Los Angeles Homeless Man Punched Two People in the Face, But Was Cited and Released

So
So you have no problem with arresting the mentally ill for committing assault, vagrancy, indecent exposure, burglary, ect? They have severe problems, but they know right from wrong. Giving them a pass on the Oprah defense doesn't do them any favors or make their lives better.

Arrest them. Then what? Are you going to pay for the billions it will cost to hold them? Then what? Release them to be homeless and still mentally ill?

We want the same thing. I realize it is nearly impossible for the mentally ill to get help, and I wish that were not the case. However, I do not believe making them exempt from the law is the way to go. Again, in the Midwest, the mentally ill are expected to follow the law, and to a large extent, they do. There is no exploding incarceration costs. It simply did not happen. The argument that it is cheaper to allow them to break the law is not true. I don't want to even think how much it costs to maintain and clean up after all the enabled homeless camps. If you treat them like real people, they will behave that way.

The person was arrested.
...and then immediately let go.

Let go today or in a week what difference does it make?
If you are able to make the case that you are too mentally incompetent to be charged with a crime, then you shouldnt be allowed in public ever again.

Arrest them. Then what? Are you going to pay for the billions it will cost to hold them? Then what? Release them to be homeless and still mentally ill?

We want the same thing. I realize it is nearly impossible for the mentally ill to get help, and I wish that were not the case. However, I do not believe making them exempt from the law is the way to go. Again, in the Midwest, the mentally ill are expected to follow the law, and to a large extent, they do. There is no exploding incarceration costs. It simply did not happen. The argument that it is cheaper to allow them to break the law is not true. I don't want to even think how much it costs to maintain and clean up after all the enabled homeless camps. If you treat them like real people, they will behave that way.

The person was arrested.

If you are able to make the case that you are too mentally incompetent to be charged with a crime, then you shouldnt be allowed in public ever again.

They were charged.

The person was arrested.

They were charged.
He was let go after assaulting people randomly. What is it that you don't understand about this? Why is he free right now?

The person was arrested.

They were charged.
He was let go after assaulting people randomly. What is it that you don't understand about this? Why is he free right now?

I never said he wasn't. I addressed things that were stated that were not true. I already asked, what is your plan here? Are you going to step up and fund mental health facilities?

They were charged.

I never said he wasn't. I addressed things that were stated that were not true. I already asked, what is your plan here? Are you going to step up and fund mental health facilities?
I'd prefer euthanasia.

Forum List

Back