Liberals On Abortion

Oh, boy, another round of Number-pointed Crazy from the Mail Order Bride From Hell.

Okay, one more time. You guys get your ban on abortion, how are you going to enforce it?

Are you going to lock up women for getting abortions? Because honestly, I don't see anything less than that as being a deterrent, now that we have DIY abortion pills.

The fact is this:

False Pathos for the unborn, it is a wedge issue like guns, gays and gods.

How can we tell, the same people who support Right to Life are the same people who vote for Republicans, those who won't support CHIP, ACA and Medicaid.

Agreed yet they really think they are fair minded and protecting individual rights. They never consider the rights of the fetus. It’s crazy.

Rights are bestowed at birth. The idea that a fetus (or anything else inside a woman's body) has "rights" is insane. Trying to enact such insanity, into real policy, will create a nightmarish police state that has authority over the insides of our bodies. That's seriously fucked up.

Rights are bestowed at birth . . . by whom? Who says? You state this like it's a universal truth known and accepted by everyone. Newsflash: it isn't. So before you rush on to making your point based on this as an accepted reality, I'd suggest you spend a little time proving this assertion.

Agreed yet they really think they are fair minded and protecting individual rights. They never consider the rights of the fetus. It’s crazy.

Rights are bestowed at birth. The idea that a fetus (or anything else inside a woman's body) has "rights" is insane. Trying to enact such insanity, into real policy, will create a nightmarish police state that has authority over the insides of our bodies. That's seriously fucked up.
Why do pregnant women have the right to murder? Shouldn’t all of us have the same rights?

If you have a better solution for killing living human beings because they're inconvenient than the law, I'd like to hear it.

Have you considered trying to change society through voluntary means? The real problem, politically, is that there's no consensus on the matter. Even if you manage to pass laws banning abortion, they will have a tentative hold at best - waiting to be repealed as soon as we swing back in the liberal direction.

If you really want the change to stick, you need to do the real work of building that consensus first. If you succeed at that, if you can really convince a dominant majority of voters that you're right, we probably won't need the law. And if you can't make that happen, then it shouldn't be a law.

And
Parents don't own their children
Yet on the other hand you say they do OWN them. You think they are property to be destroyed

There is something wrong with individuals like this....they do not understand either humanity or relationships.

That's what allows them to be so callous.

Fetuses aren't children.

I understand humanity perfectly well. For instance, I've been watching the Right Wing and their masters manipulate stupid people like you for 45 years on this issue. It's kind of awesome... They show you some pictures of medical waste, scream about the poor babies, and you guys pretty much voted away every protection you had as a consumer or a worker.

Why do pregnant women have the right to murder? Shouldn’t all of us have the same rights?

If someone has literally, not physically, attached themselves to your body and had an effect on your health, maybe.
No. The law is to be applied equally to us all. I want the right to murder too. You might be my first CHOICE.

One has to be crazy to believe slaughtering babies is OK.

Likewise, one has to be crazy to think putting government in charge of reproduction is OK. You can't solve every problem with a law.
How is protecting the life of the unborn putting government in charge?

If the government claims jurisdiction over the womb, they're in charge.

If society declines to protect one life, it loses authority to protect all others.

Put another way, if you insist that killing a baby is a "private decision that's no business of government", then you forfeit any right to demand that government protect YOUR life or those of people you care about.

You can keep babbling about "the womb", "jurisdiction over the womb", "contents of the body" until your fingers fall off. It's not going to magically become reality, whether you're actually scientifically illiterate enough to actually believe it or it's just a euphemism you're using to rationalize what you want.

An unborn child is a separate, distinct, living human being. Either it is appropriate for government to protect his life the same as it protects yours, or it is a "private individual decision" for someone to kill you because they want to steal your car. YOU consider yourself to be more important and meaningful than that fetus, but that - like everything else you assert as fact - is just your opinion.

Rights are bestowed at birth . . . by whom? Who says? You state this like it's a universal truth known and accepted by everyone. Newsflash: it isn't. So before you rush on to making your point based on this as an accepted reality, I'd suggest you spend a little time proving this assertion.
By the US Constitution. The 14th amendment says that all persons born in the US are citizens of the US with all the rights, benefits, and protections thereof. It doesn't mention the non-existent rights of the fetus.

By the US Constitution. The 14th amendment says that all persons born in the US are citizens of the US with all the rights, benefits, and protections thereof. It doesn't mention the non-existent rights of the fetus.
So that justifies killing it?

It is more than interesting that Democrats use the same policy for infanticide that they did for slavery:

a. If the person was in Mississippi, he was a slave; in Connecticut, the very same person would be free

b. baby in the birth canal can be slaughtered in the most brutal manner; a few centimeters later, and, as the Democrat Governor of Virginia states, it could be decided by the mother.

One has to be crazy to believe slaughtering babies is OK.

Likewise, one has to be crazy to think putting government in charge of reproduction is OK. You can't solve every problem with a law.
How is protecting the life of the unborn putting government in charge?

If the government claims jurisdiction over the womb, they're in charge.
BS. It’s legalized murder plain and simple.

Why don’t I get the right to murder? Why is it limited to a pregnant woman?

Because dblack is infected with left-think and believes that rights are conveyed by whether or not the correct people decide you deserve to have them. HE has rights, and it's not "worshipping at the altar of the omnipotent state" for HIS life to have government protection, but it's OUTRAGEOUS and fascistic for anyone to assume that same right to protection extends to someone he, in his immense scientific "knowledge" straight out of the Stone Age, deems to not deserve it.

dblack spends a lot of time asserting his personal opinions as fact and his appalling ignorance as cutting-edge science.

It is more than interesting that Democrats use the same policy for infanticide that they did for slavery:

a. If the person was in Mississippi, he was a slave; in Connecticut, the very same person would be free

b. baby in the birth canal can be slaughtered in the most brutal manner; a few centimeters later, and, as the Democrat Governor of Virginia states, it could be decided by the mother.
The 14th amendment was adopted in 1868 which was after slavery was abolished, and was supported by President Grant and the Republicans of the time.

That's what KIng Charles III said of the Colonists. The very idea that his ownership of citizens relieves them of their civil rights is what was insane back in the 1770s. We proved that we do have rights. And we exercise them, dblack. We exercise our rights, those of our offspring, those of our loved ones. Human beings and citizens of this country have rights. As I pointed out in an earlier post on this thread, a baby was murdered inside its mother's womb by a crazy man. Its number made the kill at 14. It stands to this day. That baby was a person in 1966, 60,000,000 babies who were aborted were persons, but 60,000,000 times evil influences killed them off. The consequence is foreign invasion over our southern border. Our Congress was too cowardly to deem them human beings from conception, so people who do not wish to be bothered with babies claimed the right to kill those little human beings. That's right from conception on, the human being is not merely a "group of cells," it's a human being in the process of sorting out what it will be like when it grows up, arm length, height, strength, hair and eye color, shade of skin, everything. And from the beginning, that little cell mass tries its best to survive and thrive. Killing such a person because one failed to use contraceptives is not an excuse, it's a death warrant, and it's evil as sin gets.

An unborn child is a separate, distinct, living human being. Either it is appropriate for government to protect his life the same as it protects yours, or it is a "private individual decision" for someone to kill you because they want to steal your car. YOU consider yourself to be more important and meaningful than that fetus, but that - like everything else you assert as fact - is just your opinion.

Okay, here's the problem with that bit of stupidity.

We can make murder laws work because at the end of the day, when you have a body, witnesses and actual evidence, people will convict.

The thing about abortion laws is more often than not, you don't have a "body" (Something that is the size of a peanut can be washed down a sink), the only witnesses are the woman and her provider, and people won't convict because half of us have no problem with abortion.

Since you guys like to bring Gosnell up, his case was kind of instructive. He was so bad at his job he killed his adult patients, he ran a truly awful clinic.... oh, yeah, and he was dealing drugs.

Yet the prosecutors started out with 100 counts of fetal murder. That was quickly whittled down to 7 as they could not determine how old the other fetuses they recovered were. That was further whittled down to four by the judge, and the jury ONLY convicted on three.

I promise you, if I ever found myself on a jury judging an abortion case, I would do everything I could to get an acquital or a mistrial. So would a lot of people.

If you aren't willing to prosecute women for having abortions, then any law you come up with is meaningless.

You’re crazy and murderous. You demand the right to murder. It’s sick.

Yes. Color me evil. Then you can ignore my arguments. You can ignore your hypocrisy and revel in self-righteous zeal as you build a fascist state. Go team!
That is highly untrue. Gipper is correct. You are running a little false narrative that has killed a large segment of the American population. You are the one who is in trouble, not the Gipper.

Forum List

Back