Miss California Keeps Her Crown

Carole

Rookie
May 10, 2009
Today Donald Trump has (hopefully) ended the Miss California USA media storm: Carrie Prejean will keep her crown. As co-owner of the Miss Universe/Miss USA Organization, Mr. Trump held a press conference today and announced his decision that "Carrie will remain Miss. California.".

Beauty pageants have roared back into the national spotlight after decades of being all but ignored. Renewing the interest is Miss California's respectful and honest answer to a direct question from pageant judge Perez Hilton about whether she believed in gay marriage, Ms. Prejean replied:

"I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what? I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Earth shattering, isn't it? How dare this woman express her own opinion which happens to be shared by millions of other Americans including President Barack Obama!

Sarcasm aside, what has truly been shocking is the barrage of insults and attacks leveled at Ms Perjean in the media. Among the worst:

Hilton blasted Prejean as a "dumb bitch".

E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic twitters, "I know I'm a journalist, and I should be objective. But she is an ignorant disgrace and she makes me sick to my stomach."

During an appearance on MSNBC, Village Voice columnist Michael Musto says that Miss California officials also paid for Prejean to "cut off her penis" and likens her to Klaus Barbie, a Nazi war criminal believed to be responsible for up to 4,000 deaths.

But what has been most upsetting to me is the complete silence of women's rights groups like The National Organization for Women regarding these attacks. If a woman had made a public statement in favor of gay marriage and was attacked by opponents in this kind of personal and vulgar way, I'm sure NOW would be speaking out in that woman's defense and justifiably calling for action against those who defamed her. Obviously feminism no longer advocates for women. Their only allegiance is to the ideology of the left.

I don't care about what she said about marriage, I actually give her credit for being honest about her beliefs even if they aren't popular to say. My problem is that the rules specifically state that you can't do any lingerie type pictures and she lied about doing them TWICE.

I don't care about what she said about marriage, I actually give her credit for being honest about her beliefs even if they aren't popular to say. My problem is that the rules specifically state that you can't do any lingerie type pictures and she lied about doing them TWICE.

I think that she should have simply said that she has the same opinion about it as the President of the U.S., and stopped with that.

Today Donald Trump has (hopefully) ended the Miss California USA media storm: Carrie Prejean will keep her crown. As co-owner of the Miss Universe/Miss USA Organization, Mr. Trump held a press conference today and announced his decision that "Carrie will remain Miss. California.".

Beauty pageants have roared back into the national spotlight after decades of being all but ignored. Renewing the interest is Miss California's respectful and honest answer to a direct question from pageant judge Perez Hilton about whether she believed in gay marriage, Ms. Prejean replied:

"I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what? I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Earth shattering, isn't it? How dare this woman express her own opinion which happens to be shared by millions of other Americans including President Barack Obama!

Sarcasm aside, what has truly been shocking is the barrage of insults and attacks leveled at Ms Perjean in the media. Among the worst:

Hilton blasted Prejean as a "dumb bitch".

E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic twitters, "I know I'm a journalist, and I should be objective. But she is an ignorant disgrace and she makes me sick to my stomach."

During an appearance on MSNBC, Village Voice columnist Michael Musto says that Miss California officials also paid for Prejean to "cut off her penis" and likens her to Klaus Barbie, a Nazi war criminal believed to be responsible for up to 4,000 deaths.

But what has been most upsetting to me is the complete silence of women's rights groups like The National Organization for Women regarding these attacks. If a woman had made a public statement in favor of gay marriage and was attacked by opponents in this kind of personal and vulgar way, I'm sure NOW would be speaking out in that woman's defense and justifiably calling for action against those who defamed her. Obviously feminism no longer advocates for women. Their only allegiance is to the ideology of the left.

I figured he would keep her, he gave the coke head another chance.:lol:

When allegations of rape surfaced during Bill Clinton's presidency and NOW stayed silent, I knew there was no hope.

Donald Trump went up in my estimation. But he is a shrewd businessman and he knew that the public was behind Carrie Prejean.

Hi Carole:

Beauty pageants have roared back into the national spotlight after decades of being all but ignored. Renewing the interest is Miss California's respectful and honest answer to a direct question from pageant judge Perez Hilton about whether she believed in gay marriage, Ms. Prejean replied . . .

Enough is enough. I applaud Donald Trump for standing with Miss California (pic) who is definitely one of the most beautiful women in the 'beauty pageant.' Nuff said . . .

GL,

Terral

Donald Trump went up in my estimation. But he is a shrewd businessman and he knew that the public was behind Carrie Prejean.

And no, the public has been split this entire time about her, stop acting like we all just support her because many people don't. I just don't give a shit what a beauty queen thinks about gay marriage because listening to her talk proves that beauty is all she has

The sad thing is, this is all copy and paste for these type of "contests", without the drama no one would pay attention (or at least no enough), so they go through this song and dance, one scandal after another, just to get ratings. It's probably all been planned from the beginning, and all the future scandals as well.

bikini shots aren't lingerie shots.....

And no, the public has been split this entire time about her, stop acting like we all just support her because many people don't. I just don't give a shit what a beauty queen thinks about gay marriage because listening to her talk proves that beauty is all she has

So you also believe that she should have given the PC answer?

Proposition 8 was a state constitutional amendment titled Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry Act,[6] whose proponents intend to override the Court's decision. The measure appeared on the 2008 California general election ballot in November 2008, and passed with a 52% majority.

Same-sex marriage in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And California is one of the more liberal states, so by extrapolation, do the math. The majority of Americans are against same sex marriage.

Forum List

Back