lunchbox cops and the truth squad

she did say the child eats her veggies at home under mom's supervison. she sounds like a responsible mother.
i find this to be very disturbing, another example of state intrusion and the obama's making better decisons "for the good of the people" than the american parent can.
What does Obama have to do with this? It's a state law.

the agent inspects every luch box ?? really ?? you can drink 1 % milk but not two ??
is this preconditioning for patdowns and surprise locker inspections.

what about bookburning and mandatory secularism ?? ?? how about brain implants so you vote for a democrat party candidate ??

North Carolina's state legislature is controlled by Republicans, not Democrats.

Republicans can be idiot nanny state individuals as well. Bozo ideas can be bipartisan. ETA: I'm all for nutritious lunches but to have a "food guard" on staff when schools can't afford books or more teachers is to me just crazy.

This is what I don't get. The lunch met the guidelines. Go figure.

The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the agent who was inspecting all lunch boxes in her More at Four classroom that day.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines.

That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables

Turkey = Meat
Cheese = Milk
Bread = Grain
Banana = 1x Fruit/Veg
Apple Juice = 1x Fruit/Veg

Good find on that. Truth is, not every meal is 'complete.' A serving of tomato based spaghetti, where the sauce has other veggies pureed in, then a serving on the side with a vegetable, takes care of more than a days worth of vegetable serving.

Granted the body gets rid of excess with that sort of meal, but the gist stays. The child doesn't care for raw veggies in all likelihood, which is why mom isn't including them in the lunch. How dare she say the child isn't getting them at other times, via other ways?

there was no doubt that stephonopolous was planting the seeds for the prophylactic inititive. but now we have a truth squad (i thought that's what attackwatch was for)
but rush was talking about food law enforcement today when a little girl in preschool had the lunch her mom packed taken away and she was forced to eat chicken mignuggets.
she had a turkey and cheese sandwich with chips and a bananna and apple juice.

is this the new alinsky ? obama is frustrated cause he can't force congress to do certain things. does he really need congress or the supreme court ?? why not just have fucking media matters write a new constitution....

Rush Limbaugh Report: The Food Police are in our schools

Did RUSH LIMBAUGH happen to mention that North Carolina is also a RED state controlled by the RW GOP? :confused:

i'm pretty sure there are no red states or blue states... only american states. if this is connected to the union in any way, people will talk. and yes the obama's are inserting their government into everything social.

"i get frustrated when i can't force congress to do what i want.... " really barack ? you lunatic.

I'd say that too had you pointed out to me that this happened in a BLUE state. :eusa_whistle:

But facts are facts and I can think of better places to get them instead of Rush Limbaugh. :eusa_eh:

After Wash blamed Obama then he finds out the state is Republican controlled then he flips to "there is no red state or blue states"

:rofl:

After Wash blamed Obama then he finds out the state is Republican controlled then he flips to "there is no red state or blue states"

it's a movie reference from "how i executed bin laden and saved the world".
so what if it had happened in chicago, what colour would that make it.

your helping to prove that obama is dividing us up by colour.

again .... my point, why do we have strangers interrupting/intercepting our childrens' lunchboxs??... that's sacred territory in my mind.

Last edited:

There's nothing funny about government intrusions, whichever level we're referring to. I don't give a damn if it was from the governor, the legislators or the principal, none of them have the right for that sort of dictating.

Did RUSH LIMBAUGH happen to mention that North Carolina is also a RED state controlled by the RW GOP? :confused:

i'm pretty sure there are no red states or blue states... only american states. if this is connected to the union in any way, people will talk. and yes the obama's are inserting their government into everything social.

"i get frustrated when i can't force congress to do what i want.... " really barack ? you lunatic.

I'd say that too had you pointed out to me that this happened in a BLUE state. :eusa_whistle:

But facts are facts and I can think of better places to get them instead of Rush Limbaugh. :eusa_eh:

Here you go. The facts are the facts. More at link.

RAEFORD — A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because a state employee told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious.

The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the agent who was inspecting all lunch boxes in her More at Four classroom that day.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home.

When home-packed lunches do not include all of the required items, child care providers must supplement them with the missing ones.

The girl’s mother — who said she wishes to remain anonymous to protect her daughter from retaliation — said she received a note from the school stating that students who did not bring a “healthy lunch” would be offered the missing portions, which could result in a fee from the cafeteria, in her case $1.25.

“I don't feel that I should pay for a cafeteria lunch when I provide lunch for her from home,” the mother wrote in a complaint to her state representative, Republican G.L. Pridgen of Robeson County.

The girl’s grandmother, who sometimes helps pack her lunch, told Carolina Journal that she is a petite, picky 4-year-old who eats white whole wheat bread and is not big on vegetables.

“What got me so mad is, number one, don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunch box properly,” the girl’s mother told CJ. “I pack her lunchbox according to what she eats. It always consists of a fruit. It never consists of a vegetable. She eats vegetables at home because I have to watch her because she doesn’t really care for vegetables.”

Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggets”

Last edited:

again .... my point, why do we have strangers interrupting/intercepting our childrens' lunchboxs??... that's sacred territory in my mind.

You'll blame Obama for anything. First you blamed him for the lunch incident now you are blaming him that he is dividing us after you said it was Obamas fault. Obama made you create that dividing post.

When ya wrong...change the subject.

You'll blame Obama for anything. First you blamed him for the lunch incident now you are blaming him that he is dividing us after you said it was Obamas fault. Obama made you create that dividing post.

No water here, the irony is too exposed.

What does Obama have to do with this? It's a state law.

North Carolina's state legislature is controlled by Republicans, not Democrats.

Republicans can be idiot nanny state individuals as well. Bozo ideas can be bipartisan.

This is what I don't get. The lunch met the guidelines. Go figure.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs — including in-home day care centers — to meet USDA guidelines.

That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables

Turkey = Meat
Cheese = Milk
Bread = Grain
Banana = 1x Fruit/Veg
Apple Juice = 1x Fruit/Veg

I agree with you, for the most part. Clearly, in this case, it's just a school trying to pad their lunchroom budget.

I remember lunch room monitors who were teachers of a volunteer parent, Not a State Agent. And at what cost in this day and age.

And there would be children who really weren't getting good lunches on a continual basis and the monitor would be able to handle the situation in a tactful manner.

My eldest daughter was "little miss feed the planet". She'd share with the kids that didn't have enough.:eusa_angel: Bless her soul.

I can't wrap my brain around a State agent. I really want to know now though if those nuggets were deep fried and in what?

The child's lunch seemed to have met the standards better than deep fried nuggets.:lol:

obama is the subject. this nutrition police didn't start with laura bush's literacy efforts.
don't/didn't you watch sesame st. ?

why is the government opening my kid's lunchbox ??

it's really about the birth certificate, so i guess this thread will be in conspiracy theories tomorrow... nothing to do with the obamavich's...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Nanny State, of the Obamanation. Where you're sack lunch isn't good enough and you can't throw a frisbee on a beach.

The sack lunch that the mother packed is healthy. Chicken nuggets aren't. The Chicago school should be investigating for promoting unhealthy eating habits.

So take it up with that Chicago school, they've had that rule in place for 6 years.

Not to mention, apparently they have one of the best school lunch programs in the country.
Yeah, the best includes unhealthy stuff like chicken nuggets. Stupid lefty school thinking they know better than the parents when they don't.

The ban on bringing lunch from home at that Chicago school has been in place for 6 years. Obama has nothing to do with it, no matter how much you want to stretch it.

Truth Squad and Attack Watch are the same thing.

So democrats have been lunch nazis for 6 years.

At least Obama is clean.......Oh brother..................

The sack lunch that the mother packed is healthy. Chicken nuggets aren't. The Chicago school should be investigating for promoting unhealthy eating habits.

So take it up with that Chicago school, they've had that rule in place for 6 years.

Not to mention, apparently they have one of the best school lunch programs in the country.

Apparently not....chicken nuggets?

What about NC not Chicago, don't you understand? :doubt:

Yeah, the best includes unhealthy stuff like chicken nuggets. Stupid lefty school thinking they know better than the parents when they don't.

Another fool that can't read!!! :banghead: :bang3:

there was no doubt that stephonopolous was planting the seeds for the prophylactic inititive. but now we have a truth squad (i thought that's what attackwatch was for)
but rush was talking about food law enforcement today when a little girl in preschool had the lunch her mom packed taken away and she was forced to eat chicken mignuggets.
she had a turkey and cheese sandwich with chips and a bananna and apple juice.

is this the new alinsky ? obama is frustrated cause he can't force congress to do certain things. does he really need congress or the supreme court ?? why not just have fucking media matters write a new constitution....

:eusa_shhh: Watch out, the "board cops" will get you for starting the third thread on the same topic! :eek:

What the hell. Are you con's for States rights or what?

The whole Lunch thing was done by a state not the feds.

And yes it is extremely ridiculous for the school to have done what they did btw.....

Forum List

Back