"Make America Great Again"...what do you think it means?

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
Why does that notion suck again?
All you deplorables heard the dog whistle. You know it means,” Make America WHITE again.”

Hypothetically speaking...if America were all white would it be a safer more productive nation? (Don't run away scared from this question)
FUCK....who in their right mind would want to live in a safer more productive nation? That's just plain retarded....isn't it? DIVERSITY BABY! Even at the expense of safety and productivity....HELL YEAH.....FUCKING DIVERSITY!
SHIT, I'm surprised American's aren't migrating to Somalia and Venezuela since we all want to live in dangerous shitholes surrounded by disgusting, immoral, lawless filth.

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
Why does that notion suck again?

A cross burning in every yard. 2 mules, a cow, 5 Black people and 10 Mexicans for every rich white person, a 14 cylinder car that gets .5 miles to the gallon and runs on orphan tears, baby harp seal toilet paper and a California condor feather filled mattress to sleep on.

....there were times when this country was better than it is today...

The bolded statement is not true.

That's why you don't understand the criticsm.

You don't get out much, do ya Doc.

Been to Detroit lately? How about Danville Illinois, or Youngstown Ohio, or Uniontown Pensylvania or Fairmont West Virginia or Cairo Illinois or Gary Indiana. Look at St Louis for Pete's sake...

Things ain't better brother. They are far, far worse. You're just not paying attention.

Been to Detroit lately? How about Danville Illinois, or Youngstown Ohio, or Uniontown Pensylvania or Fairmont West Virginia or Cairo Illinois or Gary Indiana. Look at St Louis for Pete's sake...

Things ain't better brother. They are far, far worse. You're just not paying attention.

:lol:

I've spent my whole life in the cities you're so terrified of.

And I stand by my statement.

Perhaps you'll answer the question that no one has been able to - when exactly was this "great" time?

Perhaps you'll answer the question that no one has been able to - when exactly was this "great" time?

If you've spent your whole life there, then why would you think I was terrified?

The obvious tie in of those places is there economic decline. Sure, Detroit ain't no picnic, but my wife's from Ypsilanti. My mom's from Uniontown, my cousin was a mine foreman in Fairmont, my uncle worked the steelmills in Youngstown, my best friend is from Little America Illinois. I'm usually in Gary once a week.

Danville is terrible...it was included because it is in especially sad economic shape.

St Louis has gone from a population of close to a million to a scant 400,000.

If you've lived in and around these places all your life, why didn't you immediately draw the connection?

Last edited:
To liberals it LITERALLY means:

Men marry, have kids and use the women's bathroom.

Fat women are the new skinny. Pretty women are looked down upon. Men are prettier than women.

The middle class is extinguished.

We don't protect our borders, country or other countries.

Everyone is paid the same regardless of value.

White people are the minority going into extinction.

Personal responsibility is replaced by government responsibility. Nobody is held accountable.

Everyone thinks the same. Everyone is delusional and controlled.

The police don't carry weapons.

Media overcomes the common brain with propaganda, delivered by the likes of filthy Lawrence O'Donnell.

Women and gays run shit.

Spanish displaces English.

Honesty becomes a thing of the past. Same with common sense.

You nailed it!

I forgot: Replace traditional values with no values or free-flowing values, and cleanse history.

If you've spent your whole life there, then why would you think I was terrified?

The obvious tie in of those places is there economic decline. Sure, Detroit ain't no picnic, but my wife's from Ypsilanti. My mom's from Uniontown, my cousin was a mine foreman in Fairmont, my uncle worked the steelmills in Youngstown, my best friend is from Little America Illinois. I'm usually in Gary once a week.

Danville is terrible...it was included because it is in especially sad economic shape.

If you've lived in and around these places all your life, why didn't you immediately draw the connection?

Do you believe that those cities you've mentioned are a bellwether for the country as a whole?

I'll ask you again - when exactly was America "greater" than it is now?

"Make America Great Again"
Considering, America began to become "Great", was during the timeline of the middle class becoming a strong force between the early 50's to the early 80's.
"Making America Great Again", would require the middle class to be strong again. Since the 1980's, middle class wages have remain basically flat and their share of the National Income has shrunk.
EPI-wealth-gap-chart.jpg
middle class national income.png
Based on the current tax reform plans, those who have gained the most since the 1980's, will gain the most by larger percentages of the individual benefits received.
This is not "Making America Great Again", this is an acceleration of what has made America less great.

theDoctorisIn said:

When Danville looked like this...

You know, before we started outsourcing our jobs to Mexico and China. Back when it was America first, when we levelled the playing field to protect American jobs.

Hell...I figure Dems would be the first ones to espouse this concept...that our foreign trade deals only work for the one percent that want to sell Coke and Big Macs to the Vietnamese. That while globalization may raise the Chinese standard of living, that rise comes at the cost of lowering the standard of living here. A rising tide may lift all boats, but when you ship a huge chunk of your water overseas, you lift their boats while your own citizens are left high and dry.

Trump wants to fix this. Fix the tax system, level the playing field to the point that the return on moving manufacturing overseas isn't worth the hassle.

Last edited:
"Make America Great Again"...what do you think it means?'

It means NOT taking Russian rubles to incite racial violence as the Democrats and their surrogate groups did, and it means exposing Mueller, Obama, Holder, and the Clintons for covering up the Russian Bribery / Extortion / Influence Purchasing scandal and treasonously allowing the Russians to purchase 20% of the US uranium supply.

:p

America was greatest during the Great Depression. Everything was cheap and dollars went a long way. Money talked.

"Perhaps you'll answer the question that no one has been able to - when exactly was this "great" time?"

Boy you're really struggling with this one aren't you?...It's got you all thrown for a loop...huh? Let me just go ahead and really ruin your hopes of leading someone down your twisted path.
The phrase "Make America Great Again" is ambiguous in nature by design. The phrase is not; "Make America The 1950's Again." The era or time frame in which America was better than today is highly subjective for obvious reasons.
You see, the phrase is really directed toward good people as kind of a call to action, a request that good quality legitimate people fight to restore the basic principles that constructed the foundation for greatness in this once great nation. Trust me, we're all well aware that bad people love shit the way it is....filth loves filth...twisted, immoral, unproductive weirdos love the anything goes free for all the U.S. has become. These disgusting subhumans hate standards and expectations...they hate the notion of anyone expecting better from them because deep down they know that becoming better for them really means becoming different.
Are you starting to get it now?

Do you believe that those cities you've mentioned are a bellwether for the country as a whole?

Yes. Those are just off the top of my head...The list is endless... Cleveland Cincinnati Wooster Lima Napoleon Fremont Circleville Dayton Columbus Canton Akron...thank God the Minerva area is seeing a resurgence due to fracking...Findlay, Toledo, Chillicothe...and that's just Ohio...all in decline...

I'm really pulling for Cairo Illinois. They should be like Dubuque Iowa, and Hannibal Missouri...turning their riverboat history into tourist dollars. But I fear the city is just too far gone to make a comeback.

Let me see
1. It means we're going back to limiting women from being able to work, get educated and throwing them back into the kitchen.
2. It means that human rights mean less and people are treated like shit as a pass time.
3. It means we have less freedom in our lives
4. most people were paid next to shit and were used as serfs to make the rich richer. This was before TR and FDR reformed things and added rights.
5. Disabled people were considered unable to work and thought of as a joke. Not something I want to see in my life time.

Lets just say that live was far harder and there was no mercy in the 19th century you want to take us back to. Is that really worth doing?

VERY well stated.

It also means that trump is ashamed of the US. So are RWNJ trumpanzees.

The trumpanzees have had no objection to Donny Two Scoops going from country to country and trashing the US. The love it.

They love that trump has ended our Number One status around the globe.

At the point in time that Americans were able to keep the most of their earnings. ;)

The point in time when what people earned got them more for their money.

The only thing that I see cheaper these days is TVs and electronics.

Let me see
1. It means we're going back to limiting women from being able to work, get educated and throwing them back into the kitchen.
2. It means that human rights mean less and people are treated like shit as a pass time.
3. It means we have less freedom in our lives
4. most people were paid next to shit and were used as serfs to make the rich richer. This was before TR and FDR reformed things and added rights.
5. Disabled people were considered unable to work and thought of as a joke. Not something I want to see in my life time.

Lets just say that live was far harder and there was no mercy in the 19th century you want to take us back to. Is that really worth doing?

VERY well stated.

It also means that trump is ashamed of the US. So are RWNJ trumpanzees.

The trumpanzees have had no objection to Donny Two Scoops going from country to country and trashing the US. The love it.

They love that trump has ended our Number One status around the globe.

Hell yes we're ashamed of what the U.S. has become. More importantly we're ashamed of what U.S. citizens have become. You whack-jobs have infiltrated and polluted the foundation of America and it's values.

Forum List

Back