Listening to a Liar

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Hopefully people will keep this in mind while listening to Obama's speech tomorrow. They've had 8 months to measure his words against his actions and if they get fooled by his rhetoric now they probably actually NEED someone to look after them and tell them where to squat and lean.

Listening to a Liar
by Thomas Sowell
"One plain fact should outweigh all the words of Barack Obama and all the impressive trappings of the setting in which he says them: He tried to rush Congress into passing a massive government takeover of the nation's medical care before the August recess-- for a program that would not take effect until 2013!
Whatever President Obama is, he is not stupid. If the urgency to pass the medical care legislation was to deal with a problem immediately, then why postpone the date when the legislation goes into effect for years-- more specifically, until the year after the next Presidential election? "

Thomas Sowell : Listening to a Liar - Townhall.com

Hopefully people will keep this in mind while listening to Obama's speech tomorrow. They've had 8 months to measure his words against his actions and if they get fooled by his rhetoric now they probably actually NEED someone to look after them and tell them where to squat and lean.

Listening to a Liar
by Thomas Sowell
"One plain fact should outweigh all the words of Barack Obama and all the impressive trappings of the setting in which he says them: He tried to rush Congress into passing a massive government takeover of the nation's medical care before the August recess-- for a program that would not take effect until 2013!
Whatever President Obama is, he is not stupid. If the urgency to pass the medical care legislation was to deal with a problem immediately, then why postpone the date when the legislation goes into effect for years-- more specifically, until the year after the next Presidential election? "

You certainly are not narrow minded. You are closed minded.

You are what is making the conservative movement decline.

The intelligent, open minded conservatives are taking a back seat to Joe the plumber, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and pea brains like you.

I certainly hope you did not allow your children listen to Obama's speech today.

You are a simple minded idiot.

Please, this speech will correct those idiots at townhall meetings that can't have civil discourse. The AMA has even said this bill is the farthest from a government takeover. I want a public option, America needs a public option to keep those greedy insurance companies in check.

Listening to a Liar
by Thomas Sowell

You certainly are not narrow minded. You are closed minded.

You are what is making the conservative movement decline.

The intelligent, open minded conservatives are taking a back seat to Joe the plumber, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and pea brains like you.

I certainly hope you did not allow your children listen to Obama's speech today.

You are a simple minded idiot.

fAiL...........only the sheep cant understand Thomas Sowell. Its a common sense thing.............:lol:

Please, this speech will correct those idiots at townhall meetings that can't have civil discourse. The AMA has even said this bill is the farthest from a government takeover. I want a public option, America needs a public option to keep those greedy insurance companies in check.

sorry s0n.........perhaps you've missed the news the past 6 weeks or so.............

21-10.jpg

OK everyone......republicans want you to cover your ears so you don't get "indoctrinated"

They are afraid the lies they have been telling will be debunked. Such as

Death Panels
Govt Takeover of healthcare
Govt Funded abortions
Coverage of illegals
Endless waits for coverage
Denial of coverage to the elderly

They are terrified their lies will once again be exposed.

OK everyone......republicans want you to cover your ears so you don't get "indoctrinated"

Death Panels
Govt Funded abortions
Coverage of illegals

Sorry, but pot and kettle syndrome is strong in the Obama era. Why is it Obama is trying to silence them instead of actually debunking them if they are such lies?

What the republicans fear about tonights speech is that all the fearmongering and misinformation they have been selling the American people will be shown to be lies.

We the People will once again see the republicans for the deceptive lackeys they have become

Death Panels
Govt Funded abortions
Coverage of illegals

give us facts. explain away the lies. We've begged you but so far you haven't been forthcoming.

The New healthcare will kill my grandma!

Healthcare will pay for ABORTIONS!

Illegal mexicans will be covered but not grandma!

Death panels will deny coverage to old people

You will have to wait MONTHS for service

You will not be able to pick your doctor!

The GOVERNMENT will take over all healthcare!

All are lies circulated by the rightwing. Like their lie last week about Obama indoctrinating kids, they will be exposed on these lies also

All are lies circulated by the rightwing. Like their lie last week about Obama indoctrinating kids, they will be exposed on these lies also

As Willow and I already pointed out, if they are lies explain how they are. Silencing people does not prove they are lies, in fact it proves that Obama is lying.

give us facts. explain away the lies. We've begged you but so far you haven't been forthcoming.

The FACTS you have been given are that none of these things are in the bill. Show me where they are if you believe them

The FACTS you have been given are that none of these things are in the bill. Show me where they are if you believe them

I have asked before.. who will suffer with a 500 billion dollar cut in medicare?

why did the demoncwats vote down the Heller amendment?

What the republicans fear about tonights speech is that all the fearmongering and misinformation they have been selling the American people will be shown to be lies.

We the People will once again see the republicans for the deceptive lackeys they have become

indeed...........but ummm, only about 21% of the country thinks there is "fearmongering" going on........and that'd be the k00ks, or course. Nobody else.

Anybody at all familiar with the healthcare system in Great Britain KNOWS all this stuff is going on, so its not at all rocket science.

fact is, only 26% of Americans think this bill will bring increased quality of care. Support for Congressional Health Care Reform Falls to New Low - Rasmussen Reports™Only 26%:lol:...........and 51% think it will get worse. Its hardly "right wing"!!!:funnyface:

smiling-black-man-3.jpg

by the way............has anybody considered?

If, as Obama claims, passage of this bill is "urgent".........why does it not kick in until 2013 and AFTER the next presidential election??????

C'mon folks.............do you really want to graze with the sheep???:slap:

As Willow and I already pointed out, if they are lies explain how they are. Silencing people does not prove they are lies, in fact it proves that Obama is lying.

Rightwinger can't prove a thing, he/she just parrots what the leftwing pundits say.

I have asked before.. who will suffer with a 500 billion dollar cut in medicare?

Why do you keep changing the questions once your previous ones are shown to be lies and bullshit that you idiots fell for? Hell, one came from Bimbo Palin herself. Even you should have been smart enough not to believe anything SHE says.

Obama will fail!!! Fail miserably!! This is barry's waterloo!! Done in one!! The counntdown is on!!

Why do you keep changing the questions once your previous ones are shown to be lies and bullshit that you idiots fell for? Hell, one came from Bimbo Palin herself. Even you should have been smart enough not to believe anything SHE says.

Willow didn't change her questions, you posted some redundant parroted catch phrases from the media, she posed a couple of real questions that have been asked, but since you have no answers you have to fall back to the redundant media hyped catch phrases.

Forum List

Back