"Lies straight from the pit of Hell"..........

"OP took the position that if one does not flatly accept the flawed science of the likes of Ed and InTheMiddle, then they are unfit for office. "

That is not correct the OP said

“Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?”
The differences between the 2 statements are noteworthy. The first (yours) is not accepting science as the end all. I’m ok with that.

The 2nd question (the OP question) adds in judgment by Paul Broun that he knows where classical rational thought came from – the devil/hell. I’m not ok with that. Very worrisome.

So you are saying that it is not possible that science can be wrong about the origin of energy.

Thanks again, Flat-Earther!

LOL
I'm saying that if you want to claim that energy can be created YOU must prove it with a repeatable experiment.

But there is no claim that energy can be created.

The only claim is that there is a POSSIBILITY of such, as science certainly does not know what it does not know. Only a flat-earther would shut his mind to possibilities to protect his deeply held religious beliefs.

You have failed again.

LOL
Bullshit! When you claim that energy has an "origin" you are claiming energy can be created.

That's a VERY basic explanation of where this universe came from.

According to what scientists know now. Back in the day, it was blasphemy to think the the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. We now know that it's not even the center of our own measly solar system.

The Big Bang Theory is just that: a theory. It's recognized as the best, most likely scenario for the creation of everything that we know today when it comes to the creation of the universe at least among scientists. What will most likely happen down the line is some discovery will be made that questions that assertion and it changes to something else.

There's all kinds of alternate universe theories out there right now, along with string theory. Some discovery could and likely will come along down the road that completely changes our perception of everything.

Right now, we don't know shit, really. We call dark matter and dark energy "dark" because the simple truth is that we don't know a fucking thing about it. We can't see it, can't feel it, can't understand it, we just know that there's something out there based on how other stuff is reacting around it. And, the universe seems to be stuffed with dark matter and dark energy. If we don't even understand that, how can we, with certainty, say that big bang is absolutely true? We can't.

Saying the earth is only 9,000 years old is pretty ridiculous, i'm right there on that one. But ultimately, all this dude is saying is that god created everything. That's quite possible.

"OP took the position that if one does not flatly accept the flawed science of the likes of Ed and InTheMiddle, then they are unfit for office. "

That is not correct the OP said

“Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?”
The differences between the 2 statements are noteworthy. The first (yours) is not accepting science as the end all. I’m ok with that.

The 2nd question (the OP question) adds in judgment by Paul Broun that he knows where classical rational thought came from – the devil/hell. I’m not ok with that. Very worrisome.

Would somebody who privately claims that religion is mythology be fit to serve on the House Science Committee?

Or in other words, are only atheists (something like 5% of the world population)
fit to serve on the House Science Committee?

I'm saying that if you want to claim that energy can be created YOU must prove it with a repeatable experiment.

The only claim is that there is a POSSIBILITY of such, as science certainly does not know what it does not know. Only a flat-earther would shut his mind to possibilities to protect his deeply held religious beliefs.

You have failed again.

LOL
Bullshit! When you claim that energy has an "origin" you are claiming energy can be created.

You are failing once again.

You have only been asked if it is POSSIBLE that science does not know everything about the origins and sources of energy that there is to know.

And you simply refuse to admit the possible, which is obvious to everyone reading this thread and enjoying your repeated beatdown.

LOL

Just for the sake of reality.

Science is now questioning the big bang theory. Seems some new evidence has come as of late.........

As we increase our understanding old fables find peace....

Science is always questiong every theory. That's why they are called theories. But it is a mistake to assume this "questioning" has the same meaning as "rejecting".

Not so. The Big Bang theory is constantly being refined as our technology enables us to make more and more precise measurements. These refinements enable us to make more accurate measurement of the Universe's age, for example. It would be the height of foolishness to hear that various scientists are disputing the exact age of the Universe and then proclaim, "AHA! You see? The Earth is 6,000 years old after all!"

There are many open questions about the Universe remaining. Such as, is the Universe going to expand forever, or will it eventually collapse back on itself into a singularity?

These open questions do not re-open questions which have definitively been answered, such as, "Is the Earth only 9,000 years old?" or "Is the Earth flat?" or "Is the Earth at the center of the solar system?"

Last edited:

You have failed again.

LOL

You have only been asked if it is POSSIBLE that science does not know everything about the origins and sources of energy that there is to know.

And you simply refuse to admit the possible, which is obvious to everyone reading this thread and enjoying your repeated beatdown.

LOL
No, I have pointed out that it has been proven with a repeatable experiment that energy cannot be created. You pontificate that in spite of the proof otherwise it is possible that energy can be created. In science opinion does not trump an experiment.

According to a tea party elected congress critter (who incidentally sits on the Science committee in Congress), evolution, the Big Bang and other scientific theories are lies straight from the pit of hell.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are major underpinnings of mainstream science. And Georgia Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee, says they are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun, who is unopposed for reelection in November, made the comments in a videotaped Sept. 27 speech at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., according to the Associated Press.

Here are his remarks:

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Broun spokeswoman Meredith Griffanti told the Athens Banner-Herald that “Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.”

The church had posted Broun’s full speech to YouTube on Thursday, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, but the video appears to have been removed as of Sunday.

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun: Evolution a lie 'from the pit of hell' - latimes.com

Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?

Especially when he says you don't need science, you just need a Savior?

Is he not entitled to an opinion?

Just for the sake of reality.

Science is now questioning the big bang theory. Seems some new evidence has come as of late.........

As we increase our understanding old fables find peace....

Science is always questiong every theory. That's why they are called theories. But it is a mistake to assume this "questioning" has the same meaning as "rejecting".

Not so. The Big Bang theory is constantly being refined as our technology enables us to make more and more precise measurements. These refinements enable us to make more accurate measurement of the Universe's age, for example. It would be the height of foolishness to hear that various scientists are disputing the exact age of the Universe and then proclaim, "AHA! You see? The Earth is 6,000 years old after all!"

There are many open questions about the Universe remaining. Such as, is the Universe going to expand forever, or will it eventually collapse back on itself into a singularity?

These open questions do not re-open questions which have definitively been answered, such as, "Is the Earth only 9,000 years old?" or "Is the Earth flat?" or "Is the Earth at the center of the solar system?"

Just like the LAW of Gravity...Is no longer law...........

According to a tea party elected congress critter (who incidentally sits on the Science committee in Congress), evolution, the Big Bang and other scientific theories are lies straight from the pit of hell.

Evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are major underpinnings of mainstream science. And Georgia Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee, says they are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun, who is unopposed for reelection in November, made the comments in a videotaped Sept. 27 speech at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., according to the Associated Press.

Here are his remarks:

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Broun spokeswoman Meredith Griffanti told the Athens Banner-Herald that “Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs regarding religious issues.”

The church had posted Broun’s full speech to YouTube on Thursday, according to the Athens Banner-Herald, but the video appears to have been removed as of Sunday.

Quick question..............should a person who thinks that major theories that scientists have come up with are satanic lies really be on the House Science Committee?

He is entitled to his opinion, but he is singularly unqualified to be in any position which requires decisions which affect our nation's scientific achievements. The fate of our country is in the hands of an ignorant rube.

Last edited:

Here are his remarks:

Only if he is atheist, evidently.

You are one of those who believe there once was nothing, and that this nothing just decided to blow up one day and create everything, aren't you?

LOL

Talk about a freaky faith. I would say you are unfit for government - along with many other things.

Where did God come from?

I don't know.

Should that preclude me from holding public office?

No. It makes you honest about the question but it should preclude you from using that rediculous "something from nothing" arguement.

LOL
No, I have pointed out that it has been proven with a repeatable experiment that energy cannot be created. You pontificate that in spite of the proof otherwise it is possible that energy can be created. In science opinion does not trump an experiment.

And you have been asked, repeatedly, if in fact there is possibility that we do not know everything there is to know about the origins and nature of 'energy.'

And you simply refuse to acknowledge the OBVIOUS possibility because your world crumbles.

Plus, perhaps you actually just enjoy getting your teeth kicked in...

LOL

He is entitled to his opinion, but he is singularly unqualified to be in any position which requires decisions which affect the greatness of our nation's future scientific achievements. That fate of our country is in the hands of a rube.

Explain how having an opposing viewpoint on certain scientific theories disqualifies hiim?

Oh and who appointed him to that position?

Should we then ban anyone who's viewpoint is different than ours?

Is this not a country where you're free to express your opinions and ideas without being punished for them?

I don't agree with everyone's opinion but I would defend their right to voice their opinion.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Einstein is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century, and is associated with major revolutions in our thinking about time, gravity, and the conversion of matter to energy (E=mc2). Although never coming to belief in a personal God, he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe. The Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: "Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." This actually motivated his interest in science, as he once remarked to a young physicist: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein's famous epithet on the "uncertainty principle" was "God does not play dice" - and to him this was a real statement about a God in whom he believed. A famous saying of his was "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Einstein's statement about dice was about his bafflement and resistance to quantum theory. It is the exact moment his star set. He became a revered but virtually irrelevant character from that day forward.

He is entitled to his opinion, but he is singularly unqualified to be in any position which requires decisions which affect the greatness of our nation's future scientific achievements. That fate of our country is in the hands of a rube.

Explain how having an opposing viewpoint on certain scientific theories disqualifies hiim?

Is this not a country where you're free to express your opinions and ideas without being punished for them?

I don't agree with everyone's opinion but I would defend their right to voice their opinion.

If a jackass like this guy had been around in the 50s, he would have been a stumbling block on our way to the moon.

He's a dumbass and should not be making decisions which affect our scientific achievements and turning us into an uncompetitive nation.

I don't know.

Should that preclude me from holding public office?

No. It makes you honest about the question but it should preclude you from using that rediculous "something from nothing" arguement.

Not to sidetrack, much, but was our 'singularity' inside of the universe when it went KAPOOWIE and created the...... universe?

The answer to your question is no.

Try reading a book about it. Here's one: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Big-Bang-The-Origin-Universe/dp/0007162200]Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe[/ame]

Last edited:

If a jackass like this guy had been around in the 50s, he would have been a stumbling block on our way to the moon.

He's a dumbass and should not be making decisions which affect our scientific achievements and turning us into an uncompetitive nation.

The 50's were one of the most faith-backed eras in American history, and science was nurtured and exploited in our great Christian nation - just like always.

Fail.

Not to sidetrack, much, but was our 'singularity' inside of the universe when it went KAPOOWIE and created the...... universe?

The answer to your question is no.

Try reading a book about it. Here's one: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Big-Bang-The-Origin-Universe/dp/0007162200]Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe[/ame]

I knew the answer to the question before I asked.

That is why I kick ass of the likes of you in debate.

LOL

Forum List

Back