Liberals Fail to Confirm Trump Claim Muslims Celebrated Towers Crashing on 9-11 proves it a lie?

5 Young Israelis, Caught in Net of Suspicion

There was no proof that they were celebrating, but they were held for 27 days under suspicion.
So you admit then that is no proof.

Yes. I do admit that there was no proof that thousands of Muslims in New Jersey were celebrating. There was no proof that even the 5 Israelis were. Trump is just making shit up.
No, he is not you fucking liar and I gave proof. He exaggerated, certainly, but he did not lie.

You provided no proof. You posted a video of Palestinians cheering on the attacks thousands of miles away. Even if it were true dozens would be an exaggeration. Hundreds celebrating would be on the scale of a riot. Thousands is just an outright lie.

Here is what Trump said

"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

He then added:
..It was well covered at the time, George [Stephanopolous]now, I know they don't like to talk about it, but it was well covered at the time. There were people over in New Jersey that were watching it,a heavy Arab population, that were cheering as the buildings came down. Not good....

It was not clear what Mr. Trump was referring to. There were cheers of support in some Middle Eastern countries that day, which were broadcast on television. But a persistent Internet rumor of Muslims celebrating in Paterson, N.J., was discounted by police officials at the time. A search of news accounts from that period shows no reports of mass cheering in Jersey City.
Trump Insists He Witnessed Cheering Muslims on 9/11

Here is what Trump said

"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

He then added:
..It was well covered at the time, George [Stephanopolous]now, I know they don't like to talk about it, but it was well covered at the time. There were people over in New Jersey that were watching it,a heavy Arab population, that were cheering as the buildings came down. Not good....

It was not clear what Mr. Trump was referring to. There were cheers of support in some Middle Eastern countries that day, which were broadcast on television. But a persistent Internet rumor of Muslims celebrating in Paterson, N.J., was discounted by police officials at the time. A search of news accounts from that period shows no reports of mass cheering in Jersey City.
Trump Insists He Witnessed Cheering Muslims on 9/11
ISISPervert_zpsf22pztdf.jpg

Pathological liar Trump said THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS were celebrating in Jersey City and that he saw it on TV and it was well covered at the time.

The Patterson claim was proven to be a hoax, and the Jersey City celebrants were 5 Israelis, not Arabs as pathological liar Trump claimed, and not thousands and thousands.
Bullshit Ed, these Muslim fools were celebvrating just like blacks did when OJ got the innocent verdict.

Prove that anti-Semitic horse crap that the 'Isrealis were behind it' ya doofus.
The Israelis were cheering, but you lying scum need a Straw Man so YOU change it to Israel did 9/11.

Last edited:
Thousands of Muslims from around the world celebrating 9-11. I remember seeing videos vvery similar to this around the time of 9-11, and I personally heard several Muslims laughing and joking about what happened at the time.
Around the world is NOT Jersey City, and you heard YOURSELF laughing and joking on 9/11, you America-hating POS.

no matter how much they try to spin and lie about Trump. they FAIL at it and they fail the American people for doing it. but they don't care because even lying is ok with them if it helps them WIN power over us and they can also line their own pockets with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ while steamrolling over us at the same time.

that's why we need to VOTE out this media and Progressives like Obama (that would be Hillary, Bernie, democrats) OUT OF OUR LIVES come 2016. Show them we are FED UP

Pathological liar Trump said THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS were celebrating in Jersey City and that he saw it on TV and it was well covered at the time.

The Patterson claim was proven to be a hoax, and the Jersey City celebrants were 5 Israelis, not Arabs as pathological liar Trump claimed, and not thousands and thousands.
Bullshit Ed, these Muslim fools were celebvrating just like blacks did when OJ got the innocent verdict.

Prove that anti-Semitic horse crap that the 'Isrealis were behind it' ya doofus.

There was no proof that they were celebrating, but they were held for 27 days under suspicion.
A witness who saw them celebrating and took their license plate number and reported them to the police said she could see they were happy, and they were held by Bush for 71 days before being deported.

So you admit then that is no proof.

Yes. I do admit that there was no proof that thousands of Muslims in New Jersey were celebrating. There was no proof that even the 5 Israelis were. Trump is just making shit up.
The witness who took down their license plate number and reported them to the police said she saw them happy and dancing.

The Israelis were cheering, but you lying scum need a Straw Man so YOU change it to Israel did it.

That is not proof, you fucking liar.

no matter how much they try to spin and lie about Trump. they FAIL at it and they fail the American people for doing it. but they don't care because even lying is ok with them if it helps them WIN power over us and they can also line their own pockets with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ while steamrolling over us at the same time.

that's why we need to VOTE out this media and Progressives like Obama (that would be Hillary, Bernie, democrats) OUT OF OUR LIVES come 2016. Show them we are FED UP
No matter how much Trump lies you will still kiss his fat lying ass.

A witness who saw them celebrating and took their license plate number and reported them to the police said she could see they were happy, and they were held by Bush for 71 days before being deported.
DidYouKnow_zpsnzlegdwh.jpg

Rejecting your lies is not kissing Trumps ass, stupid fuck.

Lying to defend pathological liar Trump IS! :asshole:

You need a break from Politics before you break into full blown insanity. you're damn close now. go smell the roses or something. stop making an ass of yourself. you lefties didn't and don't care about all of Obama lies so you can stop blowing smoke up our asses like we are suppose to believe you care about Trumps supposed lies

Last edited:

Lying to defend pathological liar Trump IS! :asshole:
No, when Trump tells a blatant lie, I'll call him on it, and early on I did not trust the man and criticized him on several points, like his support for the Keelo decision.

But you libtards will never criticize Obamy no matter how many leis he tells, no matter how m any innocent people die from the guns he allowed to go to the Mexican drug Lords, no matter how many hundreds of thousands of veterans die waiting for treatment in his VA, nor will you call him on simple bullshit like his containment of ISIS.

Yeah, you stupid ideological cretins are hilarious when you slam on Trump for exaggerating and calling it a lie. It's actually ironic.

So let's get this straight, Trump says that some Muslims were celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers then various liberal journalists do a half hearted attempt to confirm it, predictably fail, and that is supposed to prove Trump is lying?

roflmao.

I remember the stories on the TV about this when it happened and I saw some small groups of Muslims celebrate it also at a place I worked. I wanted to kill them right there on the spot.

But also predictably, some people double check the fact checkers and guess what? TRUMP IS RIGHT ONCE AGAIN!

If Trump lied about 9/11 celebrations in NJ, why did WaPo report in 2001 that it happened?

Or, maybe, possibly, these liberal "fact checkers" are just not very good at their jobs. Powerline Blog's Hindraker noted that after the dinosaur media announced their inability to confirm Trump's tale, he thought he'd give it a go:

So NPR, the New York Times and the Associated Press searched contemporaneous news accounts and could find no evidence of Muslim-Americans cheering in Jersey City. That’s odd. Because it took me less than two minutes to find this story from the Washington Post dated September 18, 2001 . . .

If you want to read the entire Post story, you can do so here. You can quibble if you want with the details of Trump's recollection - whether there were really "thousands" or a much smaller number, but as Rob pointed out earlier when we were talking instead of working, if that's what your quibble comes down to, you haven't exactly caught Trump in the yuuuuuuuge lie that the media's headlines would imply.

And boy are they going to town with it, using some of the most twisted "fact checking" logic you've ever heard. Consider this from Business Insider (emphasis mine):

Despite Trump's insistence that he saw such celebrations, political fact-checkers across the board have found little to no evidence of any public celebrations after the attacks.

PolitiFact noted that there were several media reports of police inquiries into individuals who were suspected of celebrating the attacks in Jersey City and nearby Paterson, but there is no evidence that these investigations revealed any actual celebrations or resulted in any convictions.

"This defies basic logic," PolitiFact's Lauren Carroll wrote in a "Pants on Fire" ruling.

"If thousands and thousands of people were celebrating the 9/11 attacks on American soil, many people beyond Trump would remember it," Carroll continued. "And in the 21st century, there would be video or visual evidence."

So let me see if I have this straight. Trump says he saw celebrations. PolitiFact acknowledges there were police reports to that effect, but insists that because the existence of 14-year-old police reports don't constitute incontrovertible proof the celebrations happened, the negative is proven and Trump is a liar.

Strange, you remember that Ben Carson also said he saw Muslims in the U.S.A. celebrating? But as Newsmax (definitely not a leftwing media outlet) said in a headline;

Carson Backs Off Claim He Saw Muslims in US Cheering 9/11
"A spokesman for the retired neurosurgeon said Carson "does not stand behind" his statement to reporters hours earlier that he saw news reports of Muslims in New Jersey cheering the 2001 terrorist attacks. Republican rival Donald Trump has repeatedly made such claims in recent days, despite strong pushback from local officials.

"He does not believe Muslim Americans in New Jersey were celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers," Carson spokesman Doug Watts said. "Rather he recalls the ample news footage of crowds in the Middle East celebrating the tragic events of 9/11."

That's a weird way of putting it too isn't it? Carson's spokesman says "Carson does not stand behind" his own statement. Sounds like he's calling himself a liar or something. "He does not believe Muslim Americans in New Jersey were celebrating the fall of the Twin Towers". Why didn't he just leave it at "Ben's memory from 14 years ago was faulty". That's no big deal. These two guys at the top of the R primary list sometimes display the same foot-in-mouth problem.
Carson has every right to say whatever he wants. He may have confused his memory of videos of Muslims around the world celbrating 9-11 with referances to celebrants in New Jersey.

That does not prove that there were no celebrations in New Jersey.

Let me parse out your post a bit, t think I'll show we don't really disagree too much;

"Carson has every right to say whatever he wants"
With a little more thought you'd probably retract that statement. Candidates have a responsibility to communicate as truthfully as possible, especially if their statement on an event might arouse hatred, even violence between groups, no doubt Carson himself would agree with that. Their are other restrictions on a public figures speech that wouldn't be so important coming from one of us peons so I think that's a no-brainer that you've probably already come around on. I'm not calling him a lar on this by the way.
"He may have confused his memory of videos of Muslims around the world celbrating 9-11 with referances to celebrants in New Jersey." That's just another way of saying what I said - "Why didn't he just leave it at "Ben's memory from 14 years ago was faulty".
"That does not prove that there were no celebrations in New Jersey". Unfortunately there are Muslims all over the world who hate America, even in New Jersey and I think it's probable a relatively small percentage of New Jersey Muslims did celebrate the terrorist acts of 9/11.
Where we probably differ is that I say these two guys attract strange/weird controversies at times like carrion attracts buzzards.
(let me add that although I've tried I haven't found incontrovertible evidence that Israeli's were observed celebrating on that day as well.) As a matter of fact there are myriad incidents of eerie synchronicity surrounding that day such as seem to accumulate around days with complex events occurring of almost apocalyptic magnitude. These days usually reverberate through history and breed conspiracy theories as well as unfortunately fomenting societal undercurrents of vengeful angst and rage.

Let me parse out your post a bit, t think I'll show we don't really disagree too much;

I think that is true of the 95% of the NOT Marxist American public, but we let the Multinational Corporations divide us against ourselves and then they rob the national treasury like they did with QE to Infinity.

"Carson has every right to say whatever he wants" With a little more thought you'd probably retract that statement. Candidates have a responsibility to communicate as truthfully as possible, especially if their statement on an event might arouse hatred, even violence between groups, no doubt Carson himself would agree with that. Their are other restrictions on a public figures speech that wouldn't be so important coming from one of us peons so I think that's a no-brainer that you've probably already come around on. I'm not calling him a lar on this by the way.

I think he has a right to lie, if he chooses to do so, but he has to be ready to accept the consequences of telling those lies.

"He may have confused his memory of videos of Muslims around the world celbrating 9-11 with referances to celebrants in New Jersey." That's just another way of saying what I said - "Why didn't he just leave it at "Ben's memory from 14 years ago was faulty".
"That does not prove that there were no celebrations in New Jersey". Unfortunately there are Muslims all over the world who hate America, even in New Jersey and I think it's probable a relatively small percentage of New Jersey Muslims did celebrate the terrorist acts of 9/11.

I totally agree with that.

Where we probably differ is that I say these two guys attract strange/weird controversies at times like carrion attracts buzzards.

I think Trump uses such statements to manipulate the media into giving him free air time. Did you know he has not even spent $2 million yet and he totally dominates the race at this point, having spent a fraction of the money the others have.

Trump understands the media and he is playing them.

(let me add that although I've tried I haven't found incontrovertible evidence that Israeli's were observed celebrating on that day as well.)

That would be very weird and stupid. The man who owned the Twin Towers, if I understand it right, was a Jew who sent a lot of money to Isreal from his profits, and that was one of the reasons the Twin Towers were targeted repeatedly by AQ.

As a matter of fact there are myriad incidents of eerie synchronicity surrounding that day such as seem to accumulate around days with complex events occurring of almost apocalyptic magnitude. These days usually reverberate through history and breed conspiracy theories as well as unfortunately fomenting societal undercurrents of vengeful angst and rage.

That is certainly true, but then, I blame the shape changing lizard people. :)

Forum List

Back