Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here

Kennedy was the real small government, anti-establishment candidate on the ballot. The tea partiers, as predicted by yours truly, abandoned their principles at the first sight of a Republican with a chance.
the tea partiers voting for him would have put Coakley in the seat easily.

I know. They sold their principles for a GOP win.

If you wanna look at it that way. In another example, these Palinites need to "sell their principles" because a vote for Palin is essentially a vote for Obama.

I should have voted for Michael Badnarek and Bob Barr, I guess. It just seems like a wasted vote.

And that is why at the end of the day, the tea parties are just another right wing advocate group as a whole. Principle goes out the window when you have a shot of winning an election.

is usually a vote for the lesser of two evils. because the best candidate (being the third party) is essentially a vote for the greater of two evils.

Last edited:
He ran a great campaign, and capitalized well on Martha's terrible campaign.
:cuckoo:

Yep...it's all Martha's fault...lets keel haul her on the USS Constitution.

Let's face it...this was a referendum on a fucked up healthcare bill the Democrats tried to ram down the throats of a CLEAR MAJORITY of Americans who DID NOT support this bill OR THE METHODS USED TO ACHIEVE 60 DEMOCRAT VOTES.

Let's face it...this was a referendum on a fucked up healthcare bill the Democrats tried to ram down the throats of a CLEAR MAJORITY of Americans who DID NOT support this bill OR THE METHODS USED TO ACHIEVE 60 DEMOCRAT VOTES.

I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you. The smartest thing that Brown's campaign did was make the election a referendum on the very unpopular healthcare bill.

is usually a vote for the greater of two evils. because the best candidate (being the third party) is essentially a vote for the greater of two evils.

No, it's a vote for maintaining your principles instead of waiving them for the temptation of giving them up for a maybe. Come 2010, unless good third party candidates don't run, I'm not voting for Democrat or Republican in my state.

If it were a referendum on healthcare then Brown wouldn't have had a 30 point gap to close.

Kennedy was the real small government, anti-establishment candidate on the ballot. The tea partiers, as predicted by yours truly, abandoned their principles at the first sight of a Republican with a chance.

I think it's more to do with stopping an agenda than selling their principles. This election was a clear message to the current Administration.

is usually a vote for the greater of two evils. because the best candidate (being the third party) is essentially a vote for the greater of two evils.

No, it's a vote for maintaining your principles instead of waiving them for the temptation of giving them up for a maybe. Come 2010, unless good third party candidates don't run, I'm not voting for Democrat or Republican in my state.

i meant lesser of two evils. I edited it. Clinton didn't beat Bush Sr. Perot beat Bush Sr.

If it were a referendum on healthcare then Brown wouldn't have had a 30 point gap to close.

I disagree, but only very slightly.

This election was a referendum on this current healthcare plan - which is an example of how good Brown's campaign was. The campaign turned the election into a referendum on that single issue, rather than the seat itself - and that combined with Martha's absolutely embarrassing campaign resulted in tonight's conclusion.

I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you. The smartest thing that Brown's campaign did was make the election a referendum on the very unpopular healthcare bill.

Amen and amen. If the people of Massachusetts LIKED what Obama & company, Pelosi & company, Reid & company have been doing, Martha could have been the worst idiot on the face of the Earth and sustained a huge scandal and they would have voted for her anyway. Brown was elected because he was the ONLY viable candidate running that opposed the abominable healthcare takeover, opposed the backroom Cornhusker sellout, the Louisiana purchase, and deals for the unions to buy votes, and who opposes giving citizen rights to terrorists who intend to obliterate as many of us as they can. I wish he had included Cap & Trade in all that, but the fact is, it was elect him or elect Coakley who would have voted with the liberal Democrats.

Sure we can throw away our vote for our personal convictions. Or we can put our vote where it will do the most good for the country.

It remains to be seen though whether it would have been better for Coakley to have won by a narrow margin so that the whole mess would crash and burn by November. That could happen anyway, but Brown may have sidetracked the runaway train sufficiently that a complete Democrat bloodbath won't happen now.

Still, if Brown's victory forces Obama et al to shift back toward the center and govern sensibly, that would be a good thing too.

Last edited:

When did the secret deals start to be made pubic? When were the Republicans locked out? Look at the decline of healthcare reform in it's present form and his rise in the polls...you'll find a correlation.

Last edited:
I think it's more to do with stopping an agenda than selling their principles. This election was a clear message to the current Administration.

No, it has to do with selling their principles. Their reasoning to justify it may be to stop a agenda but they still sold their principles at the end of the day.

You trying to convince Art is a bit silly as he voted for Brown personally.

No, it has to do with selling their principles. Their reasoning to justify it may be to stop a agenda but they still sold their principles at the end of the day.

You trying to convince Art is a bit silly as he voted for Brown personally.

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic.

The problem is that Tea Partiers love to talk about how all politicians are liars, that they don't care about about either party, ect ... yet the second a GOP candidate in full campaign mode starts talking about small gov't and other red meat issues they throw away their lie detectors and flip their legs behind their ears for the GOP.

I am Jack's lack of surprise.

Forum List

Back