Let's Hope this Bill Gains Legs

even your own source wont say how much it "cost" them to harvest body parts. you'd think they would have just asked PP??/

no instead they just quote OTHER people and say PP is taking a loss

did you even read it? or were you just given it to swallow whole before regurgitating it?

Do you think $50 or $75 covers the costs? You think they're earning a "profit"?

Still waiting on all the indictments.

Congresswoman Introduces Defund Planned Parenthood Act The Weekly Standard

Why the hell would our tax dollars go to supporting a vile organization like planned parenthood to any degree?

So you are one of those who actually believe they are selling baby parts. This latest lie is more hyperbolic than Benghazi.

Did you see the videos?

I saw the edited video. I also know that tissue donation, with it's strict rules banning sales but allowing reimbursement for expenses incurred to deliver those tissues is common and has helped produce great medical breakthroughs. This is just another scam just like that dumb kid in the pimp suit put out. A complete misrepresentation of the facts. If there was any integrity or honor remaining in the right wing, you would recognize that.

Why the hell would our tax dollars go to supporting a vile organization like planned parenthood to any degree?

Nothing would make me more happy to see that vile and monstrous organization defunded. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't Obarrycare cover most of the "so-called" expenses that women are "forced" to endure?

I expect these bills to die a quiet death. And it does nothing but reenforce my views that we have turned into an evil country devoid of any moral structure.

The worst part of this is the fact that we have actual elected officials who are willing to exploit these lies in order to raise their profile with the idiots who believe them.

When I was a lot younger, Planned Parenthood provided free checkups and birth control pills. They do a lot of good. Of course, our (my) taxpayer money is funding "pro-life" religiously affiliated pregnancy centers...you guys going to defund those too?
I'm good with that.

I actually support funding both - as long as they are practicing good medicine and there is no coercion. Low cost clinics provide a much needed service, especially in areas that have few choices. They screen for STD's, provide education, and much of their clientel are poor people who might otherwise forgo preventative healthcare or the sort of care and monitoring and education they might during pregnancy.
I too was fine with PP in the 70s and 80s. But if every woman has insurance, and preventative health and contraception is covered with no deductible or co-pay, what's the point of paying PP to do it.

And if people want to adopt, fine. But they should do it with their own money.

I don't disagree, the ACA will provide much of the services offered for free by PP. Two carveats to that:

1. PP offers preventative advice and council as well as medical care
2. There is no guarantee the Congress will fund items in the ACA which they do not approve of, even if medically necessary to protect the life of the patient.

But, but, but there is no Republican War on Women. Another BIG LIE by the Republican Party, its Pols, misogynists and fellow travelers:

Women s Sexual Health Understand your Reproductive Health

so now not wanting to fund the selling of baby body parts for profit tranlsates into a "war on women"??

or are you just an idiot?

No, I'm not an idiot and I'm able to ascertain that you are either a liar or ignorant - willful or otherwise:

The National Organ Transplant Act
Under the National Organ Transplant Act of 1984 (NOTA), any individual convicted of buying or selling human organs faces a five-year prison sentence and/or a hefty fine. Since the language of the law explicitly states that it is a crime for an individual to "knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer" a human organ, it allows safe harbor for those who unknowingly receive an illegally procured organ.

- See more at: Can I Sell an Organ - FindLaw

Forum List

Back