Letterman Flings Slime at 14-Year-Old Willow Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in her criticism of Letterman she implicated an entire group of people as sharing the blame when in reality no one at all besides Letterman is responsible for what he said nor has anyone else ever made such a comment about Palin's daughters.

She is using the situation to cry "bad hollywood!" In other words she is using her daughter to make cheap political talking points.

She's a total skank.

Actually, you fucking idiot, she did the exact OPPOSITE.

"some Hollywood/NY entertainers" is what she said in her statement.
Palin vs. Letterman - The Note

And the comment about her daughter wasn't the only bad joke Letterman made about the Palins. He used Sarah as the focus for his Top 10....
Yep, and that implies exactly what I said it did. And Todd talking about rape...shit, these two dimwits are milking this for all it is worth, thus proving my point that they are USING THEIR DAUGHTER.

Scumbags.

I can't help but think that if this were a joke about some liberal politicians family, that many of you would reverse your opinions. That is that the leftists would denounce the comedian and rightwingers would defend him.

Partisan hypocrisy really hinders moral argument.

But it's the truth :clap2:

No, it is bullshit. She proved herself during the campaign to be an incompetent buffoon who thought cutesy catch phrases and winks at the camera could replace substance. Her act was an insult to the intelligence of American citizens. I'm sure McCains campaign is sorry they chose her as a running mate. If she was the best the Republicans had, then that means the Republicans are in sad shape.

B.S--McCain was down the toilet. His audiance prior to Palin was about 20 people.

Then how is it that McCain was very close to Obama in the polls?

He as nominee chased away the conservative republican base--"that is a KNOWN fact." His only saving grace was Sarah Palin who is a true conservative. McCain went from an audiance of 20 to over 60 thousand standing in the streets of Florida to watch Sarah Palin SPEAK.
THAT IS ALSO A FACT.

Obama was pampered by the left wing media--even Hillary Clinton complained about it. They hit Sarah Palin below the belt--edited out her answers--asked unbelievable questions--that HAD NOTHING to do with the economy--the war--& they most certainly did not ask her about her expertice which is ENERGY.

The left wing media in this country bamboozeled YOU--& you swallowed hook--line & sinker.:clap2: Because of people like you we have a community organizer taking over the private sector in this country-&-bankrupting this country.

No one bamboozled me - I arrived at my conclusion about Palin after listening to her stumble and sputter in a good number of interviews. Did you know she can see Russia from where she lives? LOL What kind of dumbshit answer was that to give in a campaign? It was pure stupid and that was not an isolated incident. Maybe you are the one who was fooled by her appearance that had no substance behind it. Yep, you betcha!

Still jabba jabba doing leftwing nutter butters? you can talk til hell freezes over and you will never justify or explain away depraved dave's treatment of Willow Palin,, newp you cannot!

Because in her criticism of Letterman she implicated an entire group of people as sharing the blame when in reality no one at all besides Letterman is responsible for what he said nor has anyone else ever made such a comment about Palin's daughters.

She is using the situation to cry "bad hollywood!" In other words she is using her daughter to make cheap political talking points.

She's a total skank.

And the comment about her daughter wasn't the only bad joke Letterman made about the Palins. He used Sarah as the focus for his Top 10....
Yep, and that implies exactly what I said it did. And Todd talking about rape...shit, these two dimwits are milking this for all it is worth, thus proving my point that they are USING THEIR DAUGHTER.

Scumbags.

SOME

Let's look up the definition of "some".

Then we'll look up the definition of "all" and see if the two are the same.

–adjective 1. being an undetermined or unspecified one: Some person may object.
2. (used with plural nouns) certain: Some days I stay home.
3. of a certain unspecified number, amount, degree, etc.: to some extent.
4. unspecified but considerable in number, amount, degree, etc.: We talked for some time. He was here some weeks.
5. Informal. of impressive or remarkable quality, consequence, extent, etc.: That was some storm.

–pronoun 6. certain persons, individuals, instances, etc., not specified: Some think he is dead.
7. an unspecified number, amount, etc., as distinguished from the rest or in addition: He paid a thousand dollars and then some.

–adverb 8. (used with numerals and with words expressing degree, extent, etc.) approximately; about: Some 300 were present.
9. Informal. to some degree or extent; somewhat: I like baseball some. She is feeling some better today.
10. Informal. to a great degree or extent; considerably: That's going some.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
bef. 900; ME (adj. and pronoun); OE sum orig., someone; c. MLG, MHG sum, ON sumr, Goth sums

Usage note:
As pronouns, both some and any may be used in affirmative or negative questions: Will you (won't you) have some? Do you (don't you) have any? But some is used in affirmative statements and answers: You may have some. Yes, I'd like some. And in negative statements and answers, any is the usual choice: I don't care for any. No, I can't take any.

Now ALL:

all  /ɔl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [awl] Show IPA
–adjective 1. the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
2. the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.
3. the greatest possible (used in referring to quality or degree): with all due respect; with all speed.
4. every: all kinds; all sorts.
5. any; any whatever: beyond all doubt.
6. nothing but; only: The coat is all wool.
7. dominated by or as if by the conspicuous possession or use of a particular feature: The colt was all legs. They were all ears, listening attentively to everything she said.
8. Chiefly Pennsylvania German. all gone; consumed; finished: The pie is all.

–pronoun 9. the whole quantity or amount: He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone.
10. the whole number; every one: all of us.
11. everything: Is that all you want to say? All is lost.

–noun 12. one's whole interest, energy, or property: to give one's all; to lose one's all.
13. (often initial capital letter) the entire universe.

–adverb 14. wholly; entirely; completely: all alone.
15. only; exclusively: He spent his income all on pleasure.
16. each; apiece: The score was one all.
17. Archaic. even; just.

THEY'RE OPPOSITES, RAVI.

But in Oppositeland that would make them the same.

Scumbags.

SOME

4. unspecified but considerable in number, amount, degree, etc.: We talked for some time. He was here some weeks.
5. Informal. of impressive or remarkable quality, consequence, extent, etc.: That was some storm.

–pronoun 6. certain persons, individuals, instances, etc., not specified: Some think he is dead.
7. an unspecified number, amount, etc., as distinguished from the rest or in addition: He paid a thousand dollars and then some.

–adverb 8. (used with numerals and with words expressing degree, extent, etc.) approximately; about: Some 300 were present.
9. Informal. to some degree or extent; somewhat: I like baseball some. She is feeling some better today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
bef. 900; ME (adj. and pronoun); OE sum orig., someone; c. MLG, MHG sum, ON sumr, Goth sums

Usage note:
As pronouns, both some and any may be used in affirmative or negative questions: Will you (won't you) have some? Do you (don't you) have any? But some is used in affirmative statements and answers: You may have some. Yes, I'd like some. And in negative statements and answers, any is the usual choice: I don't care for any. No, I can't take any.

Now ALL:

–adjective 1. the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
2. the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.
3. the greatest possible (used in referring to quality or degree): with all due respect; with all speed.
7. dominated by or as if by the conspicuous possession or use of a particular feature: The colt was all legs. They were all ears, listening attentively to everything she said.

–pronoun 9. the whole quantity or amount: He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone.

–noun 12. one's whole interest, energy, or property: to give one's all; to lose one's all.

17. Archaic. even; just.

THEY'RE OPPOSITES, RAVI.

Ravi didn't say all. She said "a group". And Palin said entertainerS. As in plural. As in more than one. As in not just Letterman. As in a group.

Scumbags.

SOME

Origin:

Usage note:

Now ALL:

17. Archaic. even; just.

THEY'RE OPPOSITES, RAVI.

Ravi didn't say all. She said "a group". And Palin said entertainerS. As in plural. As in more than one. As in not just Letterman. As in a group.

This is what Ravi said (hence my previous quote useage)

"Because in her criticism of Letterman she implicated an entire group of people as sharing the blame when in reality no one at all besides Letterman is responsible for what he said nor has anyone else ever made such a comment about Palin's daughters.

She's a total skank."

Note the bolded phrase...

So show me where "some" is defined as an "entire" group of people (a.k.a. ALL)?

SOME

Origin:

Usage note:

Now ALL:

17. Archaic. even; just.

THEY'RE OPPOSITES, RAVI.

"Because in her criticism of Letterman she implicated an entire group of people as sharing the blame when in reality no one at all besides Letterman is responsible for what he said nor has anyone else ever made such a comment about Palin's daughters.

She's a total skank."

All you need to do is change the parameters. Its quite easy.

Sarah Palin was, by definition, talking about ALL of a group of people. She was also, probably, talking about SOME of a different group of people.

Logic is fun!

What bugs me more about the whole letterman thing is not just that he told the joke, but instead of there being embarrassed silence from the audience, there was tremendous laughter. Not only did letterman think it funny, but a large portion of the people watching also thought it funny.

It may be that Letterman got confused which daughter was at the game. Given Bristol's history and the fact she is out there talking about the matter, she has sort of opened herself up for this. Personally, I don't think she has, but if you make yourself any kind of public figure, it sort of is open season. That is the rules of the game as it is played today.

As for letterman, this is pretty much who the guy is. He has and will do worse. I never have liked him, and this is pretty much why.

Making sex jokes about a 14 year old girl, under any circumstance defines letterman, and whoever will defend the behavior.

Just to turn the tables for a bit. Rush Limbaugh did a very nasty photoshop of Chelsea as a spaniel. Rush was man enough to apologize the very next night.

Letterman can only be defined as human because the chimps won't have him.

She's a total skank."

All you need to do is change the parameters. Its quite easy.

Sarah Palin was, by definition, talking about ALL of a group of people. She was also, probably, talking about SOME of a different group of people.

Logic is fun!

The "all" she was talking about was those few who do meet the definition.

Which brings us back to: It's the absolute opposite of what Ravi is asserting...that she broadbrushed all of Hollywood. She was referring to "some" of the Hollywood crowd, and "all" can be applied only to the subgroup.

fucking idiot.

What bugs me more about the whole letterman thing is not just that he told the joke, but instead of there being embarrassed silence from the audience, there was tremendous laughter. Not only did letterman think it funny, but a large portion of the people watching also thought it funny.

It may be that Letterman got confused which daughter was at the game. Given Bristol's history and the fact she is out there talking about the matter, she has sort of opened herself up for this. Personally, I don't think she has, but if you make yourself any kind of public figure, it sort of is open season. That is the rules of the game as it is played today.

As for letterman, this is pretty much who the guy is. He has and will do worse. I never have liked him, and this is pretty much why.

Making sex jokes about a 14 year old girl, under any circumstance defines letterman, and whoever will defend the behavior.

Just to turn the tables for a bit. Rush Limbaugh did a very nasty photoshop of Chelsea as a spaniel. Rush was man enough to apologize the very next night.

Lol..Chelsea as a spaniel.

Still, it's not sexual.

And keep in mind the audience at Letterman...who is going to actually go to see Letterman live?

Lefties.

She's a total skank.

If Sarah replied to his statement bringing Willow into it, when Willow wasn't even at the game, it was her intent to insite a flame.

Once again he was not confused who was at the game, WHY because none of her kids was at the game. If you are going to make statements of fact, please make sure your facts are facts and not judgements or hopes.

Says the token child molester.

Damn it! Him again?! :mad:

newt-gingrich-racist.jpg

Says the token child molester.

Agreed.

Agno is beyond just another lefty.

By his own words, he is a proponent of child sex - and that makes him this board's biggest loser.

The fact he supported these Letterman jokes against the Palin family and their daughter, speaks volumes as to where such support actually resides.

Agreed.

Agno is beyond just another lefty.

By his own words, he is a proponent of child sex - and that makes him this board's biggest loser.

The fact he supported these Letterman jokes against the Palin family and their daughter, speaks volumes as to where such support actually resides.

Then by that same reasoning, Newt Gingrich is indisputably as great a "proponent of child sex." I await your condemnation of him, though it's become apparent at this point that flagrant inconsistency is a component of your maleficent proclamations. ;)

Let's start off by acknowledging something that everyone agrees with:

DAVID LETTERMAN IS NOT FUNNY.

Okay, now that we ALL agree with him, let's also acknowledge another TRUTH:

The PALIN Family are REDNECKS. They are NOT smart people.

Okay, this thread is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back