Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here

I know. They sold their principles for a GOP win.

I think it's more to do with stopping an agenda than selling their principles. This election was a clear message to the current Administration.

The problem is that Tea Partiers love to talk about how all politicians are liars, that they don't care about about either party, ect ... yet the second a GOP candidate in full campaign mode starts talking about small gov't and other red meat issues they throw away their lie detectors and flip their legs behind their ears for the GOP.

I am Jack's lack of surprise.

I am Jack's wonder about how we know who the tea partiers voted for.

I think it's more to do with stopping an agenda than selling their principles. This election was a clear message to the current Administration.

No, it has to do with selling their principles. Their reasoning to justify it may be to stop a agenda but they still sold their principles at the end of the day.

You trying to convince Art is a bit silly as he voted for Brown personally.

I actually didn't vote for anyone.

Like 2004, I protested this election.

Coakley is worthless and I don't trust Brown not to fall in lock step with the GOP.

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic.

You do, I'm looking at all the facts. And the tea party have to take that hand in hand. They were presented with a opportunity to make a bigger difference by showing both parties that they have a voice by making a dent in the two-party stranglehold. Obviously, that did not occur and they voted Republican.

Coakley is worthless and I don't trust Brown not to fall in lock step with the GOP.

I thought you said you were going to vote? Or was that if you did vote it would be for Brown? And I have no reason to disagree with you because the temptation is strong for him to do so.

The problem is that Tea Partiers love to talk about how all politicians are liars, that they don't care about about either party, ect ... yet the second a GOP candidate in full campaign mode starts talking about small gov't and other red meat issues they throw away their lie detectors and flip their legs behind their ears for the GOP.

The two I know personally threw their weight behind Brown when it was clear that he had a chance. One turned into his biggest supporter on this site, IMO.

I thought you said you were going to vote? Or was that if you did vote it would be for Brown? And I have no reason to disagree with you because the temptation is strong for him to do so.

I said that IF I went out to vote it would be for Brown.

:cuckoo:

Yep...it's all Martha's fault...lets keel haul her on the USS Constitution.

Let's face it...this was a referendum on a fucked up healthcare bill the Democrats tried to ram down the throats of a CLEAR MAJORITY of Americans who DID NOT support this bill OR THE METHODS USED TO ACHIEVE 60 DEMOCRAT VOTES.

I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you. The smartest thing that Brown's campaign did was make the election a referendum on the very unpopular healthcare bill.

Amen and amen. If the people of Massachusetts LIKED what Obama & company, Pelosi & company, Reid & company have been doing, Martha could have been the worst idiot on the face of the Earth and sustained a huge scandal and they would have voted for her anyway. Brown was elected because he was the ONLY viable candidate running that opposed the abominable healthcare takeover, opposed the backroom Cornhusker sellout, the Louisiana purchase, and deals for the unions to buy votes, and who opposes giving citizen rights to terrorists who intend to obliterate as many of us as they can. I wish he had included Cap & Trade in all that, but the fact is, it was elect him or elect Coakley who would have voted with the liberal Democrats.

Sure we can throw away our vote for our personal convictions. Or we can put our vote where it will do the most good for the country.

It remains to be seen though whether it would have been better for Coakley to have won by a narrow margin so that the whole mess would crash and burn by November. That could happen anyway, but Brown may have sidetracked the runaway train sufficiently that a complete Democrat bloodbath won't happen now.

Still, if Brown's victory forces Obama et al to shift back toward the center and govern sensibly, that would be a good thing too.

I agree with you to some extent, but I think we're looking at the situation from two different perspectives. I'm looking at it in terms of the way the campaigns were run (It's what I do for a living, so it's very relevant to me) - not in terms of the ideologies of either candidate or the people of Massachusetts. I'm not trying to extrapolate meaning from this, or use it to judge the electorate - I'm using it as something to learn from, to enable me to do my job better.

The two I know personally threw their weight behind Brown when it was clear that he had a chance. One turned into his biggest supporter on this site, IMO.

I am Jack's wonder about who that supporter is.

but you didn't trust him.....Hmmmmmmmmm. What does that say about your logic?

I don't vote in many national elections - I was 700 miles away from my polling place in Nov 2008, working on a local election, so I didn't vote for Obama. The elections I vote in are the ones that actually matter - the local ones (state senate, assembly, city council, etc).

But I vote every year on the local stuff, and I've never trusted a politician - which means I've never trusted who I voted for. Ever.

Huh?

Don't know what you are getting at.

I said that I don't trust him but if I went out to vote, it would be for him.

I didn't go out and vote.

I'd say I followed my principles by not voting for either candidate.

You're trying to explain an alien concept to a guy Art who would likely sell his soul for Obama, Biden, Pelosi, and Reid to be gone from office tomorrow.

QUIT whoring for rep dogbert....jesus christ!!!!

Considering Article gave me rep for a post just last night I do believe, he cannot give me rep now if I am thinking correct. However, I'm not rep whoring nor do I care about rep.

But go ahead, neg rep me. Warning though, I have a return neg policy for immature punks like you.

Huh?

Don't know what you are getting at.

I said that I don't trust him but if I went out to vote, it would be for him.

I didn't go out and vote.

What if you did decide to go out and vote for someone you don't trust...what does that say about your logic...you say mines kooky...I say yours is as well. Nothing wrong with either of our logics...it's all how it's perceived by people with a different set of beliefs

Last edited:

It's your civic duty to vote, Art. Wanna protest, fine, protest but vote.... write 'none of the above' or 'common sense' but VOTE!

I don't think the whole reason Brown got it was not just the TEA Partiers, there was just a groundswell of opposition - from all sides. Hell, even democrats voted for Brown.

QUIT whoring for rep dogbert....jesus christ!!!!

Considering Article gave me rep for a post just last night I do believe, he cannot give me rep now if I am thinking correct. However, I'm not rep whoring nor do I care about rep.

But go ahead, neg rep me. Warning though, I have a return neg policy for immature punks like you.

Yea, you are and yea you do. :lol:

Forum List

Back