Louie Gohmert calls for RICO probe to find out who's paying for Honduras migrant caravan

Bottom line is this, Kiddies...

You can have an entitlement society...

Or you can have open borders...

You cannot have both! So make up your minds which it's going to be...
The assumption is that Democrats want open borders. That has been repeated so often that I think it's been forgotten that this was never true in the first place. There IS reason to believe that Democrats want a compassionate immigration policy, but open borders only became a faux issue since Trump took to the campaign trail and simple immigrant/refugee seekers morphed into murderous and/or diseased mobs in the minds of Trump voters.

Well, gee whiz, Bullwinkle! If you liberals really wanted a "compassionate immigration policy" THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU PASS IT WHEN YOU CONTROLLED THE WHITE HOUSE, SENATE AND HOUSE? Obama repeatedly promised to pass immigration reform and then did NOTHING! Why? Because you on the left think that you can sew up the Hispanic vote by politicizing something that's a real problem and needs to be fixed!
I believe they DID pass several amnesty policies and the DACA program. It has always been a sticky wicket issue. The guideline vetting of about 2 years was both loved and hated. The chain migration issue (ala Mrs. Trump's family) is also one of the talking points. It has always been understood that there is only so much room for immigrants, so choosing is important. Admins from Reagan to Obama, opinions from Manhattan to Minnehaha have been explored. America has always been torn between Founding open arms and the common sense reality of today. But I have never seen the cruelty of turning liberty seekers into heinous monsters to justify a policy better suited to the planet Draco, or stealing children to toss onto the wandering reject pile of humanity.

I really resent your malice of accusing Democrats of wanting to be compassionate to get voters. I understand you do not realize how stupid that sounds...almost as dumb as welfare queens keep having babies to stay on the rolls, but if they abort, they are really bad people. Evidence that you Republicans cover all bases when it comes to finding people you think you can be better than without ever realizing that if you had been born into their shoes you would be just like those you choose to hold in contempt.

Have a rotten day!

I show "malice" because I point out that Democrats didn't address immigration reform when they controlled Washington? Kindly explain why they didn't?

You on the left have taken a "sticky wicket" issue and politicized it! Why? Because you think it's something you can use against the GOP to keep the Hispanic vote. "Stealing children"? Perfect example of what I'm talking about!

The assumption is that Democrats want open borders. That has been repeated so often that I think it's been forgotten that this was never true in the first place. There IS reason to believe that Democrats want a compassionate immigration policy, but open borders only became a faux issue since Trump took to the campaign trail and simple immigrant/refugee seekers morphed into murderous and/or diseased mobs in the minds of Trump voters.

Well, gee whiz, Bullwinkle! If you liberals really wanted a "compassionate immigration policy" THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU PASS IT WHEN YOU CONTROLLED THE WHITE HOUSE, SENATE AND HOUSE? Obama repeatedly promised to pass immigration reform and then did NOTHING! Why? Because you on the left think that you can sew up the Hispanic vote by politicizing something that's a real problem and needs to be fixed!
I believe they DID pass several amnesty policies and the DACA program. It has always been a sticky wicket issue. The guideline vetting of about 2 years was both loved and hated. The chain migration issue (ala Mrs. Trump's family) is also one of the talking points. It has always been understood that there is only so much room for immigrants, so choosing is important. Admins from Reagan to Obama, opinions from Manhattan to Minnehaha have been explored. America has always been torn between Founding open arms and the common sense reality of today. But I have never seen the cruelty of turning liberty seekers into heinous monsters to justify a policy better suited to the planet Draco, or stealing children to toss onto the wandering reject pile of humanity.

I really resent your malice of accusing Democrats of wanting to be compassionate to get voters. I understand you do not realize how stupid that sounds...almost as dumb as welfare queens keep having babies to stay on the rolls, but if they abort, they are really bad people. Evidence that you Republicans cover all bases when it comes to finding people you think you can be better than without ever realizing that if you had been born into their shoes you would be just like those you choose to hold in contempt.

Have a rotten day!

I show "malice" because I point out that Democrats didn't address immigration reform when they controlled Washington? Kindly explain why they didn't?

You on the left have taken a "sticky wicket" issue and politicized it! Why? Because you think it's something you can use against the GOP to keep the Hispanic vote. "Stealing children"? Perfect example of what I'm talking about!
Oh, please! Yes ..STEALING CHILDREN! What else do you call it? And now the pot/kettle argument of why-didn't-Regan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama-fix-it. They all tried to take steps. I don't have a thumb-tip history, but I remember that all Obama could get from the McConnell Senate and Boehner House is DACA and incessant stonewalling.

But that was then and this is now. What are we going to do NOW? I want to sort thru the applicants and you want to send in the US Army. See any chance of a compromise there?

Have a rotten day!

Oh, please! Yes ..STEALING CHILDREN! What else do you call it? And now the pot/kettle argument of why-didn't-Regan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama-fix-it. They all tried to take steps. I don't have a thumb-tip history, but I remember that all Obama could get from the McConnell Senate and Boehner House is DACA and incessant stonewalling.

But that was then and this is now. What are we going to do NOW? I want to sort thru the applicants and you want to send in the US Army. See any chance of a compromise there?

So when parents break the law and have their children removed from their custody...something that happens every single day all across America...is that the authorities "stealing" their children? Obviously not! So what's different about this? It's not been politicized...that's what! By the way...those same children that you deem to have been "stolen" from their parents very likely had just been put in danger by those very same parents when they made the journey to come to America! When we removed them from their parents they were fed, clothed, housed in air conditioned and safe lodging and even schooled! The truth is...most of those kids have never been treated BETTER than they were when they were "stolen"!

As for your claim that it was the McConnell Senate and the Boehner House that kept Democrats from passing immigration reform? That is LAUGHABLE! Democrats controlled the House! Democrats controlled the Senate! Democrats controlled the White House! They passed ObamaCare and the GOP was powerless to stop it! So why didn't they also pass immigration reform? Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO USE IMMIGRATION AGAINST THE GOP!!!

As for what "I" want? I want the border secure. I want our immigration laws enforced. I want illegal aliens who commit crimes here to be jailed and then deported. What do you want?

Have a rotten day!

So when parents break the law and have their children removed from their custody...something that happens every single day all across America...is that the authorities "stealing" their children? Obviously not! So what's different about this? It's not been politicized...that's what! By the way...those same children that you deem to have been "stolen" from their parents very likely had just been put in danger by those very same parents when they made the journey to come to America! When we removed them from their parents they were fed, clothed, housed in air conditioned and safe lodging and even schooled! The truth is...most of those kids have never been treated BETTER than they were when they were "stolen"!

As for your claim that it was the McConnell Senate and the Boehner House that kept Democrats from passing immigration reform? That is LAUGHABLE! Democrats controlled the House! Democrats controlled the Senate! Democrats controlled the White House! They passed ObamaCare and the GOP was powerless to stop it! So why didn't they also pass immigration reform? Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO USE IMMIGRATION AGAINST THE GOP!!!
I think you got your first paragraph from German archives. I think that's what they told themselves when they 'absorbed' Polish (blond) children and placed them in German homes.

You've made the so-called "Obamacare" (the ACA) into a thing of Republican-led contempt and only wanted to stop it because you feared Obama's popularity. Republican added some 60 amendments that were compromised into the bill and then all voted against it, making it crystal clear that McConnell did a little adjusting among his troops. Did it ever occur to you most folks wanted it, even knowing it was imperfect. It was still better than what they had. I also think that in spite of the Republican ads about keeping pre-existing conditions that are lies because they are suing to allow insurers to charge more even as they tell you otherwise, I guess you think that one will go over big in Duptopia too?

As for what "I" want? I want the border secure. I want our immigration laws enforced. I want illegal aliens who commit crimes here to be jailed and then deported. What do you want?
The same thing. I just want a fair shake for fleeing refugees. Do you think we can't be fair AND use good judgement at the same time?

It’s kind of funny to me that the Democrats here think that Trump is behind this, and the Republicans think that the Democrats are behind it. Evidently one thing that many people agree on is that it seems orchestrated and the timing is suspicious.

I’ve gotten to the point where I question any big news “event” that divides us even further and keeps us all distracted. TBH, I haven’t been watching the news, but based on what I have heard about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another orchestrated event by the globalist PTSB. Divide and conquer is their ultimate goal.
Neither Trump nor the Democrats are behind this. The Hondurans are. A Honduran lawyer leading an anti-goverment group got the word out and about a 160 Hondurans met at a bus station in San Pedro Sula, a city in northern Honduras. They were told to bring food, clothing, and money needed for the long trip to the US border. As they traveled through Guatemala and Mexico, thousands joined the march with hundreds dropping out within a few hundred miles. In each town or village more joined to show support but some actually hoping to make it to the border.

It was reported yesterday over 1700 have applied for asylum in Mexico. The Mexican government is providing food and shelter for those applying for asylum.

My guess is this caravan will end at the US border just as others have over the years. A few hundred will apply for asylum in the US and a couple of dozen or so will be granted asylum. Many will make it over the wall or fence and be detained to await deportation and a free ride back home.

The same thing. I just want a fair shake for fleeing refugees. Do you think we can't be fair AND use good judgement at the same time?
Most people on both sides want fair treatment for refugees, secure borders, and criminals deported. It is the means and definition of criminals, fair treatment, and secure borders where the real disagreements lie.

Have a rotten day!

I think you got your first paragraph from German archives. I think that's what they told themselves when they 'absorbed' Polish (blond) children and placed them in German homes.

You've made the so-called "Obamacare" (the ACA) into a thing of Republican-led contempt and only wanted to stop it because you feared Obama's popularity. Republican added some 60 amendments that were compromised into the bill and then all voted against it, making it crystal clear that McConnell did a little adjusting among his troops. Did it ever occur to you most folks wanted it, even knowing it was imperfect. It was still better than what they had. I also think that in spite of the Republican ads about keeping pre-existing conditions that are lies because they are suing to allow insurers to charge more even as they tell you otherwise, I guess you think that one will go over big in Duptopia too?

LOL...so now I'm a Nazi because I point out that the children separated from their parents were probably treated better by us...than they were by their parents? I wish you on the left would lay off all the Nazi references...it's ridiculous and makes you look foolish!

Have a rotten day!

Did you want to debate the ACA...or did you want to admit that just as the Democrats were able to pass the ACA and the GOP was powerless to stop them...then they obviously could have passed immigration reform if they had really wanted to?

Louie seems to be the only politician that has any interest in this much asked question right here on USMB!

Who's financing the Honduras migrant caravan of illegal immigrants, with as many as 10,000 snaking their way into illegally entering the U.S.?

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas has a sensible suggestion for finding out: using the RICO statutes. According to the Washington Examiner, citing Fox News, Gohmert said:

We have got to have the DOJ investigate where the funding is coming from to send these thousands and thousands of people to the U.S. ... You can use RICO to go after them.

The question, which the incurious media show no sign of wanting to answer, is worth asking, given the expense the taxpayers will be saddled with as thousands of them openly climb over border fences, dare border officials to fire on them to stop them, worm their way in through asylum legal maneuvering, or put up big sob stories with photos of mothers and crying children as a means to get in and get the benefit packages. It's a certainty that quite a few will get in, unless President Trump can be genuinely effective at stopping them, and right now that's not a certainty.

Read more at americanthinker.com ..

Find whose paying for it lmfao, it doesn't take much to know it's coming from SOROS, anything using investigation has already been compromised that way they can blame just the one they want to when it's not the person at all. But because sheep feel so comfy and deep heartedly trust their little Gov. parents they will take it as a solid " thats who did it" ..

When they come out and say who we already know it is , that's a different story. Obviously they were not compromised.

I repeat what I said previously, Bullwinkle! You can have open borders. You can have an entitlement laden society. You cannot have both. So which is it that you're willing to give up?

Louie seems to be the only politician that has any interest in this much asked question right here on USMB!

Who's financing the Honduras migrant caravan of illegal immigrants, with as many as 10,000 snaking their way into illegally entering the U.S.?

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas has a sensible suggestion for finding out: using the RICO statutes. According to the Washington Examiner, citing Fox News, Gohmert said:

We have got to have the DOJ investigate where the funding is coming from to send these thousands and thousands of people to the U.S. ... You can use RICO to go after them.

The question, which the incurious media show no sign of wanting to answer, is worth asking, given the expense the taxpayers will be saddled with as thousands of them openly climb over border fences, dare border officials to fire on them to stop them, worm their way in through asylum legal maneuvering, or put up big sob stories with photos of mothers and crying children as a means to get in and get the benefit packages. It's a certainty that quite a few will get in, unless President Trump can be genuinely effective at stopping them, and right now that's not a certainty.

Find whose paying for it lmfao, it doesn't take much to know it's coming from SOROS, anything using investigation has already been compromised that way they can blame just the one they want to when it's not the person at all. But because sheep feel so comfy and deep heartedly trust their little Gov. parents they will take it as a solid " thats who did it" ..

When they come out and say who we already know it is , that's a different story. Obviously they were not compromised.
Pay who and for what? The marchers were told to bring their own provisions and money for the march. The Mexican government, both local and federal is providing porta potties and water along the way. In Mexico, there is a lot of sympathy and support for the marchers. In fact, many Mexicans have joined the March.

Pay who and for what? The marchers were told to bring their own provisions and money for the march. The Mexican government, both local and federal is providing porta potties and water along the way. In Mexico, there is a lot of sympathy and support for the marchers. In fact, many Mexicans have joined the March.

Paid who for what, are you serious lol.......

upload_2018-10-25_15-24-13.jpeg

So what you're telling me is that people who are so poor in Honduras that they feel the need to migrate to the US are paying an estimated $7,000 per person to make the trip to the US? Something's not right with that concept, Flopper. Someone has to be footing the bill for food, gasoline and all those rows of tents people are sleeping in. Since the average per capita income in Honduras is slightly above $2,000...you're talking about someone shelling out over three times their yearly income to make this move! Think about that! Where is that money coming from? It's obviously NOT coming from the marchers themselves! So who is it that's footing the bill for this?

Why is everything so difficult for congress? Gohment should be able to put a call into the CIA and get the freaking answer in half a day. That's what the CIA is supposed to be doing. The problem is that left wing operatives in the the CIA and the radical democrat faction are working against the welfare of the U.S. for political purposes. Drain the freaking swamp.

Have a rotten day!

LOL...so now I'm a Nazi because I point out that the children separated from their parents were probably treated better by us...than they were by their parents? I wish you on the left would lay off all the Nazi references...it's ridiculous and makes you look foolish!
Actually, most folks do lay off the Nazi references. But I cannot help but get chills since I grew up in that period. And I so regret that new generations have grown that do not remember the results of an event that began so similar to today's political climate. When I see a Trump Rally, I cannot help but think of Nuremberg. I remember seeing the adoration on the faces of the crowd as he spoke while he gathered power over the people and surrounded himself with willing confederates. Those who spoke out died first.
Oldstyle, there's a place in the Bible that I quote to myself a lot from the Book of Exodus.
You know the story...about how Joseph got sent to Egypt and worked his way up to Pharoah's BFF because of his wisdom and saving the King's butt by being prepared for famine. But the first chapter of Exodus has one line that explains the whole misery that followed for the line of Jacob. It says, 'and there rose up a Pharoah who knew not Joseph'.

When I look at today's divisiveness and chaos and continual discord here in the land of e pluribus unum, I think of that line.... when I wonder how a land of highest intellect and culture and schools could devolve into the monster of the 20th century, and then look around at seeming parallels..I bite the bullet for the scorn I know you will spew at reminders that there rose up a generation that knew not how the holocaust all began.

Forum List

Back