"Make America Great Again"?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
What does “Make America Great Again” really mean?

I mean, it’s a nice slogan, but words in context have a greater impact than when they are looked at singularly.

1. So, does the above slogan imply that we are NOT great right now? No longer “great”?
If so, who exactly is better than us and should we then call them great or greater than us?

1. Further, when EXACTLY were we so great that we’ve now abandoned that particular pedestal?
For that particular question, some time period would be helpful. Was it the 1950s, 1970s, 1980s. 1990s?

1. Finally, what specifically would it take to make us “great” again?
Would a larger army/navy/air force make us great again? Would a larger personal arsenal of weapons make us great again? Would a return to racial purity make us great again?

I mean, it’s a nice slogan, but words in context have a greater impact than when they are looked at singularly.

1. So, does the above slogan imply that we are NOT great right now? No longer “great”?
If so, who exactly is better than us and should we then call them great or greater than us?

1. Further, when EXACTLY were we so great that we’ve now abandoned that particular pedestal?
For that particular question, some time period would be helpful. Was it the 1950s, 1970s, 1980s. 1990s?

Would a larger army/navy/air force make us great again? Would a larger personal arsenal of weapons make us great again? Would a return to racial purity make us great again?
maybe republicans would want us to drop some nukes ?That would make us great again?

• Banned
maybe republicans would want us to drop some nukes ?That would make us great again?

Of course, that would depend on those prevailing world winds, don't you think? LOL

1950's and 1990's were strong decades and no to the rest of your post...

You are living in a dream world if you think today is the greatest America has ever been

For starters, I want all of you to pack up and leave. You are all illegal immigrants who have not been vetted properly. As a Native American, I demand you foreigners leave my country. Pick up your cans, bottles, and cups as you go.

• Banned
You are living in a dream world if you think today is the greatest America has ever been

That wasn't my point at all......
Let me ask more directly" "Which nation is 'greater' than us?" (careful, there)

and no to the rest of your post...

"NO" we are not currently great?

No to your questions about expanding our military, owning more weapons, and wanting to make America white only again...

That is not what would make this country great...

Rebuilding the middle class and allowing the average American the chance to succeed in owing their own small business would make America great again, and not being enslaved to Mega Corporations like Wal-Mart...

The party is over. The idiocracy is history and there is no way to fix it. Even if there was you have zero people smart enough or honest enough to do it. Its a ME ME ME society infatuated with celebrity and materialism.

Hey dummy, there has to be something wrong with us if we need to be fundamentally transformed as your dear leader says. Why didn't you demand regressives explain that one?
Or are you just being a smart ass hypocrite?

No to your questions about expanding our military, owning more weapons, and wanting to make America white only again...

Rebuilding the middle class and allowing the average American the chance to succeed in owing their own small business would make America great again, and not being enslaved to Mega Corporations like Wal-Mart...

I agree......but is it the government's role to "allow the average American the chance to succeed"......?

Why didn't you demand regressives explain that one?

Wait, I'm looking for my "moron-to-English" dictionary to decipher the above....it's here somewhere since I need it a lot when responding to right wingers.

I agree......but is it the government's role to "allow the average American the chance to succeed"......?

There should be a limited amount of regulations, and it is understandable that local and state governments should have more control over this than the Federal Government, well that is my opinion on that.

So does the Federal Government have a role in that?

They should not have a significant size role as they do now.

Obama leaving office?

Ask the democrats. They ARE the only party to ever drop nukes.
Only party in the ENTIRE world.

Forum List

Back