Let's Hope this Bill Gains Legs

When I was a lot younger, Planned Parenthood provided free checkups and birth control pills. They do a lot of good. Of course, our (my) taxpayer money is funding "pro-life" religiously affiliated pregnancy centers...you guys going to defund those too?
I'm good with that.

I actually support funding both - as long as they are practicing good medicine and there is no coercion. Low cost clinics provide a much needed service, especially in areas that have few choices. They screen for STD's, provide education, and much of their clientel are poor people who might otherwise forgo preventative healthcare or the sort of care and monitoring and education they might during pregnancy.
I too was fine with PP in the 70s and 80s. But if every woman has insurance, and preventative health and contraception is covered with no deductible or co-pay, what's the point of paying PP to do it.

And if people want to adopt, fine. But they should do it with their own money.

money is fungible; it doesnt know where it's going. the $20 in your left pocket that you're going to put on your light bill is the same as the $20 in your right pocket for your gas bill.

you cant say the "gummitt" money to PP just goes toward "basic healthcare".

How do you know that?

what "pro-life religiously affiliated pregnancy centers"??? are you talking about?

how much do they get?
can you be a bit more specific?

Congresswoman Introduces Defund Planned Parenthood Act The Weekly Standard

Why the hell would our tax dollars go to supporting a vile organization like planned parenthood to any degree?

But, but, but there is no Republican War on Women. Another BIG LIE by the Republican Party, its Pols, misogynists and fellow travelers:

Women s Sexual Health Understand your Reproductive Health

so now not wanting to fund the selling of baby body parts for profit tranlsates into a "war on women"??

or are you just an idiot?

Why the hell would our tax dollars go to supporting a vile organization like planned parenthood to any degree?

So you are one of those who actually believe they are selling baby parts. This latest lie is more hyperbolic than Benghazi.

Did you see the videos?

In the videos they are discussing the NON PROFIT fees to cover the costs of recovering, storing and delivering fetal tissue that is to be used in research facilities that are developing treatments and cures for illnesses...primarily for illnesses that newborn babies and infants have.

They are NOT discussing the sale of body parts for profit. If you bought that line....you are a dupe.

Last edited:
When I was a lot younger, Planned Parenthood provided free checkups and birth control pills. They do a lot of good. Of course, our (my) taxpayer money is funding "pro-life" religiously affiliated pregnancy centers...you guys going to defund those too?
I'm good with that.

I actually support funding both - as long as they are practicing good medicine and there is no coercion. Low cost clinics provide a much needed service, especially in areas that have few choices. They screen for STD's, provide education, and much of their clientel are poor people who might otherwise forgo preventative healthcare or the sort of care and monitoring and education they might during pregnancy.
I too was fine with PP in the 70s and 80s. But if every woman has insurance, and preventative health and contraception is covered with no deductible or co-pay, what's the point of paying PP to do it.

And if people want to adopt, fine. But they should do it with their own money.

Ya...but I'm just not sure that will actually happen. There are a substantial number of people who might not have insurance - street people, illegals, young people who can't afford it yet.

"Planned Parenthood"

if you need an abortion you werent planning anything
and you have no intention of being a parent

But, but, but there is no Republican War on Women. Another BIG LIE by the Republican Party, its Pols, misogynists and fellow travelers:

so now not wanting to fund the selling of baby body parts for profit tranlsates into a "war on women"??

No one is selling baby parts for profit.

So you are one of those who actually believe they are selling baby parts. This latest lie is more hyperbolic than Benghazi.

Did you see the videos?

In the videos they are discussing the NON PROFIT fees to cover the costs of recovering, storing and delivering fetal tissue that is to be used in research facilities that are developing treatments and cures for illnesses...primarily for illnesses that newborn babies and infants have.

They are NOT discussing the sale of body parts for profit. If our bought that line....you are a dupe.

if you really believe the line you just told us; or expect anybody else to believe it; the dupe is you

yes they are

yes they are

Sellling baby parts for profit is illegal. Where are all the indictments and arrests?

Did you see the videos?

They are NOT discussing the sale of body parts for profit. If our bought that line....you are a dupe.

if you really believe the line you just told us; or expect anybody else to believe it; the dupe is you

I just gave you the truth. You are not likely to be drawn to it.

oh i see now. perhaps i worded my question wrong. so "religiously affiliated pregnancy centers" should be defunded for NOT selling baby body parts for profit?

yes they are

Sellling baby parts for profit is illegal. Where are all the indictments and arrests?

stay tuned

yes they are

stay tuned

This has been going on for a decade - the accusation that PP sells baby bits. Where are the indictments?

oh i see now. perhaps i worded my question wrong. so "religiously affiliated pregnancy centers" should be defunded for NOT selling baby body parts for profit?

The "selling baby bits for bucks" has been debunked.

So why do you want to defund PP? Why should MY taxes be used for a religious pregnancy center?

The "selling baby bits for bucks" has been debunked.

So why do you want to defund PP? Why should MY taxes be used for a religious pregnancy center?

um like i said; no it hasnt
i dont see you telling us how much it cost them to harvest tissue or other parts. so you have no idea if they are making a profit or it is just to cover the costs

try again

Forum List

Back