Like obamacare? read this

I was about to agree with your post, except for that last bit. Have you seen the tripe some of the "Christians" on this board post?
I was being sarcastic. I figured he was one of those "Christians".

You mean one of those who follows the teachings of Christ not what you want them to say?
No, the hypocritical asshole kind.

Nothing hypocritical about following the teaching of Christ the way they are written. For those who twist them (i.e. - you), the Bible speaks of that.
Christ did not write anything.
Hey, one thing at a time. I want to see how Conservative65 explains that "Sell all you have and give to the poor" means the other guy, not him. ;)

I was being sarcastic. I figured he was one of those "Christians".

You mean one of those who follows the teachings of Christ not what you want them to say?

Nothing hypocritical about following the teaching of Christ the way they are written. For those who twist them (i.e. - you), the Bible speaks of that.
Hey, one thing at a time. I want to see how Conservative65 explains that "Sell all you have and give to the poor" means the other guy, not him. ;)

I want you to explain why, when the rich young ruler, didn't do that Jesus didn't use the government to force it from him. You seem to think that Jesus taught that it was OK for the government to force it from people. He didn't. The word sell says a lot. It means the person that has it doing so voluntarily not having it taken through a mandate by the government.

You're reading into. My words are it's not your place to make that determination for anyone but yourself.
Seriously, just cut and paste "I DON'T WANNA AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!11" Save yourself some time.

Listen to what is said rather than the mumbling you hear with your head stuck up your ass.

It's you that says I don't want to. If people like you who said others should be provided things would do it yourself like you say it should be done, this conversation wouldn't occur.
What is it with your obsession with heads and asses? You seem to cannot get this picture of things stuck up your ass out of your head.

If you won't put yours there, I won't anything about you doing it.
I have no intention of putting my head anywhere near your ass. You gonna have to find someone else to help you live out your sexual fantasies.

I didn't say mine. I say get it out of your own.

I want you to explain why, when the rich young ruler, didn't do that Jesus didn't use the government to force it from him.

As predicted. "Not me, Jesus! The other guy!"

Jesus probably recognized that the rich kid had more of a moral center than Martin Shkreli, the Waltons, or you.

I want you to explain why, when the rich young ruler, didn't do that Jesus didn't use the government to force it from him.

As predicted. "Not me, Jesus! The other guy!"

Jesus probably recognized that the rich kid had more of a moral center than Martin Shkreli, the Waltons, or you.

As predicted, you can't provide anything showing where Jesus used the government to force it from anyone.

Interesting how you define morals based on your twisting of God's word. God's word speaks to how people like you will be dealt with and it isn't pretty.

Jesus returns to Earth and knocks on Conservative65's door.

Conservative65 Stands His Ground and draws down on the interloper, because the beard and the sandals can only mean he's some homeless guy, right?

Then the "homeless guy" starts to glow, and Conservative65 puts his weapon back in his pants.

Conservative65: Sorry, Lord. Didn't know it was you. Come in. Would you like some lemonade?

Jesus: What I'd like, my son, is for you to explain to me why you haven't sold all your goods and given to the poor as I instructed you.

Conservative65: Humina, humina, humina...you know, I was going to, but I got busy schooling the unworthy on USMB and I -

Jesus: My son, that is not acceptable.

Conservative65: Hey, y'know what? I'm just a working stiff. Why don't you go after the rich people first? Camel, needle, all that good stuff - why single me out?

Jesus: Oh, now you want the top 1% and the corporations to pay their fair share. And if they don't? Change the laws to require them (translation: Use the government to force them) to do so? Is that what you're suggesting?

Conservative65: I'll be in the kitchen making lemonade...

NO, thats a lie. No one was turned away from a hospital if they needed medical care, no one was turned away from a free clinic if they needed medical care. There was no healthcare crisis in the USA.
ROFLMAO @everybody

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN.com

PLEASE STOP!!! :lmao:

If you read that closely you will see that what it really says is that 60% of the people who file bankruptcy have unpaid medical bills as part of their filing. Most of the bad debt is credit cards, car payments, and mortgage defaults.

No where does that say that anyone ever filed bankruptcy solely due to medical bills.

but keep up the lies

that is simply not true. If it was working I would be the first one to admit it. But its not working. Those hit hardest are the self employed or those whose employers do not offer health plans. Those people are paying much higher premiums, higher deductibles and have less coverage than they had before. They are forced to pay for coverages that they do not want and do not need. You seem to think thats a good thing, but its not when you are the one paying.

you may think your employer is not adjusting your other benefits to cover his additional healthcare insurance costs, but I guarantee you that he is.
Group insurance policies through employers ALREADY COVERED PREGNANCY, existing illnesses and birth control....BEFORE O Care.

That's a fact.

Some did, many allowed you to opt out of maternity coverage if you did not need it. only a very few covered birth control (pills, etc).

but as I said to the other liberfool, people with employer provided insurance are not the major victims of this fiasco government takeover, self employed and young people are the ones hurt the most.
Right. Those who were without insurance are harmed by now having access to insurance.

nothing has changed for those people, they were getting free treatment before ACA and are getting free treatment after ACA. Its the people who are paying who are being financially impacted.
If you've gotten your health insurance through your employer, it was those working folks that were not able to get insurance, that was paying for a portion of YOUR INSURANCE the past 40 years...through the tax write off, the tax expenditure, what your employer was given as a tax write off for what he pays for your health care....

So all of those people who were working but, uninsured helped pay through their higher taxes, for YOUR BENEFIT of health insurance, health insurance they were never able to get.

YOU having to pay a little for their health insurance now, is LONG PAST DUE.

congratulations, you just qualified as a marxist collectivist.

You seem to have forgotten all of those without coverage that went to the ER for care they didn't pay for costs the rest of us more.

Five minutes ago you were demanding proof that they didn't pay. You seem to have forgotten what you were whining about.

You seem to have forgotten that no one owes another person a damn thing including food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, etc. You still believe they do.

Non sequitur. Do you believe people without insurance used to show up at the ER without the ability to pay or don't you?

of course they did, and they got treated. whats your point?

That you don't know or refuse to acknowledge what happened next.

Its simple. First the hospital tries to collect from them by sending a bill, then if the person cannot pay they submit it to one of the many charties that help cover indigent medical costs, then they submit it to medicaid which usually pays, then if no payment is received they write off the charge as an uncollectable account.

The people and insurance companies that pay are charged more to cover the ones who can't or won't pay. Exactly the same as under obozocare. EXCEPT, now we also have to pay for a huge new inefficient govt beaurocracy to administer this POS law.

As I have said many times, there was no healthcare crisis in the USA, NO ONE was refused treatment before ACA. NO ONE, even people in this country illegally.

ACA was not an attempt to fix medical care, it was a successful coup to take over 1/3 of our economy in violation of the constitution.

Its simple. First the hospital tries to collect from them by sending a bill, then if the person cannot pay they submit it to one of the many charties that help cover indigent medical costs, then they submit it to medicaid which usually pays, then if no payment is received they write off the charge as an uncollectable account.

Excellent summation. Thank you!

In addition to this summation is the Hospital tries to get the patient to put the charges on a credit card, and usually under duress from the emergency situation, the patient's spouse hands over a credit card or if not on a credit card, the hospital turns it over to a collection agency that the Hospital has sold the debt to, at a discount.... yes, they sell their debt, when possible....and these credit collection agencies then come after the patient with a vengeance...or the credit card company comes after the patient with a vengeance, and thus what leads to the filing of bankruptcy.

In addition to this summation is the Hospital tries to get the patient to put the charges on a credit card, and usually under duress from the emergency situation, the patient's spouse hands over a credit card or if not on a credit card, the hospital turns it over to a collection agency that the Hospital has sold the debt to, at a discount.... yes, they sell their debt, when possible....and these credit collection agencies then come after the patient with a vengeance...or the credit card company comes after the patient with a vengeance, and thus what leads to the filing of bankruptcy.

nice try, but untrue. you cannot show one case of a person filing bankruptcy solely due to medical bills. The cite that was presented earlier only said that medical bills are included in most bankruptcy filings, not that medical bills alone were the basis of a bankruptcy filing.

your credit card scenario is also bullshit, a huge hospital charge on a credit card that was already at its limit would be rejected by the card company.

you cannot show one case of a person filing bankruptcy solely due to medical bills.

Just one?
bankruptILLUFILEg0713.gif

How many more would you like?

Now, make sure to say "Harvard University? Obviously a lie" without making any attempt to provide contradictory data. That's always good for a laugh.

you cannot show one case of a person filing bankruptcy solely due to medical bills.

Just one?
bankruptILLUFILEg0713.gif

How many more would you like?

Now, make sure to say "Harvard University? Obviously a lie" without making any attempt to provide contradictory data. That's always good for a laugh.

I would like to see the source data used for that study. I would bet that they weasel worded the "conclusions" and that the facts show that medical bills were included in those 1800 bankruptcies but that not one of them was filed solely because of medical bills.

Remember, figures don't lie, but liars figure.

as to Harvard, I have an MBA from Harvard so I know exactly where that college stands politically

from your cite;
"BACKGROUND:
Our 2001 study in 5 states found that medical problems contributed to at least 46.2% of
all bankruptcies."

do you understand the difference between "contributed to" and "caused". ?

I do. When you can find data that break that down further, please do so. Until then, you're just tap-dancing.

nope, you made the claim that many bankrupcies were caused by unpaid medical bills, your own cite disproves that claim.

So, I win, you lose. now lets move on.

Forum List

Back