Liberty University-Romney delivers deeply spiritual address, but avoids his Mormonism

I was kind of hoping Romney would regale them with tales of Hebrew Submarines and Jesus riding an elephant...

So your hate extends to Christians in general?

Were their Submarines and American Elephants in the regular bible?

I just thought that would be amusing, if Romney let them alll know about another Testement of Jesus, just like he used to annoy French People in the 1960's when the poor people were going off and dying in Vietnam.

(And, yes, I'm hostile to all religions.... have you not been paying attention?)

I was kind of hoping Romney would regale them with tales of Hebrew Submarines and Jesus riding an elephant...

I just thought that would be amusing, if Romney let them alll know about another Testement of Jesus, just like he used to annoy French People in the 1960's when the poor people were going off and dying in Vietnam.

(And, yes, I'm hostile to all religions.... have you not been paying attention?)

There's none of that stuff in the "Mormon Bible" so basically you were rambling at best. And it's sad that you can't respect people's spiritual beliefs. That says more about you than them.

There's none of that stuff in the "Mormon Bible" so basically you were rambling at best. And it's sad that you can't respect people's spiritual beliefs. That says more about you than them.

The book of Mormon has a whole account about Elephants being used in war in the Book of Ether. They also discuss submarines being used by the Jaredites to get to the New World.

So, yeah, while I am trivializing the stupidity, that's what's in there, and it's bunk.

Why should I respect spiritual beliefs that are plain silly?

If a 25 years old came up to me and told me he still believed in Santa, I would think he was an idiot. And if I showed him pictures of the North Poll (no Workshop) and the receipts where his parents bought him his presents at the store, and he still insisted their was a Santa, I would think he was some kind of retard.

But you slap some silly ass beliefs in vestements and call it a religion, and it becomes less silly?

I don't think so.

And if Romney were so proud of his beliefs, he wouldn't dodge the questions when people ask them.

The phrase "Trust in God not man". means you shouldn't go around idolizing false prophets. Like Obama for instance because look where it's taking us.

Besides, Obama has avoided his Muslim religion. I don't see you complaining about it.

At least I understand why you term yourself "mad"; I see little nothing negative about Romney in this speech, he spike only of that which is known. With some Americans irrational, to the point of actually believing Obama is, or ever was, a Muslim, some will be irrational to the point of seeing evil in Romney's faith also.

Naturally, because rdean is ignorant of Mormonism, he cant see clearly Mormon values that non-mormon christians likewise share.

I recommend he read the Book of Mormon for himself so he can learn truly what Mormon values are.

Then I suggest he continue learning by reading the Bible. That way He can learn of values that Mormons and other Christians share.

Then I hope someday he will realize that Christianity teaches people to help the poor. Not outsource their "help" to the government.

Neither of which is in the Book of Mormon. I suggest actually reading it sometime. That way you wont look so ignorant.

The book of Mormon has a whole account about Elephants being used in war in the Book of Ether. They also discuss submarines being used by the Jaredites to get to the New World.

So, yeah, while I am trivializing the stupidity, that's what's in there, and it's bunk.

Why should I respect spiritual beliefs that are plain silly?

If a 25 years old came up to me and told me he still believed in Santa, I would think he was an idiot. And if I showed him pictures of the North Poll (no Workshop) and the receipts where his parents bought him his presents at the store, and he still insisted their was a Santa, I would think he was some kind of retard.

But you slap some silly ass beliefs in vestements and call it a religion, and it becomes less silly?

I don't think so.

And if Romney were so proud of his beliefs, he wouldn't dodge the questions when people ask them.

Hmmm. Is somebody a bitter ex-Mormon?

Neither of which is in the Book of Mormon. I suggest actually reading it sometime. That way you wont look so ignorant.

What's in there is equally silly...

The Book of Mormon says that the Nephites road war elephants. Probably plausible in 1830 when they were finding mastodon fossils and didn't know what they were or how old they were. Today, it looks silly. So are accounts of horses, chariots, coins, barely, wheat and other things that didn't exist in the Americas until the Europeans introduced them.

As for the Jaredites riding around in Submarines..

For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you.
— Ether 2:24

And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish.
— Ether 6:7

And thus they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could break them, neither whale that could mar them; and they did have light continually, whether it was above the water or under the water.
— Ether 6:10

You do actually read your own book, don't you?

Nah. Just a bitter anti-mormon

Nah, more like depressed.

Humanity will truly be better off when we get rid of religion, but if we can't even slap down the silly cults and frauds like Mormonism, how the hell are we ever going to evolve?

Yea, libs are generally against religion and the Constitution. :eusa_hand:

Well, yeah, I guess I don't hold things as "sacred" without evaluation and never did.

One more time, and realizing your kind of stupid, when was the last time you stoned to death a female aquantience because she wasn't a virgin when she was married. (Is anyone still a virgin on their wedding night?)

But, shit, man, that's in the bible, why aren't you doing that. It's "sacred".

Nah, more like depressed.

Humanity will truly be better off when we get rid of religion, but if we can't even slap down the silly cults and frauds like Mormonism, how the hell are we ever going to evolve?

Yea, libs are generally against religion and the Constitution. :eusa_hand:

Well, yeah, I guess I don't hold things as "sacred" without evaluation and never did.

One more time, and realizing your kind of stupid, when was the last time you stoned to death a female aquantience because she wasn't a virgin when she was married. (Is anyone still a virgin on their wedding night?)

But, shit, man, that's in the bible, why aren't you doing that. It's "sacred".

Give me the King James Bible verse that states that. Also, when was the last time you heard of a stoning at a Christian church? If you're going to Christian bash then be freaking realistic. If that's all you got, it just shows how desperate you are to hate.

Liberty teaches that Mormonism is a cult, and university officials took down a commencement Facebook page after it was flooded with hundreds of posts objecting to Romney's appearance.

Romney seeks evangelical votes - Chicago Tribune

Liberty is a "tier four" school. Is it any wonder considering what they teach?

Liberty University disputing evolution | The News & Advance

Liberty leans toward young- Earth creationism, DeWitt said, which is a literal interpretation of the Bible that God created the heavens, Earth and all life in seven days, less than 10,000 years ago.

Creationism as a course of scientific study is shunned at many universities, where it is not recognized as a scientific explanation for the origin of life.

Obama has been the hugest failure since FDR if not ever. Who the f cares. I'd vote in a monkey before I'd cast a vote for Obama.

So you couldn't think of anything either. Don't you know how pathetic that is?

Obama has been a disaster. It'd be grossly irresponsible to give him a second term. Even Bill Clinton got that when he called Obama an "amateur" and urged Hillary to run against him in the 2012 primaries.

How has Obama been a "disaster"? Facts, not Republicans talking points.

The phrase "Trust in God not man". means you shouldn't go around idolizing false prophets. Like Obama for instance because look where it's taking us.

Besides, Obama has avoided his Muslim religion. I don't see you complaining about it.

See what I mean? Your kind had damaged the country terribly.

Your posts show a depth of ignorance, hypocrisy, exaggeration and disingenuous crap that even TruthMocker looks honest in comparison.

You have the intellect of a peanut.

Personal attack after you get called out on a lie you just told? Didn't see that coming.

Forum List

Back