Limbaugh silenced by sykes...

Discussion in 'Media' started by Jeepers, May 12, 2009.

1. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    We now know who the republican leader bows to... Himself, and his drug addicted shame... I wasted three hours of my life listening for his rebuttal and it did not come... Wonder why the usually outspoken Limbaugh had nothing to say.... Personally I think its the beginning of the end for the man and the end of the end of his beloved party...

2. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    1) Limbaugh is not the "Republican Leader"
    2) The guy will still be the entertainer he is and his audience (of which I am not one) will still be there
    3) What do you expect to accomplish by lashing back, if you are him? An ongoing flame war between him and a c-rate comedienne? Actually serves no purpose
    4) And it really seems like it is the far lefties who are truly addicted to Limbaugh... you never really see the republicans, conservatives, or 'righties' spouting off about anything about him, for the most part

3. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    In response to item #4.

I believe it clear that Rush must be accomodated by the neo con faction of the republican party. Time and time again limbaugh trashes any republican that does not show him in a good light. They are afraid of him. Most of the rest of the country thinks he is a joke. I am one of them. I am not a lefty.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    you desperate democwats are worse than rush ever thought about being.. belly slimers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,224
    He is ready to have a heart attack. He looked horrible at that CPAC thing.

To me, it would literally be like seeing a serial killer executed. Wouldn't lose a minute of sleep other than thinking how sad it is that some people are so hateful and sadistic.

I think he is a greedy evil liar.

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    As stated.. he's an entertainer with an audience... and like any entertainer he will play to the audience however he needs to to maintain and grow that audience

I personally think he's a windbag.. don't like his show in the least, which is why I don't choose to listen other than the few times I've passed by when commercials were on the shows I do listen to...

But I still don't see as many repubs/conservatives/righties quoting or referring to anything he says, as I do lefties trying to use it as some point in an argument...

Every time I see a partisan bring up something about him... I personally don't even take it seriously... no matter what side the extreme partisan is on

7. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    I'm no fan of Rush Limbaugh, not by a longshot, but I think Wanda Sykes' comments were over the top for that venue. I never found her to be very funny anyway. She epitomizes the reason why certain black people seem to expect they can get away with that kind of double-standard, just because they're black. As Don Imus said, if a white comedian had made similar comments about our black president if he was sitting right there, he would have been run out of the country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,019
    Limbaugh gets away with it all the time. He isn't funny either.

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,224
    You seem to be a born again Dave, because I pegged you for a right winger. Are you trying to re-invent yourself or something?

And excuse me, but Cheney was asked who the GOP should follow/listen to, Rush or Powell, and he said RUSH.

Republicans follow Rush. PERIOD. End of story. And because just like all other Republicans, he is WRONG in his thinking, you guys ultimately have to say that he is strictly for entertainment purposes.

Oh if that were only true, liar.

PS. Your party is now divided. The Rush/Bushies vs all the people who left your party.

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,072
    I agree, it was over the top. I cringed on that joke although I found myself laughing when she spoke about Cheney being a dangerous man and warning her grandkids to go into a stranger's car instead of Cheney's.

Why should she get a pass because she is a comedienne? Look what happened to Don Imus for using the phrase "nappy-headed ho's." No one gave him a pass for being a comedian and neither did Michael Richards of Seinfeld.