MAGA, Trump trying to save Chinese jobs....

WASHINGTON – A mere 72 hours after the Chinese government agreed to put a half-billion dollars into an Indonesian project that will personally enrich Donald Trump, the president ordered a bailout for a Chinese-government-owned cellphone maker.

“President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump announced on Twitter Sunday morning. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”

Trump did not mention in that tweet or its follow-ups that on Thursday, the developer of a theme park resort outside of Jakarta had signed a deal to receive as much as $500 million in Chinese government loans, as well as another $500 million from Chinese banks, according to Agence France-Presse. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, has a deal to license the Trump name to the resort, which includes a golf course and hotels.

Trump Orders Help For Chinese Phone-Maker After China Approves Money For Trump Project | HuffPost
LOL HuffPo...not legit source AND President Trump doesn't run ANY of his companies anymore he is busy fixing 8 years of Hussein Obama's mess.

Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project

And you give a fuck why? We don't manufacture cell phones in this country, and, due to past incompetent trade deals, we owe China over a trillion dollars. If Trump is making a deal to relieve some of this debt, why not?
How is this deal going to reduce the debt?

Trump probably thinks he can treat the country's debt like his personal finances! He's already promised not to sign another one of those omnibus bills as before! What will he say to the Chinese, "I'll tell you what; I'll give you 49 cents on the dollar!" When will this all blow up in our faces with this jackarse? What a situation we're in! :114: :14: :206: :ack-1:
That's not how US T-bills operate.

Tell that to Trump! He's the one that's clueless when it comes to economics, the deficit, and The Nat'l Debt! :102:
Is that why every segment of the economy is humming?

Yeah...Toys R. Us has expanded into selling store fixtures, shopping carts, entire buildings!!!!

Trump turns his attention to jobs in China as ZTE struggles with ban

"
When US President Donald Trump talks about saving jobs, it is usually American jobs he is making promises about.

But in a surprise move, Mr Trump has said he wants to help Chinese telecoms company ZTE Corp get "back into business", as too many jobs in China are at risk.

As US officials prepared for talks in Washington with China this week, Mr Trump wrote on Twitter: "President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast."

Yep, another Trump flip flop.
Funny how you don't include his FOLLOW UP tweet as to WHY he is doing this which is because ZTE buys TONS of parts from US based companies ZTE goes out of business those companies lose a LOT of money and lay off workers.

Funny how you're looking for excuses.

Firstly, "MAGA" and all that shit isn't about doing the right thing, it's about doing what looks good. Then he goes and does things that don't look good.

So, he makes a law which doesn't benefit the US. Only, it looks good. He acts tough on China.

All the people opposed to Trump have been saying for ages that such a trade war will HURT the US. Pro-Trump people have been saying they'd win the trade war.

Trade war starts and then Trump's like "shit, it might hurt America" like his opponents have been saying for ages. So he then makes exception after exception until his trade war is no longer a trade war. Only, his idiot supporters think there's a trade war and they think, somehow (maybe think is the wrong word) Trump has been a success.

All the while nothing has changed, except Trump has taken credit for shit that didn't happen, and he's taken credit for trying to fix the problems he caused and only put the US back where it started.

And you're looking for excuses to make Trump look good.

Either you have a trade war, or you don't.
Keep whining. We know you hate America and American workers. Its as simple as that. Like I said its EXACTLY why you didn't bring up his tweet AFTER that.

This isn't whinging for fuck's sake.

This is stating THE TRUTH.

Your "Keep whining" shows you won't see reality for what it is. You want so desperately for Trump to be right, but your argument is weaken that water passing as tea. Which is why you come up with things like "Keep whining".

I didn't bring up some fucking tweet after that because I made MY FUCKING ARGUMENT.
And you are WRONG. ZTE uses parts from USA companies if ZTE goes out of business THOSE AMERICAN COMPANIES LOSE WORKERS!

Really? What parts are those?

Give the freaking guy a break. Nobody on the left even blinked when Barry Hussein shipped billions of U.S. dollars in freaking boxcar pallets to a country that promotes terrorism and we didn't even get our captive back. President Trump says he wants to help China get a telecom company back on it's feet and the angry crazy nearly psychotic left has a hissy fit.

I usually do not play the "what about" game but are you serious....can you imagine the fallout from the right if this had happened in 2015?

Why should China give a crap about saving American jobs if we don't reciprocate? The supplier in question can't operate IN CHINA without our components....Trump embargoed them. So China yelps and Trump relents and sends them the stuff they need to stay in business IN CHINA, not here. Our leftist nitwits don't have a clue about commerce...they are either government clerks, call-center stooges, or unemployed.

Dumbest

"
When US President Donald Trump talks about saving jobs, it is usually American jobs he is making promises about.

But in a surprise move, Mr Trump has said he wants to help Chinese telecoms company ZTE Corp get "back into business", as too many jobs in China are at risk.

As US officials prepared for talks in Washington with China this week, Mr Trump wrote on Twitter: "President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast."

Funny how you don't include his FOLLOW UP tweet as to WHY he is doing this which is because ZTE buys TONS of parts from US based companies ZTE goes out of business those companies lose a LOT of money and lay off workers.

Firstly, "MAGA" and all that shit isn't about doing the right thing, it's about doing what looks good. Then he goes and does things that don't look good.

So, he makes a law which doesn't benefit the US. Only, it looks good. He acts tough on China.

All the people opposed to Trump have been saying for ages that such a trade war will HURT the US. Pro-Trump people have been saying they'd win the trade war.

Trade war starts and then Trump's like "shit, it might hurt America" like his opponents have been saying for ages. So he then makes exception after exception until his trade war is no longer a trade war. Only, his idiot supporters think there's a trade war and they think, somehow (maybe think is the wrong word) Trump has been a success.

All the while nothing has changed, except Trump has taken credit for shit that didn't happen, and he's taken credit for trying to fix the problems he caused and only put the US back where it started.

Keep whining. We know you hate America and American workers. Its as simple as that. Like I said its EXACTLY why you didn't bring up his tweet AFTER that.

Your "Keep whining" shows you won't see reality for what it is. You want so desperately for Trump to be right, but your argument is weaken that water passing as tea. Which is why you come up with things like "Keep whining".

I didn't bring up some fucking tweet after that because I made MY FUCKING ARGUMENT.
And you are WRONG. ZTE uses parts from USA companies if ZTE goes out of business THOSE AMERICAN COMPANIES LOSE WORKERS!

You mean the retard didn't realize that this is what happens in a trade war?

WASHINGTON – A mere 72 hours after the Chinese government agreed to put a half-billion dollars into an Indonesian project that will personally enrich Donald Trump, the president ordered a bailout for a Chinese-government-owned cellphone maker.

“President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump announced on Twitter Sunday morning. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”

Trump did not mention in that tweet or its follow-ups that on Thursday, the developer of a theme park resort outside of Jakarta had signed a deal to receive as much as $500 million in Chinese government loans, as well as another $500 million from Chinese banks, according to Agence France-Presse. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, has a deal to license the Trump name to the resort, which includes a golf course and hotels.

Trump Orders Help For Chinese Phone-Maker After China Approves Money For Trump Project | HuffPost
LOL HuffPo...not legit source AND President Trump doesn't run ANY of his companies anymore he is busy fixing 8 years of Hussein Obama's mess.

There is no law that the president can't run his own business. He just can't take bribes.

Last edited:
But he did use donated money to pay bills. We know that for a fact.

"

I'm only wrong if I cherry pick.

The steel tariffs imposed by Trump were predicted to lose jobs for US companies and US workers that use steel and aluminum. It was also predicted to raise the price of products that use steel and aluminum.

So, why not stop the tariffs knowing that US jobs were at threat?

If his policy were one of protecting US jobs at all costs, he'd not have started a trade war. Simple as.

Now he's started the trade war and US and Chinese jobs are threatened, he pulls back from the trade war.

So what's Trump's policy?

Trade war or jobs?

Why should China give a crap about saving American jobs if we don't reciprocate? The supplier in question can't operate IN CHINA without our components....Trump embargoed them. So China yelps and Trump relents and sends them the stuff they need to stay in business IN CHINA, not here. Our leftist nitwits don't have a clue about commerce...they are either government clerks, call-center stooges, or unemployed.

The problem is that the "rightist nitwits" didn't see this coming ages ago.

This is EXACTLY what the people on the left were saying a year ago. Don't start a trade war because it'll lose jobs.

You lot were like "no, we need a trade war and we'll win".

Now, you've turned 180 degrees and are saying the exactly opposite.

And supposedly those on the left are nitwits.

You have no clue to what is going on.
Trump put the screws to China to help force NK to capitulate.
NK capitulated and so now the screws are being loosened.

Art of the Deal.

But, but, but.....you forgot the part about Papa Bear and the porridge.....lol

(NK has "capitulated"???,,,,,,The things one "learns"from these Trump ass-kissers are amazing.)

Who could have thought trade wars would be so complicated?

Not at all

It is another example of Trump winning in negotiations though

I see, fuck it all up, put it back together and tell everyone how great you are that you got it back to how it was....

You people are delusional.

We said "this won't be good" and you lot were like "we'll win", now you're saying "this won't be good" and criticizing others for having said that all along.

Huh?

Not at all

I see, fuck it all up, put it back together and tell everyone how great you are that you got it back to how it was....

We said "this won't be good" and you lot were like "we'll win", now you're saying "this won't be good" and criticizing others for having said that all along.

Huh?
See, this is how negotiating works

Both sides find a way to win

Trump has been brilliant on foreign policy

It does not help is FOR Chinese companies to fail

Not at all

Huh?
See, this is how negotiating works

Both sides find a way to win

Trump has been brilliant on foreign policy

It does not help is FOR Chinese companies to fail

Brilliant if you ignore almost everything he's done.

Basically your argument is that this is Trump's foreign policy and not Trump playing games in order to get people with no clue to think he's actually done something.

What, exactly, has Trump done in foreign policy?

1) Got North Korea/South Korea negotiations back to about where they were in 2007.
All the signs are that they'll fail again and in a few years time North Korea will be back testing nukes
Also, he's offered to give North Korea a shit load of money.

2) Israel/Palestine, he's got a lot of people killed, emboldened Israel to cause more trouble, making a cycle of violence similar to what Sharon did that ended up doing nothing.

3) Getting Qatar embargoed by its neighbors. Emboldening Saudi Arabia to be a major player in the region, yes, that'd be the Saudi Arabia that treats women like slaves.

Anything else?

Oh. 4) He's pissed off his closes allies.

He put pressure on China and forced NK to the table

In Israel, he kept his promise and affirmed Israel's right to declare their own capital

He's done a great job all around and most people see it

He put pressure on China and forced NK to the table

In Israel, he kept his promise and affirmed Israel's right to declare their own capital

He's done a great job all around and most people see it

Did he?

Could it not be that North Korea WANTED to get to the table?

They've done this before.

Oh, so he moved an embassy to Jerusalem. And people are going nuts......

Most people see it? Are you suggesting that most people don't have a clue what's going on?

How is this deal going to reduce the debt?

Trump probably thinks he can treat the country's debt like his personal finances! He's already promised not to sign another one of those omnibus bills as before! What will he say to the Chinese, "I'll tell you what; I'll give you 49 cents on the dollar!" When will this all blow up in our faces with this jackarse? What a situation we're in! :114: :14: :206: :ack-1:
That's not how US T-bills operate.

Tell that to Trump! He's the one that's clueless when it comes to economics, the deficit, and The Nat'l Debt! :102:
Is that why every segment of the economy is humming?

Yeah...Toys R. Us has expanded into selling store fixtures, shopping carts, entire buildings!!!!
While brick and mortar Toys R Us may be the center of the universe to you, it is a dinosaur in this booming economy.

Are you suggesting that most people don't have a clue what's going on?
No

Just you.

:beer:

BUT seriously, this is really just a matter of a difference of opinion

What is different is that the divide is too great to reach common ground, this is more true now than ever before in this country (with the possible exception of 1860)

I approve of what Trump is doing and believe we are in better shape because of him

And I fear for my country, not because "I'm right and you're wrong"
BUT because there does not seem to be any in between

Forum List

Back