequencies written on them and a sticky note in the cup holder with rifle scope formulas on them, according to the case summary.

Armed man arrested outside Asheville airport as Obama leaves | citizen-times.com | Asheville Citizen-Times

Nazis.

How? Because you don't have any? Maybe he thinks you having internet access is scary.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back