Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here

Sep 12, 2008
While I am glad that a Republican won on MA, it is telling that he didn't run on the party platform, and he got next to no help from the national party.

Scott Brown didn't win as a Republican, or as a Conservative. He won as the candidate who wanted to wake up the jerkasses in both parties to listen to the needs of the people. Our elective representitves are sent to do a job, not to engage in middle school insult contests.

Scott Brown is not the candidate of business as usual, he seems to be the candidate of "Pay attention when we are talking to you"

He owes the Republicans few favors. He is a minority party candidate and he needs to demonstrate he understands what got him where he is.

While I am glad that a Republican won on MA, it is telling that he didn't run on the party platform, and he got next to no help from the national party.

Scott Brown didn't win as a Republican, or as a Conservative. He won as the candidate who wanted to wake up the jerkasses in both parties to listen to the needs of the people. Our elective representitves are sent to do a job, not to engage in middle school insult contests.

Scott Brown is not the candidate of business as usual, he seems to be the candidate of "Pay attention when we are talking to you"

He owes the Republicans few favors. He is a minority party candidate and he needs to demonstrate he understands what got him where he is.

What got him where he is was not the Republican party.... it was 'we, the People'... namely, Independents..... He owes the TEA Partiers, not the Republicans.

The fact he didn't run as a Republican should be telling to those Republicans both running for reelection and for office that running as a "Republican to keep the Democrats and Health Care out" is a bad idea. Americans want Health Care Reform and even a Public Option if done right.

But they want Health Care Reform especially.

He ran a great campaign, and capitalized well on Martha's terrible campaign.

Her "gift of gab" certainly didn't do her any favors. If she insulted anyone else I think she would of ran out of people in the state to insult.

What got him where he is was not the Republican party.... it was 'we, the People'... namely, Independents..... He owes the TEA Partiers, not the Republicans.

Mr. Brown seems to think otherwise:

CORRECTED: Brown Says He's Unfamiliar with Tea Partiers; Campaign Pix Say Otherwise | TPMDC

We've already done this debate, Dog. It didn't fly then and it doesn't fly now. Don't flog dead horses.... they're dead. The full transcript shows the truth of the interview and it doesn't work for you. Live with it.

The fact he didn't run as a Republican should be telling to those Republicans both running for reelection and for office that running as a "Republican to keep the Democrats and Health Care out" is a bad idea. Americans want Health Care Reform and even a Public Option if done right.

But they want Health Care Reform especially.

No one is arguing that we need and want Health Care Reform - but I think the Administration just got told really clearly that THIS health care reform is not what Americans want.

We've already done this debate, Dog. It didn't fly then and it doesn't fly now. Don't flog dead horses.... they're dead. The full transcript shows the truth of the interview and it doesn't work for you. Live with it.

Don't believe me, fine. But it's not my fault that the tea parties are going to regret for what they would consider a RINO if he was an incumbent.

Don't believe me, fine. But it's not my fault that the tea parties are going to regret for what they would consider a RINO if he was an incumbent.

better a RINO than a leftist democrat.

How sweet it is . . .

scott-brown.jpg

. . . because it shows it is possible to stop the runaway train.

And Brown did run much more as a conservative independent than he did as a Republican, but it would be really REALLY foolish to say that he got little or no help from Republicans. He also got help from fiscally conservative minded Democrats.

I thought he rather overdid it in his gushing praise of Ted Kennedy, but as he was speaking to a Massachusetts crowd as the candidate of the people, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Baruch is right though that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. I posted a day or two ago that a Brown win would be the best thing possible for the Democrat party and I suspected most were probably secretly praying for that to happen. Why? Because now they can save face when they don't pass a healthcare bill they don't want to pass and they can blame Republicans for denying the people healthcare reform. And, if the economy does improve and there are no more really unpopular issues put out there, they will have a better chance to retain their seats come November.

But by definition, the tea party should of supported Joe Kennedy. But hey, who wants consistency? :lol:

He voted for Romneycare. It would be like the tea parties supporting someone who voted for the Stimulus, TARP, and this HC bill. :lol:

But by definition, the tea party should of supported Joe Kennedy. But hey, who wants consistency? :lol:

He voted for Romneycare. It would be like the tea parties supporting someone who voted for the Stimulus, TARP, and this HC bill. :lol:

Alright. I'll take a step of humility here. Who is Joe Kennedy if not the bootlegging, mafia connected father of the 35th president of the United States?

Alright. I'll take a step of humility here. Who is Joe Kennedy if not the bootlegging, mafia connected father of the 35th president of the United States?

Oh, but see, people didn't want to talk about Joe Kennedy. Because Joe Kennedy was the candidate that all these people preaching "Limited Government" should of voted for. No no, instead they all took the politics way out by wanting a win. Joe by the way ran as a candidate of the "Liberty Party."

Joe Kennedy on the issues - The Boston Globe

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Joe_L__Kennedy.htm

http://joekennedyforsenate.com/

By the way, you forgot Nazi supporter of sorts for Joe.

Last edited:

Oh, but see, people didn't want to talk about Joe Kennedy. Because Joe Kennedy was the candidate that all these people preaching "Limited Government" should of voted for. No no, instead they all took the politics way out by wanting a win. Joe by the way ran as a candidate of the "Liberty Party."

Joe Kennedy on the issues - The Boston Globe

Joe L. Kennedy on the Issues

Joe Kennedy for Senate

By the way, you forgot Nazi supporter of sorts for Joe.

I should have voted for Michael Badnarek and Bob Barr, I guess. It just seems like a wasted vote.

Kennedy was the real small government, anti-establishment candidate on the ballot. The tea partiers, as predicted by yours truly, abandoned their principles at the first sight of a Republican with a chance.

Kennedy was the real small government, anti-establishment candidate on the ballot. The tea partiers, as predicted by yours truly, abandoned their principles at the first sight of a Republican with a chance.
the tea partiers voting for him would have put Coakley in the seat easily.

the tea partiers voting for him would have put Coakley in the seat easily.

I know. They sold their principles for a GOP win.

I should have voted for Michael Badnarek and Bob Barr, I guess. It just seems like a wasted vote.

And that is why at the end of the day, the tea parties are just another right wing advocate group as a whole. Principle goes out the window when you have a shot of winning an election.

Forum List

Back