MAGA, Trump trying to save Chinese jobs....

My take on political discourse in America cica 2018

Do+some+gardening+bitch_467a05_5127938.gif

Are you suggesting that most people don't have a clue what's going on?
No

Just you.

:beer:

BUT seriously, this is really just a matter of a difference of opinion

What is different is that the divide is too great to reach common ground, this is more true now than ever before in this country (with the possible exception of 1860)

I approve of what Trump is doing and believe we are in better shape because of him

And I fear for my country, not because "I'm right and you're wrong"
BUT because there does not seem to be any in between

Yes, it's a matter of difference of opinion.

Some opinions are based on history, based on what's happening. Others are based on what they want the believe.

If you go back to 2007, you'll see many similarities with today.

North Korea to Close Reactor in Exchange for Aid

"North Korea to Close Reactor in Exchange for Aid"

FEB. 13, 2007

Sen. Lindsey Graham on "Face the Nation" says North Korea aid in exchange for denuclearization would be "best money we ever spent," - CBS News

"
North Korea aid in exchange for denuclearization would be "best money we ever spent," Graham says"

May 13, 2018

11 years apart, same shit.

It took North Korea 2 years to get back to nuclear testing last time.

Are things working this time? No, they're not.

North Korea Threatens To Cancel Summit With Donald Trump Over Military Drills

"
North Korea Threatens To Cancel Summit With Donald Trump Over Military Drills"

Ah, are things close to a peace agreement? No, they're no closer now than they were in 2007. And they weren't close in 2007.

This is based on what is happening now, and what happened before. It's based on an understand of what the Kims want, what North Korea is, not on a desire, a desperate need, for Trump to be right.

Some opinions are based on history, based on what's happening. Others are based on what they want the believe.
This is not about aid

This is about China finally getting on board and forcing concessions

I didn't say it was about aid. Sigh.

Forcing concessions? Well nothing is going to happen. Concessions happened in 2007. Then what?

You seriously need to read up on what happened in 2007 before making comments that are the same as what happened in 2007.

Trump probably thinks he can treat the country's debt like his personal finances! He's already promised not to sign another one of those omnibus bills as before! What will he say to the Chinese, "I'll tell you what; I'll give you 49 cents on the dollar!" When will this all blow up in our faces with this jackarse? What a situation we're in! :114: :14: :206: :ack-1:
That's not how US T-bills operate.

Tell that to Trump! He's the one that's clueless when it comes to economics, the deficit, and The Nat'l Debt! :102:
Is that why every segment of the economy is humming?

Yeah...Toys R. Us has expanded into selling store fixtures, shopping carts, entire buildings!!!!
While brick and mortar Toys R Us may be the center of the universe to you, it is a dinosaur in this booming economy.

I'm sure it was the center of the universe to the 10-20 thousand employees that are the latest victims of the Trump economy

Are you suggesting that most people don't have a clue what's going on?
No

Just you.

:beer:

BUT seriously, this is really just a matter of a difference of opinion

What is different is that the divide is too great to reach common ground, this is more true now than ever before in this country (with the possible exception of 1860)

I approve of what Trump is doing and believe we are in better shape because of him

And I fear for my country, not because "I'm right and you're wrong"
BUT because there does not seem to be any in between

pfft...

45% of the electorate (not population) chose not to vote in 2016

Even fewer will cast ballots this November.

If you want to "fear for your country", fear it's apathy. It is incredibly unlikely that the 45% who choose not to vote in the General Elections are active locally or cast ballots locally (especially since many localities time their elections to coincide with the GE).

In this forum and on social media, you get attention for being a hardliner so, shock of shocks, the "look at me" generation does what gets them attention. If you held the average person's feet to the fire here and asked them to seriously examine their positions, they would change and you'd see more fissures than commonality; each fissure lends itself to the gray area between the extremes.

One of my favorite things to do is point it out. Ask any Trump supporter if they voted for any of the supposed "swamp" people and you'll get a War and Peace length of gobblety-gook but no answer. Why? Because it puts space between them and their stated positions. IF any would answer honestly...I would ask them what they are so afraid of....

You seriously need to read up on what happened in 2007 before making comments that are the same as what happened in 2007.
China did not part ipate in sanctions in '07, not anything that had an impact

Really?

Six-party talks - Wikipedia

"
The six-party talks aimed to find a peaceful resolution to the security concerns as a result of the North Korean nuclear weapons program. There was a series of meetings with six participating states in Beijing:[1]

Also, in the present day, China put sanctions on North Korea, and then broke those sanctions a million times.

China condemns sanctions

China condemns US sanctions over N Korea

"
China condemns US sanctions over 'North Korea funding'"

Then breaks sanctions

US claim Chinese companies violate North Korea sanctions | Daily Mail Online

"Old Kim Coal: US officials release satellite photographs which 'show China flouting sanctions by docking in North Korea and loading up on fuel'"

He put pressure on China and forced NK to the table

In Israel, he kept his promise and affirmed Israel's right to declare their own capital

He's done a great job all around and most people see it
Breaking news, NK just squat shat on Trump.

He put pressure on China and forced NK to the table

In Israel, he kept his promise and affirmed Israel's right to declare their own capital

He's done a great job all around and most people see it

Put pressure on China? How? By helping to save jobs over there?

As far as N. Korea, they have only SAID that there will be a summit, but that is looking less and less likely. N. Korea isn't at the table yet dude.

As far as Israel? He caused more trouble with Palestine that it was worth, and the US has now lost their seat at the Mideast peace process.

Forum List

Back