Liberals Fail to Confirm Trump Claim Muslims Celebrated Towers Crashing on 9-11 proves it a lie?

That's OK.Right wingers always have a hard time estimating the size of crowds. American Spring was supposed to have at least a million, and possibly 30 million. They had a little better than 100.

Nobody said there weren't radicals, and I hate that as much as you do,but that video doesn't show thousands and thousands of radicals on the street celebrating 9/11. Go to youtube and type in Street preachers, and you will see lots of so called Christians saying similar things.

So let's get this straight, Trump says that some Muslims were celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers then various liberal journalists do a half hearted attempt to confirm it, predictably fail, and that is supposed to prove Trump is lying?

roflmao.

I remember the stories on the TV about this when it happened and I saw some small groups of Muslims celebrate it also at a place I worked. I wanted to kill them right there on the spot.

But also predictably, some people double check the fact checkers and guess what? TRUMP IS RIGHT ONCE AGAIN!

If Trump lied about 9/11 celebrations in NJ, why did WaPo report in 2001 that it happened?

Or, maybe, possibly, these liberal "fact checkers" are just not very good at their jobs. Powerline Blog's Hindraker noted that after the dinosaur media announced their inability to confirm Trump's tale, he thought he'd give it a go:

So NPR, the New York Times and the Associated Press searched contemporaneous news accounts and could find no evidence of Muslim-Americans cheering in Jersey City. That’s odd. Because it took me less than two minutes to find this story from the Washington Post dated September 18, 2001 . . .

If you want to read the entire Post story, you can do so here. You can quibble if you want with the details of Trump's recollection - whether there were really "thousands" or a much smaller number, but as Rob pointed out earlier when we were talking instead of working, if that's what your quibble comes down to, you haven't exactly caught Trump in the yuuuuuuuge lie that the media's headlines would imply.

And boy are they going to town with it, using some of the most twisted "fact checking" logic you've ever heard. Consider this from Business Insider (emphasis mine):

Despite Trump's insistence that he saw such celebrations, political fact-checkers across the board have found little to no evidence of any public celebrations after the attacks.

PolitiFact noted that there were several media reports of police inquiries into individuals who were suspected of celebrating the attacks in Jersey City and nearby Paterson, but there is no evidence that these investigations revealed any actual celebrations or resulted in any convictions.

"This defies basic logic," PolitiFact's Lauren Carroll wrote in a "Pants on Fire" ruling.

"If thousands and thousands of people were celebrating the 9/11 attacks on American soil, many people beyond Trump would remember it," Carroll continued. "And in the 21st century, there would be video or visual evidence."

So let me see if I have this straight. Trump says he saw celebrations. PolitiFact acknowledges there were police reports to that effect, but insists that because the existence of 14-year-old police reports don't constitute incontrovertible proof the celebrations happened, the negative is proven and Trump is a liar.

actually, it's trump's job to probe his assertion was true. you can't prove a negative.

but please... keep supporting pathological liars....

:cuckoo:

This is silly, its on Trump to prove it exists. He cant so in typical RW fashion he doubles down and calls names

This is silly, its on Trump to prove it exists. He cant so in typical RW fashion he doubles down and calls names
No, it is not on Trump to prove jack shit as millions of people remember the stuff happening.

Trump may be using hyperbole, but to focus on the gotchaness of just exactly how many there were vrs how many Trump thinks he remembers is beside the point; WE ARE AT WAR, so shut the fuck up and get out of the way, jack ass.

No, it is not on Trump to prove jack shit as millions of people remember the stuff happening.

No they dont, and if they did it should be easy to prove it since millions saw it. But you cant, because its bullshit
People all over the country have said they saw it, including me. It was not thousands, but it did happen.

No they dont, and if they did it should be easy to prove it since millions saw it. But you cant, because its bullshit
People all over the country have said they saw it, including me. It was not thousands, but it did happen.

What you say doesnt matter. People are able to SAY anything. Here I'll prove it. Jim Bowie was the 9/11 Mastermind. I saw him in Saudi Arabia!

Does that mean its true? Or do you require something more substantial like....proof?

Trump cant prove it...someone that says something that cannot be proven is known as a liar, unless they can prove it. Which he cannot.

So let's get this straight, Trump says that some Muslims were celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers then various liberal journalists do a half hearted attempt to confirm it, predictably fail, and that is supposed to prove Trump is lying?

roflmao.

I remember the stories on the TV about this when it happened and I saw some small groups of Muslims celebrate it also at a place I worked. I wanted to kill them right there on the spot.

But also predictably, some people double check the fact checkers and guess what? TRUMP IS RIGHT ONCE AGAIN!

If Trump lied about 9/11 celebrations in NJ, why did WaPo report in 2001 that it happened?

Or, maybe, possibly, these liberal "fact checkers" are just not very good at their jobs. Powerline Blog's Hindraker noted that after the dinosaur media announced their inability to confirm Trump's tale, he thought he'd give it a go:

So NPR, the New York Times and the Associated Press searched contemporaneous news accounts and could find no evidence of Muslim-Americans cheering in Jersey City. That’s odd. Because it took me less than two minutes to find this story from the Washington Post dated September 18, 2001 . . .

If you want to read the entire Post story, you can do so here. You can quibble if you want with the details of Trump's recollection - whether there were really "thousands" or a much smaller number, but as Rob pointed out earlier when we were talking instead of working, if that's what your quibble comes down to, you haven't exactly caught Trump in the yuuuuuuuge lie that the media's headlines would imply.

And boy are they going to town with it, using some of the most twisted "fact checking" logic you've ever heard. Consider this from Business Insider (emphasis mine):

Despite Trump's insistence that he saw such celebrations, political fact-checkers across the board have found little to no evidence of any public celebrations after the attacks.

PolitiFact noted that there were several media reports of police inquiries into individuals who were suspected of celebrating the attacks in Jersey City and nearby Paterson, but there is no evidence that these investigations revealed any actual celebrations or resulted in any convictions.

"This defies basic logic," PolitiFact's Lauren Carroll wrote in a "Pants on Fire" ruling.

"If thousands and thousands of people were celebrating the 9/11 attacks on American soil, many people beyond Trump would remember it," Carroll continued. "And in the 21st century, there would be video or visual evidence."

So let me see if I have this straight. Trump says he saw celebrations. PolitiFact acknowledges there were police reports to that effect, but insists that because the existence of 14-year-old police reports don't constitute incontrovertible proof the celebrations happened, the negative is proven and Trump is a liar.

That's OK.Right wingers always have a hard time estimating the size of crowds. American Spring was supposed to have at least a million, and possibly 30 million. They had a little better than 100.
we didn't claim a million man march with 100 thousand.

ftfy
People all over the country have said they saw it, including me. It was not thousands, and it did happen

Has nothing to do with New Jersey.

Yeah, that is why I stated, "Thousands of Muslims from around the world celebrating 9-11", dude.
But the pathological lying scum POS Trump said Jersey City. :asshole:
ObamaNotOnOurSide_zpsu1xecprb.jpg
and with obamacare if you have insurance you will be able to keep your insurance. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doh!

Forum List

Back