Limbaugh silenced by sykes...

who is wanda sykes and why does her opinion matter.......

Wanda Sykes is a popular comedian who just called out your leader. :lol:

Hell, I had to google her just to refresh my memory. When I saw her face, my immediate reaction was..."No wonder. She never was that funny to begin with."

And I have to agree...had it been a different party on a similar subject, all the outrage would be magnified and all over the mainstream media about how we need to silence these hate speech infested right wing extremists. But as long as it comes from the left, it's just a joke...no harm done.

The hypocricy is astounding.

Hell, I had to google her just to refresh my memory. When I saw her face, my immediate reaction was..."No wonder. She never was that funny to begin with."

And I have to agree...had it been a different party on a similar subject, all the outrage would be magnified and all over the mainstream media about how we need to silence these hate speech infested right wing extremists. But as long as it comes from the left, it's just a joke...no harm done.

The hypocricy is astounding.

:clap2:

She's fine, if you're into the standup shows on Comedy Central. But not that venue. Somebody should have reviewed how far she intended to go. I think Obama & Co. want the Limbaugh thingie to go away.

Colbert was ripped by the right-wing media over his portrayal of looking for WMD and following Helen Thomas around, but that was MILD and not even very funny. So when you have Democrats like me complaining that Wanda Sykes was waaaaay out of line, that's a real problem. I thought the rest of the show was a hoot.

Why not Bill Cosby? He gets all flustered when talking about anything serious, like education, but give him a microphone and he's one of the funniest black comedians alive.

Cosby is too conservative. He actually WANTS America's youth to be EDUCATED and not re-assimilated into the new world mindset. \

Barak knew EXACTLY what he was going to get from the likes of this woman. It's why she's there! You will NEVER catch a right leaning celebrity of ANY KIND behind that mic as long as Obama is in charge.

If Obama had any guts, he would PERSONALLY (not through his press secretary ) speak up and try to put this fire out. After all, it was HIS laughter at Sykes' comment that started this firestorm.

Rush is nothing more then rightwing version of Michael Moore...

limbaugh+moore.jpg

Isn't it funny how SPOT ON all of Michael Moore's movies have been?

Rush's rantings haven't been true or right.

Sicko, Fahrenheit 911, bowling for colombine, Roger & Me.

Bah! You belong in the Eots zone now!

She's fine, if you're into the standup shows on Comedy Central. But not that venue. Somebody should have reviewed how far she intended to go. I think Obama & Co. want the Limbaugh thingie to go away.

Colbert was ripped by the right-wing media over his portrayal of looking for WMD and following Helen Thomas around, but that was MILD and not even very funny. So when you have Democrats like me complaining that Wanda Sykes was waaaaay out of line, that's a real problem. I thought the rest of the show was a hoot.

Why not Bill Cosby? He gets all flustered when talking about anything serious, like education, but give him a microphone and he's one of the funniest black comedians alive.

Cosby is too conservative. He actually WANTS America's youth to be EDUCATED and not re-assimilated into the new world mindset. \

Barak knew EXACTLY what he was going to get from the likes of this woman. It's why she's there! You will NEVER catch a right leaning celebrity of ANY KIND behind that mic as long as Obama is in charge.

If Obama had any guts, he would PERSONALLY (not through his press secretary ) speak up and try to put this fire out. After all, it was HIS laughter at Sykes' comment that started this firestorm.

don't you remember the low life way they acted when the Bushes walked out at the inauguration in Jan.? It's nothing more than the same low class behavior.

no...the whining of the right over a nanosecond long toss off line is what started this. The WPCD is supposed to get a little edgy. That's what political humor does. And her tastelessness was equal opportunity

"I hear you and Joe went on a little outing the other day for burgers. You guys can't be hanging out together in places like that. Whose idea was that? (beat) Nancy Pelosi's?"

you are aware there's no firestorm, right?

it's really a big nada....

I am surprised, however, that there aren't 10 threads saying how Keith Olbermann said she went too far. But you all need to stop sniveling over nothing. It's making you guys sound absurd.

Only the far left wingnuts think that Rush is the republican leader. You just keep showing yourself as a partisan hack bobo. You and Old Rocks are 2 peas from the same pod. :cuckoo:

Only the far left wingnuts think that Rush is the republican leader. You just keep showing yourself as a partisan hack bobo. You and Old Rocks are 2 peas from the same pod. :cuckoo:

Then why do the repub "leaders" keep scurrying to apologize to him? You also might want to have a word with your former VP since he said that he'd rather have Rushbo and a spokesperson than Colin Powell.

You'd also have to acknowledge that Rush has gone out of his way to try to make it seem that he IS the spokesperson for the party.

Sad... your party would be so much better off listening to Powell.

no...the whining of the right over a nanosecond long toss off line is what started this. The WPCD is supposed to get a little edgy. That's what political humor does. And her tastelessness was equal opportunity

"I hear you and Joe went on a little outing the other day for burgers. You guys can't be hanging out together in places like that. Whose idea was that? (beat) Nancy Pelosi's?"

you are aware there's no firestorm, right?

it's really a big nada....

I am surprised, however, that there aren't 10 threads saying how Keith Olbermann said she went too far. But you all need to stop sniveling over nothing. It's making you guys sound absurd.

Uh...ok...it's no firestorm. Which is why we're STILL talking about it. Olbermann mentioned it...it's been brought up just about EVERYWHERE. But it's ok for you to tell yourself that it's not important. It's a healthy way to get your z's each night. Keep it on the downlow...outa sight...outa mind. A clear conscience is a sign of poor memory or rabid denial.

The absurdity here is coming from the frantic attempt to keep it as quiet as possible.

Then why do the repub "leaders" keep scurrying to apologize to him? You also might want to have a word with your former VP since he said that he'd rather have Rushbo and a spokesperson than Colin Powell.

You'd also have to acknowledge that Rush has gone out of his way to try to make it seem that he IS the spokesperson for the party.

Not my party Jillian. Steele apologizing was a mistake ....it was a personal mistake on his part. I do believe that Cheney has a right to his opinion on Colin Powell. I have an opinion on Colin Powell. Rush is an entertainer, and he is just expounding on what the left is putting forth..it's entertainment...nothing more, Jillian. Rush is the spokesperson for true conservatism, that's what he is all about... The left must really fear Rush to give him such credibilty.

Up until 2 weeks ago you guys were proud that Rush was your leader.

In fact, you chose him over Michael Steele.

U want 2 deny that now?

Who is your leader?

Not my party Jillian. Steele apologizing was a mistake ....it was a personal mistake on his part. I do believe that Cheney has a right to his opinion on Colin Powell. I have an opinion on Colin Powell. Rush is an entertainer, and he is just expounding on what the left is putting forth..it's entertainment...nothing more, Jillian. Rush is the spokesperson for true conservatism, that's what he is all about... The left must really fear Rush to give him such credibilty.

Nah! I don't think they fear him.. The just don't feel like whole people without someone to hate on!

And you must really respect him to defend him so hard.

Trust me, you may not want to admit it, but Rush is your leader, and you are a right wing nut job.

And we don't fear Rush. If we did, we would ignore him.

Just like Rush LOVES to pick fights, but he has NOTHING to say after Wanda embarrassed him.

Does he want to talk about his hatred for Obama/America or does he want to talk about his oxy cotton problem?

HA!

And so you guys must really fear Michael Moore & Al Franken. You even wrote a fucking book about it.

100 People screwing up America and Franken is number 37

MyDD :: The 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America

because he has a large audience. having a large listener base does not equate to being a leader of a party. any politician worth their salt knows the value of "not" pissing of listeners, e.g., voters. it has nothing to do with rush, if it did, they would never have said something in the first place. it is all about votes and the "possibility" of alienating those who listen to rush and take offense.

Just as the left scurries to get their stance out to their 'side' of the media?

politicians are about exposure.. you know it and I know it, Jill

That does not make Rush or any other talk show host a Republican leader

As for Cheney... does he really even matter in the political landscape any more? Seems like the left never really cared what he said before, now all the sudden they care?? :rolleyes:

Isn't it funny how SPOT ON all of Michael Moore's movies have been?

Sicko, Fahrenheit 911, bowling for colombine, Roger & Me.

Obviously some one has never bothered to do any research after viewing Michael Moore's tripe. Easier to drink the Flavor Aid I suppose.

Fucking sheeple...

Forum List

Back