Maine’s radical abortion desires is now confirmed to be bringing back Eugenics

No, you don’t you know jack shit about anything, per usual.

Equality doesn’t prioritize anyone over anyone. Right there on the tin - equal.

But anyone defending a Hitlerian kill the weak and infirm and disabled attitude has no chance of understanding and respecting equality.
Like Charles Limberg?

The article says the fetus has lethal skeletal dysplasia. I never heard of it so I looked it up. This is what it is.

This is not Downs Syndrome. This a a severe condition that is incompatible with life. The fetus is either still born or dies soon after birth from respiratory failure.

Why should a woman be forced to carry to term?
Well, no. Lethal skeletal dysplasia is also known as dwarfism. Everything depends on how bad the malformations are. Sometimes it is fatal shortly after birth. Sometimes the malformed joints and bones cause blinding pain. Particularly in children as the malformations grow. Sometimes, it results in Peter Dinklage.

I occurs in 2.4 of every 10,000 births. Very rare. It is not always discovered by ultrasound either. Of all situations where abortion is considered, this is not one in which some third party can insert their decisions in place of the affected parties. The dilemma facing the family, the mother, is whether the chance of just having a dwarf instead of a child never knowing a moment without debilitating pain is one they want to take. This goes beyond the mother. A Christian, a good God respecting Christian should really do no more than advise this woman to pray for guidance and pray for guidance for her. Then consider any decision she makes is divinely directed.

No, you don’t you know jack shit about anything, per usual.

Equality doesn’t prioritize anyone over anyone. Right there on the tin - equal.

But anyone defending a Hitlerian kill the weak and infirm and disabled attitude has no chance of understanding and respecting equality.
It isn’t equality. Do you give your sperm equality?

You cannot be this stupid, it's not possible. Claiming Sanger was anything but a racist is idiocy on the level of claiming the Earth is flat.

I am not pro-life. The contrary, I am 100% pro-abortion. (Not pro-choice, pro-abortion.)
Sanger received the NAACP humanitarian award

Well, no. Lethal skeletal dysplasia is also known as dwarfism. Everything depends on how bad the malformations are. Sometimes it is fatal shortly after birth. Sometimes the malformed joints and bones cause blinding pain. Particularly in children as the malformations grow. Sometimes, it results in Peter Dinklage.

I occurs in 2.4 of every 10,000 births. Very rare. It is not always discovered by ultrasound either. Of all situations where abortion is considered, this is not one in which some third party can insert their decisions in place of the affected parties. The dilemma facing the family, the mother, is whether the chance of just having a dwarf instead of a child never knowing a moment without debilitating pain is one they want to take. This goes beyond the mother. A Christian, a good God respecting Christian should really do no more than advise this woman to pray for guidance and pray for guidance for her. Then consider any decision she makes is divinely directed.
There are actually multiple syndromes lumped under ”dwarfism”, which is why I looked it up. Thanatophoric skeletal dysplasia is one that almost always results in still birth or death shortly after birth. I do agree that when it comes to severe birth defects or genetic syndromes, the choice must be up to the pregnant woman.

You cannot be this stupid, it's not possible. Claiming Sanger was anything but a racist is idiocy on the level of claiming the Earth is flat.

I am not pro-life. The contrary, I am 100% pro-abortion. (Not pro-choice, pro-abortion.)
She wasn’t a racist, or at least not any more than the average white person of her era. That claim is based on a distortion of things she said. She WAS a proponent of eugenics, a growing movement in that era. She supported freedom from enforced motherhood, particularly for the poor but also supported limiting and discouraging the “mentally and physically defective” from reproducing. She was not a propon of abortion.

Like a lot of great people she left a complicated legacy, no different than our founders who were also slave owners. IMO, it doesn’t diminish what she did: give freedom from an endless cycle of births and the poverty and physical degradation that often accompanied it.

Maybe you should check your prescription then.

Not killing the disabled makes me the same as a eugenicist who targets the disabled and dying for death?

GFY.
Not disabled. The child has a 100% chance of dying in the womb or within hours of birth. The chance of survival is, exactly, zero.
You dodged the issue.
He always does. He deflects, insults, spams, trolls.

Not disabled. The child has a 100% chance of dying in the womb or within hours of birth. The chance of survival is, exactly, zero.
So a fatal disability.
Also known as a terminal condition.

So what? No relevance whatsoever.

If someone is going to die, a humane clinician keeps them comfortable and palliates symptoms. We do not maliciously kill them.

You don’t know that. ‘Miraculous events happen (my grandmother was born at 4.5 months and written off for dead in the 1930s, she lived)

Hence, why this rabbit hole is so dangerous to begin going down.

Get your hands off this life and let it try to exist, it’s the only chance at life it’ll ever get, and you want to ensure it’s 0.

So a fatal disability.
Also known as a terminal condition.

So what? No relevance whatsoever.

If someone is going to die, a humane clinician keeps them comfortable and palliates symptoms. We do not maliciously kill them.
And again, a woman’s body is reduced to a function, divorced from her being.

And again, a woman’s body is reduced to a function, divorced from her being.
You think having children takes away a woman’s humanity??

Women are rightly glorified and valued because of the superpower of child birth they have. It’s a wonderful thing women do, yet you see it as a curse and punishment

If you desire to be bitter and childless, go ahead. But don’t get mad when others dont want that sad life

You think having children takes away a woman’s humanity??

Women are rightly glorified and valued because of the superpower of child birth they have. It’s a wonderful thing women do, yet you see it as a curse and punishment

If you desire to be bitter and childless, go ahead. But don’t get mad when others dont want that sad life
I think forcing her to carry a non-viable pregnancy to term is not valuing her.

Valuing her is giving her the right to make her own choices.

A blessing can become a punishment when that is taken from her. Forced childbearing is not a blessing.

You don’t know that. ‘Miraculous events happen (my grandmother was born at 4.5 months and written off for dead in the 1930s, she lived)

Hence, why this rabbit hole is so dangerous to begin going down.

Get your hands off this life and let it try to exist, it’s the only chance at life it’ll ever get, and you want to ensure it’s 0.
You act as if the mother is irrelevant.

It’s not race specific, but the slippery slope easily allows it.

But the logic:

Old Maine Law: “Kids beyond 24 mos are protected!”

Person: “But my 8 month old has a bad disease and I don’t want the burden”

What Maine should have said: “too bad, they are a human and deserve protection, buck up and be a parent to this poor child, and if you’re too weak to do that give it up for adoption to someone better who can take on your poor choices”

What Maine said: “F*CK EM! Have a freebie! And that goes for anyone!”
A freebie? Wow.

Maine Governor Janet Mills, a Democrat, credited the case of Maine woman Dana Peirce as justification for the expanded legalization of abortion.

At eight months pregnant, Peirce wanted to abort her unborn son after he was diagnosed with a genetic mutation called lethal skeletal dysplasia, as reported by the Portland Press Herald. Peirce ultimately traveled to Colorado for an abortion because Maine law prohibits post-viability abortions where the mother’s life or health are not jeopardized. The law does allow elective abortions up to viability, generally recognized at 24 weeks.

“No Maine person should have to endure the same physical, emotional, psychological, and financial burden that Dana and her family had to in order to receive medical care,” stated Mills.

So, if a baby has skeletal dysplasia? Completely expendable.. kill it.. at 8 months. Save people/society from the “burden” of these monsters

What’s next? Downs Syndrome? Wrong color? Wrong sex? Poor family? Depressed mother?

Margaret Sanger would be proud

Here’s a F*cking thought… think for a second before you partake in an act that is designed to produce children if you don’t want children (or take the widely available precautions)

And yes, that means taking whatever is created, this isn’t a menu. If you want a specific type of child and want to kill it if it’s not what you wanted.. you never really wanted children. You’d be a weak person falling short of the call of unconditional loving parenthood
Obviously you should be in charge of everybody's family planning.

Forum List

Back