"Lies straight from the pit of Hell"..........

"The 'so what' is that Ed the Flat-Earther and InTheMiddle have staked out absolutist positions which discount said possibility to support their freaky faith-based religions. "

Maybe I don't understand your position then. You seem to border on - "If science can't prove it - it must be god"

Another ridiculous thread.
The Bible was written circa 200AD, and goes back approximately 6000 years. Many of the stories within have been proven to be direct copies of legends and mythology from other (non-Jewish) cultures. Based on this a number of people believe the Magic Sky Fairy created all that there is.

Modern science has shown that not just our own, but other stars and galaxies as well are not thousands of years old, but many billions.

Why would the Magic Sky Fairy wait so long before populating Earth? One has to wonder.

There are Dark Matter, Antimatter, Quarks, Bosuns, and Matter - all of which have weight. Weight is a factor in creating gravity. If a glob of matter collects itself enough to create gravity it will pull in more matter, a tiny bit at a time, until it grows very large and accumulates more and more material, growing ever larger. At some point enough unstable matter will be gathered (like uranium) and enough free electrons will merge with th wrong atoms, and with some accelerant, like oxygen, and and a flammable material, like helium the enormous glob explodes.

That's a VERY basic explanation of where this universe came from.

"The 'so what' is that Ed the Flat-Earther and InTheMiddle have staked out absolutist positions which discount said possibility to support their freaky faith-based religions. "

Maybe I don't understand your position then. You seem to border on - "If science can't prove it - it must be god"

This was never claimed. Read the thread.

Science once proved that little tiny people lived inside us and caused us to get sick.

Science evolves.

Brain dead Christian haters don't.

"Is it POSSIBLE that science does not know everything there is to know about the origin of energy?"

People used to believe "grasshoppers ate the night time away causing the sun to arrive" - they were correct too. Until a better classical rational explanation came along.

So yes - your statement is correct. But so what? It does not nothing to bolster the existence of God nor excuse claiming current scientific ideas are from Satan.

The 'so what' is that Ed the Flat-Earther and InTheMiddle have staked out absolutist positions which discount said possibility to support their freaky faith-based religions.

LOL
That which has been proven by a repeatable experiment does not require faith.

"Is it POSSIBLE that science does not know everything there is to know about the origin of energy?"

People used to believe "grasshoppers ate the night time away causing the sun to arrive" - they were correct too. Until a better classical rational explanation came along.

So yes - your statement is correct. But so what? It does not nothing to bolster the existence of God nor excuse claiming current scientific ideas are from Satan.

The 'so what' is that Ed the Flat-Earther and InTheMiddle have staked out absolutist positions which discount said possibility to support their freaky faith-based religions.

LOL

Quick question for you, Ed.

Is it POSSIBLE that science does not know everything there is to know about the origin of energy?

ROTFL.gif

"This was never claimed. Read the thread"

What do you claim then - just that science doesn't know everything? If so, what does that have to do with the OP?

LOL

Is it POSSIBLE that science does not know everything there is to know about the origin of energy?

ROTFL.gif
It has been proven by a repeatable experiment that energy cannot be created.

What do you claim then - just that science doesn't know everything? If so, what does that have to do with the OP?

OP took the position that if one does not flatly accept the flawed science of the likes of Ed and InTheMiddle, then they are unfit for office.

ROTFL.gif

So you are saying that it is not possible that science can be wrong about the origin of energy.

Thanks again, Flat-Earther!

LOL

Hey, Sniper, my GPS is broke. It won't tell me where hell is.

Where exactly is the hell the lies came from located?

Hey, Sniper, my GPS is broke. It won't tell me where hell is.

Where exactly is the hell the lies came from located?

Reminds me of a spam e-mail I got from a "friend of a friend" about how she believes in Hell because they have dug a very deep mine in Russian and could hear the wails of the Damned below them.......:lol::lol::lol: She was totally serious.

ROTFL.gif

So you are saying that it is not possible that science can be wrong about the origin of energy.

LOL
I'm saying that if you want to claim that energy can be created YOU must prove it with a repeatable experiment.

OP took the position that if one does not flatly accept the flawed science of the likes of Ed and InTheMiddle, then they are unfit for office.

The OP suggested that Broun is unfit for the science committee. He is not fit to decide upon matters of science on behalf of the American public.

God is not threatened by science. Only stupid people are.

The claim the Earth is only 9,000 years old has been thoroughly debunked.

The politician's ignorance is comprehensive, and so is the ignorance expressed in this topic.

I doubt those who jeer at the theories of evolution and the Big Bang have ever spent more than ten minutes examining those studies. Their statements reveal as much.

What is sailing over the head of the ignorant is the fact that science is an evidence-based field. You want to believe in God? Go right ahead. But the moment you make a claim about divine intervention on Earth, you had better bring some evidence.

You want to see evidence of a Big Bang? Science has whole libraries of evidence. Cosmic background radiation, the abundance of light elements, red-shifting, and on and on.

Of course, it takes real work to comprehend real science. Lots of math. Lots of study.

Hard, hard work.

What do we have on the other side? A guy who sat down and added up the chronological ages of the people in the bible and came up with 6,000 years.

That kind of reasoning is easily debunked and makes people who believe in it look foolish. They do not represent religion very well, much less science.

People who jeer at science are simply intellectually lazy.

The only conflict between science and religion is that which is created by fearful, ignorant fools. If your faith revolves around stupid, easily debunked concepts, then your faith is pathetically weak.

God did not disappear when ignorant religious people were forced to finally believe the Earth was not the center of the solar system. Nor did he disappear with the Big Bang.

Last edited:

LOL
I'm saying that if you want to claim that energy can be created YOU must prove it with a repeatable experiment.

But there is no claim that energy can be created.

The only claim is that there is a POSSIBILITY of such, as science certainly does not know what it does not know. Only a flat-earther would shut his mind to possibilities to protect his deeply held religious beliefs.

You have failed again.

LOL

The claim the Earth is only 9,000 years old has been thoroughly debunked.

The politician's ignorance is comprehensive, and so is the ignorance expressed in this topic.

I doubt those who jeer at the theories of evolution and the Big Bang have ever spent more than ten minutes examining those studies. Their statements reveal as much.

What is sailing over the head of the ignorant is the fact that science is an evidence-based field. You want to believe in God? Go right ahead. But the moment you make a claim about divine intervention on Earth, you had better bring some evidence.

You want to see evidence of a Big Bang? Science has whole libraries of evidence. Cosmic background radiation, the abundance of light elements, red-shifting, and on and on.

Of course, it takes real work to comprehend real science. Lots of math. Lots of study.

Hard, hard work.

What do we have on the other side? A guy who sat down and added up the chronological ages of the people in the bible and came up with 6,000 years.

That kind of reasoning is easily debunked and makes people who believe in it look foolish. They do not represent religion very well, much less science.

People who jeer at science are simply intellectually lazy.

The only conflict between science and religion is that which is created by fearful, ignorant fools. If your faith revolves around stupid, easily debunked concepts, then your faith is pathetically weak.

Just for the sake of reality.

Science is now questioning the big bang theory. Seems some new evidence has come as of late.........

As we increase our understanding old fables find peace....

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Einstein is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century, and is associated with major revolutions in our thinking about time, gravity, and the conversion of matter to energy (E=mc2). Although never coming to belief in a personal God, he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe. The Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: "Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." This actually motivated his interest in science, as he once remarked to a young physicist: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein's famous epithet on the "uncertainty principle" was "God does not play dice" - and to him this was a real statement about a God in whom he believed. A famous saying of his was "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Forum List

Back